Repaying Kindness

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Rowan
Level 3
Level 3
Zodiac: Aquarius

Repaying Kindness

Post by Rowan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:05 pm

I know this may come across as me seeking a pat on the back, but I'm not. I just wanted to share that it feels good to finally be able to repay a kindness done to me in the past. It's taken around 8 or 9 years, but one day back then I was on my way to work and realised I needed gas. I was running behind in getting to work and I dashed out the house without my wallet. Once I got to the gas station I knew there was no way I could leave again without filling up but I had no money. A few strangers gave me a dollar here and there and I was able to fill up my tank enough to get me to work. I was so relieved. Tonight I was able to "pay it forward" so to speak while at the gas station. I was filling my tank when a young guy came up to me with an empty gas container and asked if I could put some in. Knowing the position he was in, I put a few dollars' worth of gas in the container when my tank was full. It didn't cost me that much more and I was glad to be able to repay that kindness done to me.

:heart: :Luck:
I have lost my way.

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Re: Repaying Kindness

Post by davisherm » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:37 pm

That's a great story, Rowan.

It's not self-congratulatory at all. If anything, it's inspiring. The world could use a few more people who take a moment or two to look out for the rest of the population.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Rowan
Level 3
Level 3
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by Rowan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:40 am

Thanks Davisherm.
I have lost my way.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:18 am

We actually have a similar thing emailed out to us at work every friday. The "kindness story of the week". It's not self-congratulatory... definately more inspiring.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:41 pm

Well it's good you're not looking for a pat-on-the-back, cause you're getting a hug instead!! >:D< That's really sweet of you! I love pay-it-forward stories, they always make me want to be a better person, and not only want, but to actually BE one too. Thank you for sharing that. =D>
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me