Okay, so I went a bit overboard...

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Okay, so I went a bit overboard...

Post by Kitsune » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:08 pm

Me and Grimwell ran down to a new Pagan store in town called Divine Mine. While the website left something to be desired, the store itself was pretty cool. And yes, I came home with new toys... :oops: ](*,)

I will post some pictures later (right now my phone is 100% dead), but I came home with a new necklace, and a singing bowl, that should also work reasonably well for Scrying as well.

The necklace is a simple quartz sphere, (with ton's of imperfections that make it great for "on the go divination") inside a silver cage (4 wires wrapping themselves lovingly around said crystal horizontally). It is gorgeous!

My singing bowl cost me a cool $70, but was worth it. It small enough to fit comfortably in the palm of my hand, and the sound that comes up from it is divine. I believe it's made out of copper, and has a beautiful spiral decorating the inside bottom of the bowl.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Okay, so I went a bit overboard...

Post by Hytegia » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:51 pm

I'm SO JEALOUS, Kits!
:D
Can't wait to see some pictures!
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:19 pm

Ah, I love singing bowls!!!

Can't wait to see the pictures :)

I went "overboard" myself recently. There was a traincrash at my worksite (which Chris predicted months ago :P) and I had to take the long way home. I stopped off at my favourite metaphysical places (and to see a friend to get some wicked Sorbetto) and came home with a new HUGE rainstick, a huge selenite sphere, wood (which I have just painted for a pentacle disc), and a dragon figurine :oops:
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:45 am

That's so unfair! I want a cool pagan shop nearby!

Awesome finds though.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:32 am

They also have workshops every once in a while. I think that I'm gonna try to go to the one on Toning Practices. Although I don't think I'll ever do it well (being Tone-Deaf sucks :cry: ) I would like to learn more of the practice!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:53 pm

I agree Davish. We have to really shop all around the place to find things when we need them. And we live in a major city here!

With practice, I'm sure you'll pick it up Kitsune! Might just feel like it's taking forever to get the hang of it sometimes is all.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:16 pm

Davish, White_Harmony, ever thought of being the ones to offer such a service?

I would love - LOVE - to offer such a service where I live. However, each of the cities around me have one shoppe, and every one has been run out of the city I live in, despite the unusually high number of pole dancers and alternative thinkers. People in this town aren't ready yet to support something like that.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:32 pm

That's too bad. I'd love to open such a shop, but traditionally they don't do well here. And the ones that have been around the longest generally might be run by pagans, but the clerks don't have a clue what they're selling. It's weird, but I can't argue that it seems to work.