Welcome to the New Decade!

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Welcome to the New Decade!

Post by Kitsune » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:17 am

And now for the question we all ask whenever theres a new decade starting...

"WHERE'S MY FLYING CAR?!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that it's all over with... Happy (Mainstream) New Year!

outtahere: outtahere: outtahere: outtahere: outtahere: outtahere:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Welcome to the New Decade!

Post by forgotten oceans » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:38 pm

I don't know about ya'll, but I want my jet pack and I want it a decade ago, like we were all promised!!!!! :lol: Brightest blessings to you all, may your new year be filled with joy and laughter!!
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:45 pm

Don't take it the wrong way Kitsune, it's just that this has always been one of my pet peeves ...

but the calendars didn't start with Year Zero, The New Decade is next year.

And as for flying cars and jet packs ... I hope we can first master the vehicles that move in two dimensions before I want some distracted/drunk wouldbe aeronaut dropping on my head. Don't get me wrong, it would lead to a slew of Darwin Awards and act like chlorine for the gene pool, but think of the poor unfortunates that would have to learn that lesson with them.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:28 pm

It may be an annoyance of yours, but society coins it a "decade" from 0-9, not from 1-10. Case in Point, every decade is named for the first year in (the 70's, the 80's, the 90's, new millenium decade), thus, I still feel justified in wishing everyone a new decade now. You can wish everyone a new decade next year! That's one thing I won't mind being celebrated twice! :lol:

And I completely agree, Forgotten Oceans, jet packs are definitely on the list now! :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:23 am

Whatever the decade, people are positive about it ^_^ As I said in the Yule post, turn your eyes to the sunrises. It's going to be a fabulous (mainstream) year. :)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Rowan
Level 3
Level 3
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by Rowan » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:31 am

Kitsune wrote:It may be an annoyance of yours, but society coins it a "decade" from 0-9, not from 1-10. Case in Point, every decade is named for the first year in (the 70's, the 80's, the 90's, new millenium decade), thus, I still feel justified in wishing everyone a new decade now.
My question is... is it "twenty-ten" or "two thousand ten"?
I have lost my way.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:23 pm

I haven't found anyone who knows yet... :lol:

I am personally suggesting the "Millennium Tween" decade, but it doesn't seem to be catching on much yet. :lol:

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:52 pm

Urgh, I've said both recently...though I prefer "two-thousand-ten". After all, it's how the number should be read.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:31 pm

I'm with Kystar, although all I hear is "Twenty-Ten" due to the Olympics. NOT looking forward to them.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:34 am

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:I'm with Kystar, although all I hear is "Twenty-Ten" due to the Olympics. NOT looking forward to them.
WHICH Olympics?

I thought 2012 in London were the next?

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:56 am

2010 Winter Olympics are in my home town (well, the area) in Vancouver/Whistler. Sooo many dollars going to making the towns pretty for the tourists, meanwhile we have entire neighbourhoods of homeless people literally filling the sidewalks, a dying healthcare system, housing that is far out of reach in terms of affordability, and it goes on.
Crazy Healer Lady

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:17 am

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:2010 Winter Olympics are in my home town (well, the area) in Vancouver/Whistler. Sooo many dollars going to making the towns pretty for the tourists, meanwhile we have entire neighbourhoods of homeless people literally filling the sidewalks, a dying healthcare system, housing that is far out of reach in terms of affordability, and it goes on.
Aye. London is finding similar.

The U.K "Government" sold the idea on the fact that it would give so many jobs to local workers.

Not only have the employed no locals, but they have IMPORTED 2,500 UNSKILLED African "workers". HALF of whom have proved to be illegals!

EVEN worse, they are STILL advertising in the likes of Somalia! Shortage of pirate captains there to employ them or something?

REMEMBER! This is in the same DAY that they have made 25,000 British civil engineers and building workers redundant!!!!

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:14 am

Happy 2010 Everyone!

CHL, come hang out in Ontario during the Olympics, I will be avoiding Vancouver like the plague.

BTW, I say it twenty-ten, because we always said nineteen ninety right?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)