Some people!!

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Ragnar

Some people!!

Post by Ragnar » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:57 am

I found a web site a week or so back, that deals with Detective and police novels from all over the world, but is run from Germany.

SOO, that being my favourite reading matarial at present, I joined.

Found the intro page and said "hello", as is only polite.

Then answered two or three posts, then thought of a question regarding Patricia Cornwells "Scarpetta" novels, and in which order they should be read. (German versions having different titles, so the "normal " list is not much use.)

So, I find what appears to be the only available topic area, which is similar to our "general chat".

Got one answer, saying "Well it is the wrong thread, but here is your answer, and welcome to the site, etc".

No more answers. A day or two later, I try to log in to see what has happened. My name is not reccognised. To refresh membership, you fill in your E-Mail address. "E-Mail address not reccognised."

So, I write to admin. Today I get a post back "Your I.P has been banned for writting posts on the wrong thread"...!!??!!??

How UTTERLY Friendly of them!! :gib: :rock:

Must admit though. I have been on a few Pagan/Heathen sites that were similar.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Re: Some people!!

Post by Willow » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:46 am

Oh, man, this site would be empty if that was the rule here.

Well, you don't want to belong to a site full of people who have nothing better to do then overly enforce arbitrary rules anyway. :-"
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Re: Some people!!

Post by Ragnar » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:41 am

Willow wrote:Oh, man, this site would be empty if that was the rule here.

Well, you don't want to belong to a site full of people who have nothing better to do then overly enforce arbitrary rules anyway. :-"
There is a word, in German that means "Exactly", and that is "EBEN!". It is a bit like the Russian Njet!

NO one sais "NO!" like a Russian. And NO one sais "EXACTLY" like a German.

It is all to do with intonation. :badgrin: