Pictures update!

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Pictures update!

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:59 pm

Alrighty, I decided I had to partially wait for pictures, since we went out Monday night and got all of the pieces to set up my shelves! Thus, I will take pictures of the house and my finished alter tomorrow. Pictures will be up no later than Thursday, I promise. They will most likely be up on Wednesday!

I can't wait to show all of you guys! :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Pictures update!

Post by white_harmony » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:10 pm

Yay Yay Yay! Piccies!! Can't wait to see em!! \:D/
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:43 am

Is there now a bookshelf supply shortage in Calgary? :-D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:24 pm

I didn't mention it on here, but me and Grimwell got into a car accident... Idiot woman said she 'didn't see the red light" and is still somewhat adamant about not seeing it (We've got witnesses, so we should be solid though). We didn't want to spend any money until we found out if the car was covered or not. Still haven't heard from her insurance company in a direct "yes or no" sort of way yet. but since the accident happened the last time we went to pick them up, we decided to let it stand for a while. :-D

I do have pictures now, since my office is almost unpacked now... I just need to get the pics off the camera and onto something so that I can post them here.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:27 pm

I promised and here they are...

So these two are pictures of our gaming room! :-D Most people would have a front room... We decided we'd make better use of the room this way.

This is how it looks from our back door!, Now, I'll move onto the good stuff.

Now, this was my office not more than 3 days ago... and it was the major reason I hadn't posted pics before now!
Below, you'll see how it looks now, with most of it done and just a bit more cleaning and organizing needed.

A huge difference, no?

Here is the necklace I told you all about!

This is, of course, my singing bowl.

Here are a few close up pics of the entire altar.

And last but not least, a scrying mirror that I made myself... What do you think?

Oh, let me know if the pics are too small to see... I originally set them too big, and had to resize them. :-D

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:55 pm

BEAUTIFUL! Thank you so much for posting!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:01 am

Thanks Kitsune. Your house is great! I love that you have a gaming room :-)
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:30 am

thanks for posting, I love the view from your back deck. And the gaming room, that is awesome.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:24 am

The gaming room sees a lot of use since it's also a very convenient dining room sort of area. We down there about half the time, the other half we eat up in our tv room (in actuality the Master bedroom... we looked at it and thought, hmm, nothing we do in our bedroom requires that much space... the master bedroom is better put to this use, and we took the other small bedroom). It's so great, it really feels like home now!

The only room we don't have anything figured out for is our fully finished basement, which we're using to keep all of our camping equipment, large boxes that we can't throw away, and other assorted "knick knack" items that for whatever reason aren't often in use. We're only using a corner of the room though, so we're thinking that we might make it an exercise room, since a friend of ours is going to give us an old weight set of theirs.

It's all turning out so well though! I'm so pleased.

The only real change that we need to do is the front door. The door and the doorway have shifted so we have a huge draft problem with it (we can see the light shining through the gaps when it's closed). The only thing is that we actually can't change it, the condo company has to. On the other hand, they have promised to have it done before Winter hits (so before October, almost certainly) and they're even open to the idea of using the materials we want if we are willing to pay extra it. We are, so I can't wait for that to get done.