Movie: How To Train Your Dragon

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Movie: How To Train Your Dragon

Post by Kystar » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:35 pm

I'm not exactly a big movie-goer. I used to watch them to kill time...and have a collection of DVD's...but a lot of the new movies out now are boring to me.

However, Hubby begged for a "date" on his day off, so we saw "How To Train Your Dragon". It's a kid's movie...but it was SO much fun.

The dry, cynical humor of the main character, and the interesting interactions between the characters, including the "creatures" is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88x08ePynt0

This is a good trailer to give you a glimpse of the characters.

My husband's favorite line is the last one in the trailer. I think it's amusing how much the dragon "Toothless" reminds us of my cat, Noche!

Anyways...I just had to share...b/c it's an awesome movie...IMHO.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Movie: How To Train Your Dragon

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:48 pm

I really want to see this!! We might go next weekend.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:03 pm

It's Disney, isn't it? I haven't enjoyed a (Non-Japanese) Disney film since I was young... But if you say it's pretty good, maybe I'll have to see about it.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:08 pm

Dreamworks. Not Disney. Totally separate. Makers of Shrek and stuff. My sister says they're Disney's new rivals in the animated Movie field.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:03 pm

If it's Dreamworks, it might be worth taking a look at (although I don't think I've seen anything of theirs in years either). Oh Wait! I did see Aliens vs Monsters last year. That was Dreamworks, I think.

Anyway... Maybe I'll have to take a look!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:10 pm

The link I provided is a good trailer, shows enough but not too much.

I've not been big on movies recently...I think the last movie I willingly went to was the Phantom remake with Gerard Butler. Most of the new movies the last few years haven't even gotten my attention. This one was fun, though!

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:21 am

It got really good reviews. And I am so glad they didn't get the dragon to talk (I'm looking at you Eragon).

I try not to watch too many kids movies (I have a feeling I will see enough of them if I ever have kids), but I might make an exception for this one.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Willow wrote:I try not to watch too many kids movies (I have a feeling I will see enough of them if I ever have kids)
Trust me... You will be singing kiddie shows instead of grown-up songs and making inanimate objects act out nonsensible scenes at work. Your brain melts. I STILL sing Dora, and it's been a good 2 years since I've seen Dora the Explorer. I STILL sing Care Bears, but that's because my niece is obsessed. Thankfully I stopped acting out Baby Einstein stuff a good 5 years ago, but I still hear the cut-scene xylophone in my head at strange moments (getting into the car, etc). I still sing my nonsense personalized song to the tune of "Baby Beluga" and yet my niece is old enough now to say, "This was BORING," when she's mad at me (like a stuck-up teen). Thankfully she's growing out of that (along with the annoying eye-roll) and learning some good manners, and I must say I do feel it's from all the nights sleeping over at Auntie's where we talk, watch Planet Earth instead of Brats, learn about oracle cards rather than play videogames, and I always have a new song to show her when I pick her up from school.

Well, a little tangent there. But really, the little kiddie songs and shows melt your brain. They just suck you right in.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:31 pm

The dragon didn't NEED to talk, it's body language was REALLY vocal enough! It has OODLES of personality without speech.