Wish us Luck!

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Wish us Luck!

Post by Kitsune » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:58 am

Me and Grimwell are moving into our new place on Monday! I can't wait to finally be in the new place!

Our moving company is coming tomorrow morning at 9 am. After the move we'll probally have to come back here for a final cleaning, and then the walk-through on Tuesday... And then we're finished, and we'll be completely in the new house.

I'm going to have my own writing room! I'll take a picture after I get it all set up so that you guys can see it. Oh, and I'm thinking that I'm going to make a circle in our backyard for rituals... Using stone tiles! Once again, if I get that up and running I'll let you know with a picture!

I do have some mild bad news though... We're moving on Monday, but our internet won't be reconnected until Thursday... so I'll be incommunicado till then after tonight. :-( Ah well, that should give me time to rearrange, unpack, and do our room upgrades (Black wooden shelves in my Writing Room! An actual weapons wall in our Gaming Room!). I'll miss checking on here for new comments and such though. :hug:

Ah, I guess one final bit of news... Especially directed towards Crazy, Max, Arcanum,Hygeltia and Malhala (and anyone else who was thinking of joining my writing site and hasn't gotten around to it yet). I'm in Week 6 of Worldbuilding right now, If you still want to jump in... It won't take any time for you guys to catch up (maybe two hours, at the most... probably only an hour and a half total) and we'd love to have you. Also, I want to see you guys back over there. I'm going to be offering a contest (with actual prizes) on my forum in August or September. Something to do with just a fun fanfic or short story, but keep an eye out for it! I want to see you guys there and taking part (and you'll all hurt my feelings if I shell out cash for prizes and not one of you shows up :-" :-({|= :lol: )!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Wish us Luck!

Post by Max » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:48 am

Good luck with the house moving! Enjoy having your own place where you can do exactly as you wish! The writing room sounds brilliant. Have fun have fun have fun
:hug:
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:13 pm

Hope all goes well with the move hun!

Look forward to seeing pics!! :hug:
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post by Mahala » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:35 pm

Have fun! About that world creation... :oops: I procrastinate. I'm beating myself for it now, but I'll catch up. I get summertime writer's block like tar in my gears.

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Hytegia » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:49 am

I DON'T get writer's block... But I fear my work being on the internet and then some ToS bulls**t that will take it away from me, or someone will see it and publish it as their own anyways. :((

BUT GOOD LUCK WITH YA HOUSE! It sounds absolutely wonderful! :)
:hug:
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:25 pm

Good luck in moving my dear!!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:12 pm

good luck... I'll be doin the same next Mon/Tues ;)
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:04 am

Hey guys... apparently Rogers is about as useful as usual... The old owners internet is still up and running so we're stealing off that until we get our "real" internet back. :-D I figure if they're going to leave it turned on until they get around to it, I may as well use it.

The move went well... a bit more expensive than we wanted (just over $500), but at least we got it all moved by just after noon. When we moved into that apartment it took a full 1-ton vehicle... when we moved out they brought 3 guys and a 5-ton, instead of 2 guys and a 3-ton like we asked for. Apparently this was a good thing, because with the addition of our kingsize bed, 3 bookshelves (and of course books galore to fill those bookshelves) and a new desk and 2 new dressers we filled up that 5-ton to the brim.

We haven't finished unpacking yet, but so far the house looks like it'll look comfortable rather than empty... Which is great! We're updating a few things on the house (apparently the locks the other guys had were so bad that my husband could not live with them). Mainly the door locks, and eventually the kitchen drawers (the fronts could use some work, but the rest of the work is top quality). The big expensive fix that we're seeing is our front door. The thing doesn't seal at all, which makes me unhappy about what will happen come wintertime if we don't fix it. So we're going to be looking into getting the entire door and frame replaced before October at least. My husband thinks this winter will be a long, cold one, so we definitely want it done before winter starts.

And Malhala, that's why I was suggesting you get onto the site... Having other people help you out will help your flagging summer writing spirits! At the very least you can ask questions on what we do have posted, and thereby get ideas of your own off that. Also, if you have a work in progress, you don't have to worry about writers block... you already know what the world is like, you're just solidifying it for your own use later... even if it takes place in our modern world, in your home town, you want to write it as if the person reading your book will never have been there... writing it down is even more important in this case so that you can think about things somewhat objectively!

Hygelia, I can understand your reluctance, but the site does have a bit of a safeguard on it... Mainly in that if you try to access the site as a guest you can't see in any of the sections. I deliberately made it so that only people who have actually joined the site can see your work. Perhaps not the incredible safeguards you're used it (until I get the server it is a public forum after all...) but definitely a reasonable one...
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:16 pm

I'm glad things went well for y'all... I'll be leavin on the same trip myself on Monday... hopefully it goes as smooth for me. Hope you love the new house, cher :hug:
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:32 am

I do, Rune... The new house is wonderful!

You have a good move as well! I know you'll be much happier after you get there! How large a truck are you renting?

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Mahala » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:44 pm

Good to hear that the new house is comfy. We have new neighbors at my house! I hope they're less snotty and nosy than the last lady, but who knows. They moved out the ugly trailer that was on the lot too, but they don't know when they're moving another on to live in. (I live in a trailer, big shock? We own the lot and the trailer, and it's fenced, so it's not a trailer park! Had to say that.... :lol: :roll: )

O_O I looked over at the amount of worldbuilding I've yet to do... I may just go with pen and notebook, since I've been staying up all night while sick. (Don't worry, I sleep all day. I'm normally on the nocturnal schedule.) It all looks to exciting too... I guess my brain needed a couple stiff prods to realize it still worked. :-D

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:25 am

Nothing wong with trailers :) or trailer parks. It's just another home. Better than the cookie-cutter blocks of identical houses side-by-side, don't you think? A home is a home, and what kind of a home is no basis on which to judge people. :)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:49 am

Hey, trailers can be just as large as houses, and cost a heck of a lot less. I say it's who lives there, as just opposed to where you live.

And don't worry, it seems like a ton of worldbuilding, but it's really not so bad. I may have spent 20 minutes a week on each of these (excluding the last two... no paper yet to do a map and unpacking has taken over my life for the next few days :lol: ). Don't worry about catching up all in one gallop. The point is to get you thinking and writing, and so long as it's doing those two points, it's served it's purpose.

I can't wait to see your worldbuilding stuff... It's great to see what everybody's coming up with!

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:00 pm

It's people that make a House a Home.
:)
Same goes for trailers, apartments, tents, and even Boxes!

Well, I hope your house is great, Kits. If I'm ever in the area, I'll be sure to drop by sometime! :D
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Mahala » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:53 pm

Yeah, I'm still feeling the ickofmykidney infection. (Six days left of antibiotics to go!) I have a couple clean notebooks around, just have to find them. I'll get to reading the projects first though.

About my house... I've lived here for all of my life. (Probably why I'm not scared of dark, small spaces, or spiders.) I just get,for lack of better words, very annoyed when people insist that because it's a trailer, this is a trailer park. It's been the best home I've had, crazy cooky family n' all.

Just curious, how much stuff did you move with? When mom and dad and I moved to Cali for three months, nine boxes seemed to be a TON of stuff when we had to repack it.