One of those "Approaching full" nights.

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Ragnar

One of those "Approaching full" nights.

Post by Ragnar » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:37 pm

Na. One of those strange nights again.

Got out of the bath last night. Scrubbed and cleaned, with a nale file, my finger nails. Then two hours later went to sleep...or DID I???

I dreamed about being in a forest and "exploring it", but on four legs.

This morning I wake up, and my finger nails look like.... I have been exploring a forest!!!

Must get Lisa to lock the doors and windows in the next few days. One never KNOWS with full moon.

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Re: One of those "Approaching full" nights.

Post by davisherm » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:13 am

Somebody brew up some wolfsbane!
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:57 am

davisherm wrote:Somebody brew up some wolfsbane!
And here is me thinking we were friends!! :roll:

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:24 am

To brew Wolfsbane, take an empty glass and fill 2 halfway with Jack. Fill to 3 quarters with Jose Quervo. Add a thimble of Tabasco. Drink on the eve of the full moon to encourage hair raising escapades.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:49 am

LOL...I think I will never drink wolfsbane.

I have no good excuse, I once dreamed I was exploring the arctic and woke up with super dry chapped lips that were bleeding everywhere.

That does remind me of a song though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmBgxP56R1I

I should edit to add the name and band of the song, some of you can't get youtube to work.

The song is called Furr by Blitzen trapper, and I love any song that incorporates wolf howls, especially on key
Last edited by Willow on Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:50 am

O.K!

I can live with that! :-D

None of this "Virgin blood" though, PLEASE, it is SOO "1800s".

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:52 am

I've not had any wild dreams in a long while. Closest I've come was dreaming that I'd driven my car off a cliff for some reason but it was OK because I had one of those squirrel suits where you extend your arms and legs and get sort of a parachute effect going on. So I was squirrel suiting down to the ground and woke up when my fee hit the floor. I'd managed to roll myself out of bed and stand up. I used to have some crazy ones though. I have them written down somewhere.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:58 am

Wow, now those are effects I wish I could have while dreaming... unfortunately, my dreams where anything happens, I always fly... the only difference I notice is that my hair is even more knotted come morning than usual and my legs feel like I've been using them to kick off all night (in every one of my dreams of flying, its more of a "gargoyle" type of flight(like in the television show kind, I don't know if the "real" ones do it differently)... I can't pick off from the ground, I have to jump at least 25 - 30 ft up before I can catch a breeze strong enough to actually fly).

Waking up with an actual physical effect would be awesome... and strange, I admit that as well. :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:12 am

I used to dream of falling, and I'd wake just as I was hitting bottom, to find myself BOUNCING off my bed. The closest we can figure is I would tense up in preparation for the impact, which would jolt my physical self off the bed. So I'd wake up in the air.

Though, I've woken up after dreams of riding either horses or a nightmare with my hair tangled and my legs sore.

Did wake up once after dreaming of hunting as an owl with dirt under my nails that wasn't there when I went to bed.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:07 am

I once dreamt that a man/monster in my room grabbed my arm and started pulling me off my bed and through my room, only to wake with my arm extended and my body half off the bed. Ugh. Needless to say that was before I put up my wards.

Dreams of healing and working on people halfway across the globe.

As exciting as it sounds, I'm glad I don't wake up with leaves in my hair and strange dirt in my nails ;)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:36 am

Crazy Healer Lady wrote: Dreams of healing and working on people halfway across the globe.
It worked.

Thank you! ;)

Possibly one from many....but....

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:44 pm

I'd say that there are times when the veil is thin and we are able to drift between worlds.

I'm still not sure what to make of this. A lot of it is difficult to swallow.

Ten years ago, while I was away at basic training, a very close friend of mine lost her fiance to a brutal murder by a guy we went to school with named Luke.

I'd been friends with Luke's ex girlfriend back in high school and recalled some of the disturbing things she'd told me about him.

To sum it up: He believed that he was being hunted by some type of demon that would attack him in his sleep. His dreams were horrible and he would often wake up screaming and hurling himself out of bed. He wasn't really in my circle, but his girlfriend was and she came to my teacher asking for help. She created a talisman for him, based around an eagle claw for power and defense. The dreams stopped for a few weeks.

One night, the dreams came back with a vengeance. This is second hand from the girlfriend, but it strikes me as being just off enough that it bears merit.

Luke wasn't sure as to how he got there, but he was in the woods. He knew instinctively that they were not normal woods and he was immediately on his guard. While he was trying to get his bearings and find a way out, he started to hear soft footfalls through the trees. It sounded like there were quite a few people coming his way. He started to run, suddenly intensely afraid of what was in the woods with him. As he ran, he started to catch glimpses of small, green-skinned people - not quite children but that's how he described them to Alice. They had red eyes and very sharp teeth. And they wanted him. Badly. They were catching up. No matter how hard he ran, they were faster. They started throwing themselves on him, grabbing and clawing. One of them grabbed the eagle claw talisman that was hanging from a chain around his neck and ripped it off. Immediately, the little things scattered and something charged at him from the dark. Luke flinched away from it and woke up screaming and grabbing at his back.

According to Alice, the talisman was gone and a bright red spot was at his throat where it looked like it had hit him as it was pulled away. On his back were three fresh cuts, quite deep and still bleeding.

After that night he got mean. I'd honestly always thought he was a bit of a jerk, but I kept my silence. He said and did hurtful things to his close friends and started to hit Alice. She didn't put up with that very long and left him.

It was about a year and a half later when he killed my friend's fiance.

Was he indeed attacked by something that found him when the veil was thin? Did it turn him evil? Or was he always evil and invited this thing to him?

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:45 pm

Was he indeed attacked by something that found him when the veil was thin? Did it turn him evil? Or was he always evil and invited this thing to him?
Chicken or egg?

I see nothing as intrisinctly "evil" or "good". It is your own input that makes them so. I.e there are idiots here that last week voted for the sme, if renamed, party as built the Berlin wall. There were others that got votes (not many) who think Hitler was "greatly missunderstood", and that the concentration camps were "set up", a bit like the "moon landing" conspiracy theorists.

For THEM Hitler and the DDR/Stasi/S.E.D (now "Die Linke" party), were not evil. To me, and any one with half an ounce of commen sense, they were.
Did it turn him evil?
We all have the ability to be or not to be. SOME people/things know how to press the correct button to start it. But even then, it can be resisted.

Interesting tale and worth thinking over.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:17 pm

Also it is possible that his dreams started reflecting other troubles in his life. I wonder if there has ever been any sort of study done on people with mental illnesses or violent tendencies.

It isn't nearly as dramatic but I know that as I have become more confident as a person and dealt with stuff since I was a kid, I now fight back in my dreams. I used to dream about being attacked and helpless all the time, but now I always fight back in my dreams. I feel like I have more control of my dreams and they are reflecting my more confident state. I agree, chicken V. egg.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)