I am Pagan- And I'm Proud! - Another Video

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

I am Pagan- And I'm Proud! - Another Video

Post by Hytegia » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:38 pm

"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

Crazy Healer Lady

Re: I am Pagan- And I'm Proud! - Another Video

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:16 pm

Beautiful!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:08 pm

I know... I wish I could sing it from the rooftops. :(
Nor any drop to drink."

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:00 am

Have you heard of a movie called "The Secret," Hytegia? Or of Abraham as channelled by Esther Hicks? Or anything about The Law of Attraction?

It just sort of came to me reading your response. It is a beautiful song, and yet immediately you go back to the sadness of not being able to express yourself. It seems to make you switch between two different defence types, which are not conductive to spiritual growth.

For the next few weeks, try something for me. The moments you get to read a book, come to the Library, speak with friends, practice your arts, talk with the Divine, cherish it. Focus on how good it feels. Do not pay any attention to the fact that others will act against you for it if they found out. Just bring into your awareness the times you CAN be yourself.

I am pretty sure you will find over the course of weeks and monthe that the time you have to do these things will greatly increase, as well as persecution decrease.

If it is that important to you to be yourself and practice without constant obstacle, it is worth this test in mental/spiritual/energetic discipline, no?
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post by Mahala » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:15 am

I think Pagans are generally a more quiet, respectful religious group, because when you meet them, they don't display their worship like a pet monkey. They don't shove it down others throats or even tell others about it unless others ask first. It's not something we take lightly. The reason behind Pagan humility is this: We practice in secret, we study in secret. We don't proselytize, we don't preach, and if we do, we preach what we practice. Being proud yet humble of your religion is a very important thing, which fundies miss altogether.

I'm in the closet, and as CHL has suggested, I treasure every special moment as deeply as I do every spiritual experience, because in this life I have chosen a hard path, but my humility is rewarded graciously by the Divine. I wouldn't trade that for the world, even if it is burdensome at times, because being in the closet has taught me to treasure everything and take nothing for granted.

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:24 am

Thanks Healer.

I DO cherish the time I spend with you guys, and cherish what I do. I draw the Spirits every night by putting on headphones and doing my Solitary things.
The happiest moment in my Life was when I (in my unfamiliar youth) lit those candles and prayed to the Goddess. I begged for a sign, and the Candles blew out then.
The Happiest moment of my Life was when I was talking to another Pagan and I first called myself "Wizard." I felt the word hang on my tounge like Honey.

I Love You All. :)
Nor any drop to drink."