A Saturday rant(ish)

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Ragnar

A Saturday rant(ish)

Post by Ragnar » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:22 am

Google Blogger.

Because most of the Bloggs I read are on Google Blogger, to make life easier, I registered an account.

No problem.

With Blogger, there are three ways to log in to answer;

1) By using Name/URL. But this means you do not get notified of replys.

2) The long form. Where you put your screen name and password. Which most sites use.

3) the short form that only gives the option of E-Mail address and password.

# 1 and 3 work NO problem.

However, # 2 .:angry4: :angry5: :banghead: :gib:

"Incorrect password". EVERY time I change Topic in a blogg I must register from NEW when I wish to write a comment.

Now, disregarding that at any time, I can open my Google Blogger account to write, and I can use said account to write as a guest writer on another, and with # 3 I NEVER have a problem, WHAT the bloody HEL is wrong with Google??? :rock: :censored: :censored:

I can go to a site that uses method # 3, leave the link open, then go to a # 2 site. Then as soon as I want to comment on a second topic. BANG, "Incorrect password".

I BLOODY HATE GOOGLE AND WISH THEIR ENTIRE STAFF SEVERE ATHELETES FOOT AND A HEFTY DOES OF HEAMEROIDS!

Any one else have this problem?

Rowan
Level 3
Level 3
Zodiac: Aquarius

Re: A Saturday rant(ish)

Post by Rowan » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:18 am

I've only ever had problems with Blogger, no other aspect of Google. I have several Gmail accounts and never have issue with them. But yeah Blogger is annoying. It's why I left in favour of WordPress. However, because I still have Gmail, I'm automatically logged into Blogger through Gmail.
I have lost my way.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:13 am

Well I am kind of stuck because most of the bloggs I read use Blogger. So I have no choice but to sign in, unless I want to set up a complete exel file just for comments I must check, or threads I wish to follow.

What fascinates me, and annoys me, about google, is when any one has a problem, like mine, they rtefer you to their web site.

Oh aye. There MAY be others with the same problem. Well bloody YIPPEEE, because none have them have been able to come up with a cure either. Google just ignore everything you write to them.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:13 am

Ragnar, I had the EXACT problem with Google Blogger! Horrid beast.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Rowan
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Rowan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:38 am

Though I do love Google, I strongly feel it's only looking forward to the next area of technology it can conquer and completely forgetting that there are parts of it that exist and don't work properly.
I have lost my way.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:09 am

Good point Rowan. Added to that, I get the impression they do not care about Blogger, as they get no revenue from it.

Rowan
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Rowan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:52 am

I wouldn't doubt it Ragnar. Kinda like Yahoo and their chat system. Millions use it, but it's a piece of horse manure. :lol:
I have lost my way.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:05 am

EUREKA!!!!

I have found the CURE!!!

When it asks for user name, it means your bloody E-MAIL address, NOT your damn SCREEN name!!!

Now you would have thought it would have been easy enough for Google to have told me that?

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:18 am

I like google blogger, but then again, I can`t do anything too fancy with computers so maybe I am at an advantage because of my crappy tech skills!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)