Holidays

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Holidays

Post by white_harmony » Mon May 03, 2010 3:24 pm

Well, we are getting in and doing the research ... But the good news is - We are headed to Canada, a few stops in America, and Japan (hopefully) next year. Now ... The question I have for you all is this (especially you dear Canadian lasses) - What are some of the good places to go and see while in Canada??? Googling and researching up places is all well and good, but I'd love to hear something from the people I know who live in Canada, and have some good ideas for places to go, things to do, things to see. Anything at all would be much appreciated!! We are hoping to catch up with some PL members while we are over that way as well, so any ideas for a meet up would be grand as well! So excited! lol :lol:
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Holidays

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue May 04, 2010 6:10 am

For Canada, what kind of places are you into? For shopping, the West Edmonton Mall is the biggest mall in the country. There's culture and history on the East Coast, arts and hippiness on the West Coast, some beautiful (but cold) areas up North, and flats in the middle! What exactly are you looking for in terms of experience? (Fantastic that we have a spokesperson each for the East, West, and Middle!)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Tue May 04, 2010 5:07 pm

It's been really hard to pick exactly what we're after in terms of what kind of experiences we're looking to have lol. We're pretty easy pleased, as we found out on our honeymoon lol. Shopping is a must ... I do so love it lol. As for anything else ... The natural scenery and beauty is a given, one must go and see all the pretty places lol. We're both lovers of all things history. Culture is a big thing. That's one of the big reasons we're also doing the stop in Japan, to actually experience a whole different culture. A lot of our friends have been to Canada already, and have said that it's just like being in Australia (people wise), except for the accent and the fact that it's on the other side of the world lol. It sounds pretty awesome the way you broke it down - "There's culture and history on the East Coast, arts and hippiness on the West Coast, some beautiful (but cold) areas up North, and flats in the middle!" So I guess we'll be doing from one side of the country to the other and seeing everything we possibly can in between! lol Which is what we kind of figured to begin with anyway. But thanks for the break down! It does give me a better idea of what to look for (in general terms anyway) and where to find it lol.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Tue May 04, 2010 8:42 pm

Well, if you happen to swing through Pittsburgh, PA, I'll help you find the few sites worth seeing...we've got a few good museums, a fairly nice riverboat fleet that does dinner tours and stuff...and a local amusement park that's been here for over a century. There's also the Cathedral of Learning...a Gothic(?) style monolith in the middle of a college campus. They have "Nationality Rooms" that you can tour for a fee.

Lemme know if you'll be in "Da 'burgh". LOL.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sat May 08, 2010 10:35 am

I'll have to keep my comments short... my tendonitis is acting up again. :evil: :-(

For here in Alberta, there's West Edmonton Mall (definately fun, with its own wave pool), The Calgary Stampede (which has lost it's appeal to me, since I go almost every year, but is worth seeing if you don't), The Royal Terell(sp?) Museaum (Do you like Dinosaurs? Then you'll love this place), and Alberta Stonehenge, which I still have not gotten to (I need to call Vulcan for directions :lol: ). And of course, There's me and Grimwell and my Stone Circle out back! :-D

Let me know when you're coming down and we'll see what we can arrange... I should mention that while West Edmonton Mall is fun, and worth seeing, plan on $400 a night hotels. Me and my honey tend to drive up during summer and sleep in our car. :lol: :oops:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Mon May 10, 2010 7:57 pm

Thanks so much for the tips guys. We're still cataloging ideas and what-have-you, but it's definitely interesting to hear whats around the place lol. Really enjoying planning this trip, and with everything that we've look at so far, it looks like we'll be in Canada and America for quite a while rofl. Only way to experience everything without rushing, and I'm definitely not one for rushing lol. Will keep you updated on where we shall be once we say "Right, that's it, that's the plan", and then we can organise to catch up with anyone who wants to from there. Fortunately, we have time to procrastinate *cough* I mean plan, since it's not going to happen for around 12 months lol. At least we will be able to give you all notice well and truly in advance should we be stopping in your neck of the woods :-D

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Tue May 11, 2010 6:41 pm

Awesome! Always great to meet another PL'er in person! :lol: :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Wed May 12, 2010 4:31 pm

Definitely Kitsune! Not to mention the fact that we were toying with the idea (in one of our threads ages ago) of catching up and making sure you got a girls night out since you didn't get one before your wedding. We'll just leave the fella's to do their own thing, and go out and have fun rofl :lol: :-D

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed May 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Well, not that I want to influence your plans, but I should be down in BC in the same city as Crazy for a day or two near the end of October... and I certainly wouldn't mind a night out. Especially if it's with the two of you!

Honestly, the fact that you guys remember that I never really did get my night out is awesome. (Especially considering the troubles I've had with that particular non-friend of mine who should have been planning it out before we stopped speaking to each other :roll: )

It would be great to see you anytime though. :-D

white_harmony

Post by white_harmony » Wed May 12, 2010 10:35 pm

We're looking to head overseas ... Probably June/July/August ... Somewhere in those 3 months lol. So a little bit before your planned trip #-o lol We will definitely organise something though, one simply cannot miss out on a girls night hehe :-D

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Fri May 14, 2010 9:18 pm

It'll be awesome to see you, regardless of what we end up doing! :-D

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon May 31, 2010 11:11 am

It is worth it to buy the lonely planet guide to Canada. I own it myself and use it all the time.

As a woman in love with Ontario, I can honestly say I think you should come out to Toronto and Montreal, some of the best shopping ever. Not to mention the million and one amazing things to do, and the fact that from anywhere in Ontario a Two hour drive will get you out of the city to nature.

Talk to me on FB, we will make good plans.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)