A Wonderful Familiar

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Ragnar

Re: A Wonderful Familiar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:32 am

ACH! I LOVE cats!

Great stuff. backoff:

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:33 pm

Gorgeous kitty CHL >:D<
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:31 pm

Thanks guys!

She's growing like a weed. She's had some trouble with her eyes the last two weeks (goopy eyes, plus sneezing and swollen glands, though nothing vet-worthy). I gave her an eyewash last night (just dropping in an infusion of eyebright) and she's doing much better, though I will be repeating it tonight. Her glands are no longer swollen, her eyes are way better, and she's not sneezing. She's just getting used to this "healing" business, too. She's starting to come when the energy starts flowing. She's brought in a lot of spiritual activity into the home, but the wards hold up well. I just need to cleanse a bit more often.

She wasn't reacting to 4th level at first, so I initially thought she couldn't see, which doesn't make sense. Cats are inherantly 4th level beings. They chase 4th level "stuff" constantly (those midnight crazies!) and this is also the main reason they make such fantastic Familiars. Then I saw her watching a big guy that came in, and it clicked. She sees, but she's not bold enough to draw attention to herself or to chase it. I wonder if it's a personality thing, or a kitten thing. Time will tell.

We're finally on a feeding schedule. About a week ago, when we were still developing one, she was very hungry at 3am. Because I'd had some troubles with her eating (I think I had put some canned sardine into previous meals to get her used to the meats? She wasn't eating organs.) as well as get the schedule regular, I decided to wait until 5am when my alarm was set, which we decided was when she'd get breakfast. I had a bag of kitten food out which I got free when we brought her home, as I was going to donate it to the SPCA. The next day I found a little hole and a small handful of food missing. Sure enough, that same day, the litterbox smelled awful.

One thing to mention before I end the shameless kitty ranting, is that I love her voracious hunger-cuddles. Oh my goodness! and it's pure love. Pure, frantic love. While most people spit out dark energy and fill a room with it, my kitty throws around love like she's a carebear or something! Ah, fantastic! Some cat's I've seen will do that in an oral defense (sucking in energy), but she's very aligned. I still haven't pegged her main energy defense, though I'm thinking probably schizoid (leaving body). Like attracts like, and she doesn't show signs of the other ones. Plus, she's extremely long and lean, so she has the physical build of it.

And now I'm rambling. G'night!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:54 pm

You know, when I first got Noche, a shelter kitty, she had the goopy eyes too. I think it's just something that they pick up in the shelter. Hers were so bad that one eye actually sealed shut, so we went and got her looked at by a vet.

I'm looking at options to get my cats on better foods, but my Noche is so blasted picky that I have no real hope of getting her to accept a raw diet. She refuses anything that we would consider "Normal" or "human" food in ANY form. Raw meat bit hits the kitchen floor, Noche looks at it like it's a personal insult. Kali tries (And sometimes succeeds) to snarf it up before I can pick it up. Cooked meat put out for them...ignored. (We offer them small pieces of holiday meals...like the inner meat of the turkey for Thanksgiving.) A piece of my lunchmeat drops, Kali the Alley cat is vacuuming it off the kitchen floor before I can bend over, while Noche acts like it tried to attack her! Then again, Kali's eaten frozen broccoli, so I can only say she'll eat everything that doesn't eat her first!

I've found a few recipes for making wet food out of baby food and brown rice that I might try, see if I can at least get Noche off the canned crap. We're also looking into a few types of more "organic" dry foods, to hopefully get them eating better. Kali has a family history of puking if the food's not exactly right...dry food more than wet. We've found, for now, that mixing kitten chow into the indoor cat formula helps...but I'd like to see if some of the cat foods with less extra will help.

As for spiritual stuff, I don't do much energy working anymore, but both my girls seem to be able to tell me when I need to ward up. Noche cuddles crazy-like when I'm dealing with the inconvenience of Aunt Flow, since apparently that really hashes my moods and energy more than my physical. Kali chases things we can't see...though I've occasionally caught a glimpse of a fairy-like figure, or faint laughter. Noche stalks the house each night, I think testing to make sure it's secure.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:54 am

There are a few links to check out about Noche's pickiness and Kali's vomiting: Cat Nutrition.Org,Feline Nutrition Education Society,and Raw Fed Cats.Org are some of my favourites. I haven't heard of a kitty tummy that wasn't fixed by a steady diet of raw meat.

Ivy's eating the organs now, but she's not eating bones. I've been mixing up a bit of bone meal with her meals to counteract that. :) but my question now is what to do with a bag of chicken feet in my freezer!! lol aside from gross my husband out, that is.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:13 am

Fixing Noche's pickyness isn't going to happen. She's a mature cat who hates change.

And, based on the meat sources around, we can't get organic meat to feed them in our budget. That's why I was looking at other options.

Oh, as for the "Be very still" thing, I think it's a kitten trait. I know that both my girls did that when startled until they were larger.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:14 pm

My shields generally hold well over the house, and spirits don't get in too often. Minkers generally took care of them, but now we've got Jitters, and while he doesn't enjoy energy work much (in fact, he seems to think that I'll hurt myself doing it and he'll watch me like a hawk, even when all I'm doing is Reiki) he apparently comes from a long line of "spirit hunters". And does he ever enjoy chasing them out of the house. It's things in the physical that make him go into "Jitter-y" mode. :lol:

Maybe that's what makes him so Jitter-y... perhaps he spends too much of his time watching the other levels and therefore is confused and often surprised on this one?

Anyways, bedtime for me... I'm too tired to make good sense right now anyway. :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ever.Fox
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Ever.Fox » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:07 am

I once had a cat who I knew had to be my familiar. She had been purchased by my sister who had lived 3 hours away, but then sis moved home, and kitty came with her. A pure black cat with a butchered tail (someone had cut it off before abandoning her, the vet said), and enormous green eyes. Even though sis came home, she would visit that city 3 hours away often, leaving the cat feeling abandoned. Kitty, named Athena, soon buddied up to be completely, ignoring my sister when she would finally come home after her extended visits. For 3 years Athena was my 'shoulder cat'; the moment I came home, she had to be in my arms, or right on my heels. Being ill quite often, she would lay with me when I couldn't get out of bed.

Unfortunately, Athena grew very ill last year. Going from a whomping 13 pounds to 7, my entire savings was spent at the vet's office to see what was wrong with her, why she was puking so much, and why she couldn't eat. After countless tests, the vet told me that he wanted to do exploratory surgery (which I could not afford...and had already expended the assistance of all my relatives to save my baby.) When I asked if we could simply end her suffering, the vet said he could not do that without expending all of his available resources of testing first.

Well, two months later, poor Athena could no longer even drag herself up into my lap without help. On a summer day, I found her laying in the garage, unable to move. It was the worst feeling ever, but I had to put her down myself in my back yard. Buried under an evergreen in the shade, her memory sticks with me forever. My little booger of a cat. I hope she comes back to me again.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:00 pm

Cats, they live such short lives, comparatively, and yet they really give us a detailed experience of life. Happiness, joy, so many lessons, and finally the sadness when it is time for them to leave. I think it is really wonderful that you could be the emotional support for Athena when she needed you, and the other way around. She sounds like she was/is an incredible being :)
Crazy Healer Lady