CHL's Wedding Day

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

CHL's Wedding Day

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:16 am

Over a month after the fact, I have stories and photos!

First, some photos can be found on our wedding site: Direct Link to Photos(or http://www.chrisandjess2009.ca for the whole wedding site)

The ceremony was very pretty, and the weather was fantastic. I cried and cried and cried, and so did Chris. We had a lot of fun, though brought far too many chairs! Kitsune and Grimwell were amazing guests, and helped to keep me hidden from the groom. The ceremony itself was very ritualistic. We wrote our own vows, and the rings were brought in dishes of water (mine) and earth (his). The officiant then passed a bowl of water around for everyone to bless, and we drank from that, and we also did a unity candle. One of these days I will put an edited video on YouTube, and link it here. Very Pagan, but specifically non-religious. The food we made ourselves, and it was completely raw/vegan. My Green Ladies, as you see in the photos, were all barefoot, as I was after the ceremony. That was a cool surprise! They know me so well :) My niece is the little one :) She was so nervous, she forgot to throw the flower petals and sage leaves! So she threw them after the ceremony in a moment of realization. It was so cute! We left that night in the porsche, honking and having fun.

That night we went to Harrison and stayed at a luxury hotel (helps that my sis works there), and had a great time! The next morning we were off early - Chris surprised me with a glider flight! 3000 ft up in the air, I got to fly it myself for a while! His words: "It is a struggle to let you go where I cannot follow, to not be able to protect you. But you need to fly with Red Hawk. I know he will look after you." :-D What a sweetie! Then we started our roadtrip through the Rockies, to the prairies of Alberta, stopping in Drumheller to see the Royal Tyrrell Museum. Back through the rockies, we saw many wild animals. The weather was chasing our tails the entire way! Then we stayed a week at my aunt's hotel in Whistler (we had the entire hotel to ourselves!!!), and spent the week relaxing, hiking, swimming, and ziplining. If ever given the chance, definitely go ziplining! It's amazing! You can go upside-down and spin while many hundreds of feet above beautiful rivers and trees, arms free!

It was an amazing time. And now I'm married and happy and it DOES feel very different. We are so blessed to have such incredible people in our lives. Our friends worked sooooo hard alongside us for days to make our wedding happen.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: CHL's Wedding Day

Post by Kitsune » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:15 pm

It really was the best wedding. CHL and her husband looked so perfect together... The day was gorgeous and just right for temperature.

The Gods were definately in attendance that day. Even the priest was wonderful. This man walked up to Jess before she reached the attendees. CHL was surrounded by her Ladies (or the Faery Court, as I referred to them thereafter) and the first words out of his mouth were, "You look beautiful, dear. Did you know, in the old tradition, The priest was the only man holy enough to speak with a bride and her court before the wedding?"

The ceremony was incredible, and I was glad to see CHL's guides back off far enough for her feet to touch the earth at least once that day. :lol:

It was truly a gorgeous experience, and me and Grimwell were blessed to be there. [-o<
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:16 pm

Those are gorgeous pics and it looks like it was a wonderful ceremony. Sorry it took so long for me to comment.

Lovely dress. Where did you get the fairy/leaf circlet?
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:07 am

Kitsune you're a sweetheart

And Kystar, thank you! I got the circlet from Elnara. It was a gift from my girlfriend, and now will be a ritual headpiece ^_^
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:30 am

Absolutlely beautiful, I said my own little blessing the day of since I couldn't be there.

And if you looked any happier, I might just have to cry!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:54 am

I was just curious about the circlet because it looked a lot like the work the girl who made mine does.

But, I guess when you're drawing from the same sources (Tolkien Elven designs from either the books or the movies...or other faerie sources), that happens!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:21 am

I admired your circlet very much too :-D The dress is beautiful and everyone looks so happy. Ah I love weddings, happy happy!
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:37 am

Congrats!!!! :hug: It's all so pretty!!!!! Many blessings to you both!!! And hundreds of fat babies! :lol:
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:54 am

You look GREAT lass. And the whole place looks just perfect.

Congratulations, even if a touch late.

Clettko
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Clettko » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:45 pm

You make a beautiful bride and you both look glorious happy. I hope you have many, many happy years together!! flyaway:

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:28 pm

I be late to this party here, but congratulations again! You guys looked so very happy! I'm thrilled it all went so well. And the pictures are phenomenal!
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:36 am

:oops: Gee thanks guys :)
Davish, you have a great reason to be late :lol: but I'll wait for you to post on that. flyaway:
Crazy Healer Lady

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:30 pm

I made a video of the wedding today ^___^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IWyEzIa6-U

I'm such a sap. I've watched this like 15 times through already.

[Edit to Add]

The song playing is the song we walked down the aisle to ^__^
Crazy Healer Lady

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:27 pm

Ah Crazy, it was the best day! You and Chris really are a great looking couple and you looked amazing!

As a cute point, you got 2 pictures of there with Grimwell in them and None with me... I'd be hurt if I wasn't so happy for you. :lol:

You made an excellent video too. Congratulations to you Both Again!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:48 pm

Actually, I tried very hard not to get either of you in the video! I know you both are aware of the Facebook copyright thing on photos, and this is uploaded straight to Facebook as well. I didn't want to step on toes. Otherwise, I would have gladly shown off you and your gorgeous corsette! You are, however, in the background when I'm in the red car. I noticed that afterward. I thought, "Hey, there's pretty black and janglies behind me. Wait, it's Kitsune! :D"
Crazy Healer Lady