Kitsune's got the pagan bling!

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Kitsune's got the pagan bling!

Post by Kitsune » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Or something like that anyway! :roll: :lol: :roll:

One of the things I've really wanted for a while now was a permanent circle area for rituals. Now that we have a home with a backyard I finally get to do it. Me and Grimwell bought some concrete slabs, and are going to make a permanent ritual circle area in our backyard! When we're finished (or mostly finished) I'll post some pictures. I say mostly finished, because we think that in addition to the stones, that we may also want a center piece... but we're going to wait until we figure out exactly what we want.

I am thinking about starting my own vlog on youtube, so I might showcase it on there. Crazy, I have been working at making a first video, but I keep messing up... I'm not as confident as you I guess. I've taken about 10 clips, but I don't have an editor, so I'm trying to get a single take I like before I put it up.

I'll let you guys know when I do get some stuff up. In the meantime, while I'm planning out shows and things I want to talk about, what would you guys like to see a show on? (Even if you don't actually watch youtube, the ideas would be nice) I'm not promising to post about everything you guys suggest, but some ideas would be nice. Right now, I'm planning a show to play show and tell with my altar, hopefully to help out new pagans to what sort of things might go well on one, and a show about setting up my ritual circle outside, as well as a daily show studying the moon's energy (starting on the night of the new moon) although I probably won't post the moon ones until I have a few weeks worth so that I can make sure that I'm making sense...
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Kitsune's got the pagan bling!

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:00 pm

Windows Movie Maker is a quick little program I use. I find it better than Adobe Premier. It bugs up sometimes, though.

I can't wait to see your videos!! I have NEVER done a video in a single take, though!!! Good on you :) The best advice I can offer is "Just do it!" Don't be self-conscious :)

As for ideas, how about the directions, the different avenues of Paganism, and protection?
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:00 am

Hey that permanent circle sounds so good! That's the beauty of having your own place, you can truly make it your own. I don't have suggestions at the moment about the posting on youtube, but I will watch :-)
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:40 pm

Consider me subscribed already! Not to mention a little jealous.

I'm hoping to do something very similar on our new property - my wife has a nice little Zen room that she's put together for her meditation and such and is willing to let me share space so I have someplace to put up my altar, but what I'm longing for is a place out in the woods - perhaps even a little Nemed - but that may be a little TOO ambitious!

As for your vlog, you could probably plan four major updates around the changing of the seasons and discuss the different energies or maybe discuss the holidays - according to your own or perhaps many different traditions.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:03 am

You know, I hadn't even considered seasonal/holy day videos, and that's definitely going on my list.

I plan to explain about my tradition as well, since it is eclectic and fluid, but it stabilizes a bit more each year. I also plan to defend why an eclectic tradition suits me best. :lol:

Oh, and I've found out that Grimwell actually has a movie editor on his computer, which means I'll probably be making the videos on my computer (I'll start with using it's video camera, even though it's only a 1.3 mp, at least until I can afford to buy a better camera), transferring them to my hubby's computer, fixing them, and then transferring them back onto my computer for posting. I have a busy day today, but my night should be mostly working on the videos, and doing some extra searching for information (anybody happen to know which stones and gems match which sabbats and which directions by the way :-" ;) ). I do promise I'll let you all know when I start posting definitely in the next week. If you want to find me on YouTube prior to that, I'm on as FeytouchedOracle... It seemed like a good descriptor for me, since Kitsune was already taken, and Kitsune_the_Feytouched seemed too long to use. :lol:

My page on there is pretty sparse right now, but I will start posting more about myself and a few of my favourites in the next few days while I work on videos.

And yes, I have been waiting a long time for really nice circle... I can't wait to get started on it. We have a bit of preparation to do before we start though. Mainly the mapping out of the area, getting a good compass to figure out the exact placement of the stones, and we want to get some semi-precious stones to put beneath the slabs that will tie the energy of each direction to it's sabbat.

Oh, and does anybody know a nice way to get rid of weeds without using harsh chemicals. Now that we've looked at our backyard, it looks as though more of it is weeds than actual grass! I'm looking for a way to drive back the weeds without killing the entire lawn in the process. We know we'll need to get some grass seed for next year to cover the holes, but in the meantime, we'd like to do something to start the weeds on their way...
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:40 pm

Kitsune wrote:(anybody happen to know which stones and gems match which sabbats and which directions by the way :-" ;) ).
Leave it with me and I'll hunt it up for you hehe :-D
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:29 pm

Sorry guys, just an update. I got a bit sick last week, and haven't had a moment to start filming yet. (vaguely come down with some sort of nasuea that's going around town, and I had an asthma attack that ended me in the hospital... growl... man, when I'm feeling better, I swear, the next bug that hits me is going to get it's ass kicked.)

Anyways, just wanted to let you know that I will be doing it... I just probably won't get to it until later this week.

Sorry for the delay!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:46 pm

Yikes, girl! Hospital trips are not good. Glad you're ok and feeling better.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:44 am

That's no good at all honey!! Hope you are feeling much better!

As it is, I've been meaning to go through my books for you about the crystals and sabbats etc etc ... I know I have it somewhere lol ... However ... I have had to half pack up my apartment for the next few days as my pain in the rear landlord has decided that two days notice is plenty to let us know all the carpet is being replaced. So, all my books are currently residing in my garage until later this week. I will definitely look it up for you when I get my books back in the house where they belong!! Truth be told ... I'm curious on it as well lol Never really stopped and thought about it. :-k
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:49 am

I'm sorry to hear you were sick.

I've got Elemental Associations, Planetary Association, and Astrological Birthstones, if that helps. (Cunningham's Crystals, Gem and Metal Magic)

Let me know if those associations are useful. I can even go through the pages on Metals, too.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:53 am

I hope you're feeling better.
Oh, and does anybody know a nice way to get rid of weeds without using harsh chemicals.
Annoyingly, you may have to pull up each weed, making sure you get as much of the root out as possible. It takes time but it's effective.
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:19 am

I know some weeds are killed by vinegar, but that can hurt the grass too.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:16 pm

Thanks everybody. As hospital trips go, it almost wasn't worth the effort of mentioning it. It was a low asthma attack, which meant that I could still breath and sleep... It just hung on for dear life and refused to let go when they normally drop after a puff or two of the inhaler.

I hadn't really thought to look up those crystal associations either before... and I only have one book of stones, which makes looking it up a bit harder. Don't worry about it taking a bit of extra time, White Harmony. I understand completely about annoying landlords that way.

Kystar, if you have the time, I'll love to see what Knowledge Cunningham had on stones. I'd actually only had the chance to read two of his books, but I know that many people respect his opinion.

The problem with ripping up weeds individually at this point is that quite literally, it would be easier to pull up the entire yard instead of trying to grab single plants. When I say the yard is more weed than grass, I'm not taking figuratively. Thanks for looking though. If it is that bad, I'll let you guys know. We almost certainly won't be doing anything until next year spring regardless. Other than setting up the circle. After all, I don't think the Gods will care if the weeds are just grass or if they're grass and dandelions.

We did look at our yard, and we think that for the garden idea, we're going to build an herb box for it. There's only one place we can really put the box, and since we want herbs to start, a box where they have less chance of running wild is probably a better idea.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:26 pm

They say the best way to kill weeds with Vinegar is to load a spray bottle, spray the whole plant for three days in a row, and viola, dead weed.

Though, I don't believe the Divine care if the grounds are weeds or grass, as they created both! The Condo or Homeowner's Association, however, will gripe. Lucky for us, there isn't anything like that here, so no one is after us b/c the holly bush in front of the house is wild...or that the side is dirt right now b/c we had the pipes dug up.

Frankly, the only thing I like of Cunningham's is his Encyclopedias, and that's only here and there...b/c frankly, some of his information in the herb and incense books is archaic to the maximum!

Anyways...I'll grab the information and hit you with a PM.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:43 pm

Thanks for that, Kystar.

In this case it's not our condo board or fellow homeowners who are gripping... I just prefer to have at least more grass than pure weeks as my lawn.

I'll have to try the vinegar solution... Hopefully it'll work. If it does, there's a chance that the lawn might grow itself back, with not as many dirt holes in it. :lol: