RIP Ted Andrews

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

RIP Ted Andrews

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:52 am

For any who were a fan: Ted Andrews has died on October 24th after a battle with cancer. He passed away due to pneumonia, or so I can find. This man taught countless people to get in touch with Spirit, how to speak with animals, how to read omens and signs, how to better grow and love one another. He will be greatly missed in the Pagan community. I felt a shudder on Oct 24th. Maybe this is why.
Ted’s books on animal magick are some of the best loved in the Wiccan community and are some of the most often used references for animal correspondences and animal magick. Ted wrote on many different subjects including spirit and ancestor work, psychic development, healing, color magick, charm working, shapeshifting and Qabala. Ted wrote well over 30 books and created several oracle decks over the years as well. Ted was so respected for his writing and work with animals that he was invited to speak at the United Nations in New York in 2007.
(http://onewitchsway.com/?p=466)
Ted Andrews is an internationally recognized author, storyteller, teacher and mystic. A leader in the human potential, metaphysical and psychic fields, he has written over 40 books which have been translated into more than two dozen foreign languages. He is featured on many national and local TV and radio programs every year. He has won more Visionary Awards than any other author.

This award winning and best selling author has been involved in the serious study of the esoteric and occult for more than 40 years, and he brings to the field an extensive formal and informal education. He served the public school system for ten years as a teacher and counselor, 7 of which were spent working with disadvantaged students, creating a special needs reading program for which he received both local and state recognition.
http://horizonsmagazine.com/blog/?p=5553

:cry:
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

Re: RIP Ted Andrews

Post by Hytegia » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:38 am

I'm relatively new compared to the rest of you-

But I was a huge Ted fan. His books shaped much of how I viewed the Magickal World and my connection to any animal I came across (which, undoubtedly, amazed and spooked some of my friends :D ).
He will be missed by many...
I know that I will.
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."