Kitsune is Dancing...

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Kitsune is Dancing...

Post by Kitsune » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:26 am

Wanna know why?

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

THERE IS SNOW IN CALGARY!!!

I've got a few pictures that I'll put up when I find my phone cord (I think it's up in my office), but I've got a few friends coming over and literally tons of cleaning to do, so I'll have to offer you guys them later!

I love the snow. I'm so happy that this year we're actually supposed to have what I consider a "regular" Calgary winter, not these warm, snowless things we've been getting lately!

Lots of Snow = Perfect Novelling Weather! :-D :-D :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Re: Kitsune is Dancing...

Post by Willow » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:24 pm

*Shudders*

I really do love southern Ontario. Enjoy your snow, I am still waiting for all the leaves to finish changing. There was a frost in Northern Ontario for a while, I am not ready for winter quite yet.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:23 pm

I'm just a snow baby... That's all.

I suck at dealing with cold weather, but snow and -5 maybe -10 degrees is awesome!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:26 pm

KEEP IT UP THERE! I DO NOT need snow while I'm working an Amusement Park's Halloween event! BLAH! backoff:

Seriously, I'm all for it here, when the time is right. This is NOT the right time!

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

On a serious note, considering the cold, wet summer we had here in Western PA, I'm expecting a NASTY winter. Enjoy your frozen flakes, while I enjoy my slightly chilly weather.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:19 pm

I agree, I like snow but at certain times and with certain conditions.!

I wake up at 5:00am some days, a powder snow before the plows and people hit it is one of the best things ever.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:30 am

Willow wrote: powder snow before the plows and people hit it is one of the best things ever.
I read that entirely wrong at first... :oops:

Ah, keep your snow! I'm happy in my warm, wet rainforest ^_^ Although the October chill has hit, it's cleared the air of the summer smog. The leaves are starting to turn, and the colours are going to be absolutely perfect for Friday :)

We're going up to meet the snow, unfortunately, lol!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:40 pm

Speaking of which, how is the weather out there? Will the wedding still be outside? How is the weather this time of year for open toed shoes and no sleeves for the event?

Can't wait to see you!

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:27 pm

I can't wait to see you, too!!

Weather is great :D Warm, sunny, very cold when the sun leaves, though. We're all sleeveless! We all have open toes! I'd bring a jacket in case, though ;)
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:55 pm

And will I panic anybody if I wear a corset... :roll: :lol:

Wait until you see it... It's awesome! I'll give you a call when we get down there. Oh, can you send me your number as well? I just want to make certain I have the right number.

Librarian

Post by Librarian » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:55 pm

hey send some of that moisture down here to dry southern California! :Luck:
-----
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/weygold
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gweygold
Home: http://www.weygold.com/

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:51 am

The only one you would panic is Chris's grandmother. However, she may not be coming. Originally she had boycotted the entire thing and doomed our marriage because Jesus is not mentioned in our ceremony. We deliberately have made it spiritual but non-religious. She doesn't even know I am Pagan. It's sad, because she is Chris's hero. Then, she heard a booming voice, and she's been instructed to love me more. Well, she's coming the wedding now, assuming she doesn't have a patch over her eye from the cataract surgery.

Her recounting of the past few months is that her body/soul were a warzone, where God and the Devil fought for her soul. She's been depressed and losing physical ability (she's mid-90's). When the "Holy Spirit" touched her last week, she was baking cookies, doing things she hasn't done in months.

I gotta say, that's pretty darn cool that a booming voice instructed a fundamentalist senior to love me more flyaway: Because, you know, we're living in sin right now. And, you know, it's MY fault and all..

So yeah, corsette it up, baby! The weathernetwork calls for 17C.
Crazy Healer Lady

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:50 am

Canada is too big, seriously, I hope it goes awesome and I can't wait to see photos , maybe even a video?

Slightly off topic, has anyone else noticed how much we love to talk about weather on this board? I am not complaining, it is one of my favourite things in the world, but it is pretty darn funny!

Speaking of which, we are on day 15 of rain, california is welcome to it.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:06 am

Really? When I checked on Saturday it said 9C. That is awesome.

Maybe i'll be fine with my outfit as currently imagined then... That's awesome!

I was thinking maybe a long sleeved shirt, but I think I'll just bring my leather jacket, just in case.

It is awesome that she's been told to love you more. Nice to know you have friends in high places, eh? :lol:

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:50 am

Yikes.... Now it says it should be 13C. Oh well... There will be hot tea and cider ^__^

Just look at the weather today. It should be a clear indication of tomorrow. And I DO have friends in high places, and tomorrow was my grandpa's birthday, so I think he and they will all be workin' their magic. :)

Willow, I have noticed, too! I think because we all come from a spirituality that is so centred around nature and the seasons, it kinda comes with the territory :lol:
Crazy Healer Lady

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:47 pm

Just so that everyone knows, Crazy's Wedding had gorgeous weather, and Crazy herself was so beautiful that angels would have wept. She had a great day and her wedding was beautiful. I have no pictures (our camera batteries died after a single picture... not of her unfortunately), but I'm sure she'll post some after she gets back. She and her new husband are currently on their honeymoon, so no astral peeking at the couple for the next couple of days. :lol: