Kitsune's got the new bling!

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Kitsune's got the new bling!

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:02 pm

So, I finally decided that I had enough of the linux limpus lite... and even Grimwell agreed. Although, I think the final straw was when I told Joe that I was using MPlayer to listen to music on my system. He asked when I'd gotten that program installed. I told him (quite truthfully), that I didn't know. It simply appeared one day after my media player broke. :lol:

So, I have a new netbook! Its an Asus eee 900 series netbook, black, with Windows OS (Thank the Gods). I've only had it for about a day, but I'm cautiously optimistic about it, thus far!

For a Lark, Grimwell decided to use my new recovery disk on the old Acer... and it worked! So, now we have Windows on both! :roll: :lol: Fortunately, our really old one (6 years or something like that) just had the cord die again, so I gave Grimwell my old Acer since he needs one for work. 8-)
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Kitsune's got the new bling!

Post by Max » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:15 am

Yey! New shiny things! Exciting :-)
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:53 am

Awesomeness! Congrats, Kitsune!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:41 pm

Thanks... It's a multi-tasking nightmare (which means I have to attempt to stay focused using it :-( :lol: ) but it's really nice!

I even have Skype on it, although I haven't actually installed it yet.

It also has a working camera and mic (I finally got the acer mic to work 2 days before I replaced the system... it was a case of too little, too late), so I might be adding my own little vlog up on YouTube as well. I have no idea what I'll talk about yet though... I'll have to see how it goes. ;)
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews