Tarot Readings...

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Tarot Readings...

Post by Kitsune » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:56 pm

And I feel great!

I had three girls from work over, because they wanted to have their cards read, and (although I sound arrogant saying it), I'm damn good at reading them.

Thus they hired my services for the night, I performed the readings in my own home, and everything went swimmingly.

It was the sort of night when everything that you say is a reading is helpful, and clarifies everything. The girls were rather shocked to have me peg their personalities so completely, simply by looking at a card!

They've all had their cards read before, but just from "business" tarot people who tell you "In two weeks you will meet a tall Germanic boy with blonde hair. He will marry you 6 months later" sort of stuff.

They really seemed impressed and astounded by my accuracy, and by the fact that I don't tell them what's going to happen to them, I tell them how to heal themselves so that they can continue to grow and live and be happy.

Anyways, the readings all went wonderfully, They had a brilliant time, I had a great time, and I got to exercise that little used skill of Divination for good. It wasn't rusty, but what I was seeing was most of the time clear and concise (although I did have one moment where I didn't articulate what I wanted to say properly, and had to restate what I meant).

And that's all this post was for... Just to let you all know how darned excited I was about having 3 clients over over for a reading! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ doiknow: doiknow: doiknow: outtahere:
Last edited by Kitsune on Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Re: Tarot Readings...

Post by Kitsune » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:12 pm

Oh, one slight edit to my post above... In addition to feeling so wonderfully satisfied, I just started crashing...

Even after doing it professionlly, I tend to forget how tiring it can be to do three readings in quick succession. God do I love doing it, even if some of my customers are frustrating as hell!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Hytegia » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:53 pm

I considered, once moving out, to have a bussiness listing as "Wizard" in the Yellow Pages to make money on the side of whatever job I'm doing. :P
Tarot Readings and the like? I'm not a pro, but I'm no amatuer at the entire Divination thing. Throwing Bones (bird bones are my faves), EI CHING, Tarot, Palmistry... Even made a method involving Dice. And, let's not forget PreCognative memories (won't actually try unless asked :/) and other things.

Oh, that Joy you're feeling is because you just did more than something you love-
You made a few bucks off of it!

It's the difference between the CEO and the CEO who gets down on the deck and works with the workers... The first is because they have to, and get money. The second is that they GET to, and make money.
Money aside, it's still the difference between GET TO and HAVE TO. You just GOT TO show your friends your abilities with a deck and flaunt your beliefs. :D It's that metaphorical cheerleader shaking her *** and saying "GO TEAM!" again, and that's why you're enjoying it!
Blessed Be and I'm happy for ya!
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:31 pm

I don't really think the money had anything to do with it. While it's nice to be recognized, what really gave me joy was seeing their faces as they were told by me, who honestly doesn't even hang out with girls at work (considering that I still have trouble with some of their names, after being there a year), exactly what they were facing and how they would handle it, left to their own devices.

It's the help I bring, much less than the money I make. After all, I've done tarot reading professionally for a while... and this is very obviously a side job for me, since I only do it a few times a year.

Really, for me, I only charge for one reason. I've learned that people nowadays don't appreciate gifts freely given... after all, if you were any good you'd be getting paid for it, right? :roll: I know that my gifts are worth their while :-D ... all I'm doing is making sure that they don't take me or my advice lightly.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:11 am

Such an important note. I am glad that it is taught in most Reiki classes. "It's your choice to charge, but this was Usui's experience..." And boy did I learn it, too. Honestly, the quality of healing or reading can be so much better if you have paid for it and paid what you feel it is worth, because a) you don't feel guilty, and b) maybe you have this little voice in the back of your mind: "I'm not going to be able to afford another one for a month. Let's make this count!"

Isn't it wonderful to be able to practice what it is you are good at? And to see another life affected for the good? It's like a bubble rising in your chest, above your heart ^_^
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:50 am

It really is Crazy.

I fully believed that Maxim before, but my Reiki teaching really did send that message home again. Which is why there is such a great divide on the issue of Charging/Not Charging. I find that each practictioner finds their own way to make their clients feel confident in the reading. For me, I'll do very quick readings (usually a single card, or perhaps a three card spread) or a few minutes of Reiki without charging, but if you want the full deal, They have to pay.

I find it also separates "Kitsune the Friend or co-worker" from "Kitsune of Foresight Reiki" to them. They know that when I'm reading or healing for a charge, it's serious. It's the difference between meeting someone for lunch, and meeting them at Work.