Pondering

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Ragnar

Re: Pondering

Post by Ragnar » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:34 am

Hytegia wrote:The Ritual is only necessary when you need it to be-
:]
I am largely in agreement with you.

Rirual is to remind us WHAT we are doing.

BUT, when we get to a certain level. we KNOW what we are doing.

If not. we start worshiping fridge lights, e.t.c.

"Oh hail the great god of the freezer box.....-"

Na, the "older" members know what I am talking about.

If you concentrate too much on ritual, it becomes a "Compulsive behaviour problem".

Good for "children" but TERRIBLE in an adult.

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:34 pm

Ragnar wrote:"Oh hail the great god of the freezer box.....-"

Na, the "older" members know what I am talking about.
Now that brings back some memories .... :lol:
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:59 pm

HAHA!! I miss that guy, he was a lot of fun. :snakeman:
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:19 pm

Interestingly enough Ragnar, that's almost exactly what I do. But I had never heard of that particular practice. Thanks for adding in links. I'm really going to enjoy reading up more on it.

I started doing it years ago, when I first started working on Cross stitch for others, and it just seemed right. It is nice to hear that it has been done for centuries by a culture that I admire so much.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:32 pm

Kitsune wrote: It is nice to hear that it has been done for centuries by a culture that I admire so much.
Yes. My Grandmothers, and I have always had a particular "soft spot" for the Japanese and Koreans. They are very...somehow PRUSSIAN in their way of life.

An example. We have NO Japanese/Korean translator on our call out books, because in the last 50 years there has only EVER been two Japanese, and NO Koreans, arrested in Germany!

So, when other people say that Germany is "foriegner unfriendly" and that is the reason they can not "integrate, I always point to the Japanese/Koreans as a perfect exmple of how WRONG they are.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:22 pm

From what I understand, that doesn't quite work the other way around... The japanese are nearly xenophobic if you stay longer than a year or two in their country.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:39 pm

Kitsune wrote:From what I understand, that doesn't quite work the other way around... The japanese are nearly xenophobic if you stay longer than a year or two in their country.
To be fair, they only stay about that long here. So at least they are consistant.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:34 am

Once again, I can't argue... there is something to be said for consistency. :lol:

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:07 am

Replying to Arcanum Owl:
Yes, perhaps life issues have got in your way of your spiritual practice (ritual etc), as life tends to distract us like that! Perhaps you need to rediscover your verve for your path, study some books for fun, check out some pagan music, something that can fit in with what you are doing right now. Like Ragnar says, it doesn't have to be a grand ritual, just a nod every now and then to those that watch over us. I, for example, was cleaning my house this morning while listening to a pagan radio station, it made me very cheery for the day :-D
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Rowan
Level 3
Level 3
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by Rowan » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:14 am

I've sat here reading all of the responses and while it is "good?"... "nice?"... to know that I'm not alone in this problem, I still feel ashamed that I am not where I ought to be spiritually. I don't like who I've become... coming up with an excuse of why I don't do things. My life feels like it's in limbo and not going in the direction I would like to and I feel it's because of this. Not that I think I deserve anything good to happen in my life...
I have lost my way.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:05 am

Absolutely you deserve to have good things happen in your life.

And if you don't like who you've become, choose again. Choose to become something better. We're recreating ourselves in each moment. Who you are now is only a sum of past choices. Choose again, and let past be past :) The snake is a fantastic teacher for this sort of thing, and all manners of lizards, for their shedding of skin.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:15 am

Rowan wrote:I've sat here reading all of the responses and while it is "good?"... "nice?"... to know that I'm not alone in this problem, I still feel ashamed that I am not where I ought to be spiritually. I don't like who I've become... coming up with an excuse of why I don't do things. My life feels like it's in limbo and not going in the direction I would like to and I feel it's because of this. Not that I think I deserve anything good to happen in my life...
Hmm.... It seems like less of a Spiritual problem than it is a Human Problem.

Being Mortal dawns upon us some pretty peculiar habita among the Physical and Spiritual - the main one being that, for some reason, we loose intrest and have mentally-imposed crisi (plural for "Crisis", I do believe) that comes from being Human.
If you want my truest of true advice, and the greatest I have ever conjectured for any friend I have ever had:

Close your Eyes - Follow Your Heart - Harm None

Your Heart will never fail you, and this is the basis of what I believe. No matter what you do, if you just do that, then you should be okay. I've had my harder times, and I just followed that advice. Sometimes I lock myself in my room and only think of that (in one extreme case, I basically scribbled "Follow Your Heart" down for an hour on a single page), and near the end it becomes alright...
I know that my Heart never fails me. :]

Blessed Be, Rowan.
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

Rowan
Level 3
Level 3
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by Rowan » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:06 am

Yeah that's where my problem is, Hytegia. I those same words you typed to another on this thread and I just thought, "I wish I could." I think my head is having a difficult go of things in that regard. I want to believe that what is in my heart is right, but I see failure after failure in myself and wonder how I can believe and follow my heart.
I have lost my way.

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:09 pm

Failure is a fabrication of the Mind and an action of the body...

Your Heart is not made to fail you. It IS your innermost desires. It's your Spirit. It is the God and Goddess thriving within all of us to find our Destiny, and then find happiness. It is the wind on your back, and the sun shining on your face. It is the Promethean of Life, and is what will live on long after the shedding of your body to return to Summerland. It has done this many times fold, and thrives upon the very knowledge that you will follow it.
:]
It's a GPS for Life, Life after Life, and onward and upward into the Heavens.

Now, contemplate this and Meditate upon yourself.......

Follow your Heart, it'll never steer you wrong.

If you fail?
*Censory* that moping around. You just stand back up. Unless you die, you'll always stand up more times than you fall - so just get on your feet and Carry on.
:D
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:10 pm

Hytegia, that is the nicest way I have ever heard anyone say 'suck it up and keep going'. You're a good person. =D>
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me