Child + Ornament...

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Child + Ornament...

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:38 am

...equals a 4 hour stay in the emergency waiting room.

Lesson 1 learned: Teach your kids not to stick their fingers in things.

My niece was decorating glass Christmas tree ornaments at school (including inside with ribbons, etc) when she "accidentally" stuck her finger in. Luckily I was on my day off, because by 1 when I got the call, it was already swelling and warranted a trip to the emergency room. 4 hours of quality emergency waiting room time with three other kids that hurt themselves. It took an hour and a half before she was even seen by the triage nurse.

Lesson 2 learned: Listen to your children when they say something hurts, especially if they have a freaky high pain tolerance like my niece. No wonder it hurt when people tried to spin it and pull it: The darn thing had a needle of glass sticking inwards like a fish hook! That we didn't find out till AFTER the doctor came in and proceeded to pull the thing off while my niece went red in the face and did all she could to not scream. Sure the ordeal lasted only about 10 seconds, but Auntie's chakras tear from leaping out of her body so fast, and the little one is shaking. Luckily, the 4mm deep scrape all along her finger didn't need stitches, we go home and have some rescue remedy together (I'm fine in the moment of things, but after they're over, then I become human again. I'm used to being the one holding strength for emergencies). Then she gets a healing, and I repair my chakras.

So that's how I spent my day off yesterday :p followed by a night of horrible dreams. Just lovely! But it was cute; all the way back to Mommy's she's calling me an Angel, thanking me for helping her. The way to the emergency room, she was calling on everyone to help her: God, Jesus, (influence of my mom), angels, ancestors. In the hospital, she's asking for "healing power" from me, and after the ordeal, "Good thing the gods didn't let me die!" (although the whole time she was saying how maybe if she died, she could come back as a dragon, and she wouldn't have it on her hand anymore!)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Re: Child + Ornament...

Post by Willow » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:13 am

Glad to hear she is OK, Christmas is great for kids but definitely comes with risks, my mom turned her back on my once and I stuck my finger in a Christmas light socket to see what would happen. You can guess the outcome.

She's lucky to have an auntie like you!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)