help please

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
raventears
Level 2
Level 2

help please

Post by raventears » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:46 pm

I tried to kill myself last night.I developed bulimia.Its getting out of control.I cant take it.Please help me :-(
jack skellington is my husband

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Re: help please

Post by forgotten oceans » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:25 pm

This is going to sound bad. You're not going to kill yourself, unless it's an accident. You don't have that kind of discipline. This isn't the first time you've tried and failed and bulimics aren't known for their will power. Your typing suggests you're self centered with little to no self control. Your pronoun I's are capitalized with no space between periods, you think only of you, and you first. Also you don't apostrophe your contractions, you have a hard time making distinctions, separating things, right, wrong, good, bad, black, white, or just don't care, but it usually means you can't see the trees for the forest. This isn't the first time you've asked for help from this board. You want help? Get your self to therapy, I'd recommend group, also try volunteering at a soup kitchen, or a hospital, any where people are really suffering, a shelter maybe. You need to step outside of yourself. I've found that no matter the religion, the Gods help those who help themselves. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Disclaimer: I am in no way a doctor of any sorts, you wanted my advice, that's what I gave. This is only my opinion.

Edited for disclaimer. I've been wrong before. ;)
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:47 pm

Hello Raventears, it's good to see you back.

People who develop eating disorders often do so because they feel like they have little control over other aspects of their lives. Eating is the one thing they feel like they can in be control of and feel more in power, but you know this is wrong and you feel more out of control than ever because you've asked for help.

An inspirational friend of mine was having a tough time recently, so she made a list of the things that made her unhappy - there were four things - and took positive steps to change them. She changed the position in the place she worked, she split up with a partner she loved but wasn't good for her, and moved closer to her parents for their support. The fourth thing she couldn't change but she now feels better able to cope with it. Forgotten Oceans is right as well, when you spend time helping other people, however awful things appear, you often realise you are luckier than you think.

You could do the same as my friend: if there are things you don't like in your life, change them, without drugs, without self harm, and take back control of your life. Tell us how you get on :GHug:
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Hytegia » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:53 am

If you ever feel sorry for yourself, consider the struggle of others.

Hell, I've been homeless for a few days now. I've been sleeping under a bridge and going to school wearing the same jeans and the same shirt and the same jacket for the last 4 days. I've had to sleep with a knife next to my head, and basically lived off of undercooked Ramen and MRE ration packages that are so cheap. And I still don't feel sorry for myself.
:[

If I'm ever down, even as low as I am, I still thank the Gods that I'm born in the Land of the Free. I still have some of my ritual stuff so I still practice my Craft. Rain or Snow. Fire or Brimstone. I am pretty in bad shape, but inside my mind I'm absolutely free... In my Heart, I know that if I lived in Africa, I would be dead. If I was in Russia, I couldn't survive the Russian Winter outside.
I have no room to feel pitiful.

Now, there was an old saying amongst the Cherokee Indians:
"You were born with everything you need to succeed."

It means that you were made to handle anything that comes to you. You were born Ready. Do you think that the Gods would not provide for you? Do you think that there are no others out there like you, or worse off? You're the source of all the help you will ever need. You CAN Succeed and be Happy, no matter what crap you're going through.
I'm living proof.

)O( Blessed Be )O(
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

raventears
Level 2
Level 2

Post by raventears » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:46 pm

Thank you guys. I just let my demons get to me.
jack skellington is my husband

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Hytegia » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:06 am

Food for thought:

In John Milton's Epic Poem, Paradise Lost, it portrays Satan in Hell, having a sililoque to himslef as he sits upon the Throne of Hell. And I see my most inspirational line from him (oh! the Irony!). He says:

"The mind itself is it's own place, and in itself
Can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven."

Which in itself is explanitory. The Mind can do many things - even make a Heaven of Hell, and a Hell of Heaven. It all depend on your outlook! :D
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."