The Persecution - A Movie

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

The Persecution - A Movie

Post by Hytegia » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:08 am

I'm making a Movie for YouTube addressing the Persecution of Pagans in Modern Times.

Anyone got any ideas?

All I have right now is me in diferent settings with a voice-over and my face obscured by a hood. I've made it to point out the fact that I don't even feel comfortable to reveal myself on Camera, and that there are many more like me that must Hide their Faith for fear of Persecution. I address the fact that I can't show my faith ANYWHERE. I show that I must practice at Night, by the Moonlight, and leave by Window to my Circle to Simply celebrate.
If anyone has anymore ideas I should address, let me know so I can add onto it abit more!
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Re: The Persecution - A Movie

Post by davisherm » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:02 am

You can always use still photos with text or voice-over to great effect. You might want to consider looking for source material that's in the public domain and thus free for you to use. Something akin to this style, but obviously with images that you have the right to use, and with music that you have the right to use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RntnpYTf ... L&index=27
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:15 pm

I have a partin there where I'm playing the piano of my own Accord.
:)
Anyways, good ideas. But we all know that Pagans were persecuted in the past! I COULD show simmilarities, though. Could find some pics of Practicing Pagans to make it work.
Nor any drop to drink."

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post by Mahala » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:08 pm

if I had a better camera, I'd help produce shots for you because there are some really pretty empty lots around here. Right now, all I have is a camera phone, I can't remember what type the camera in it is though. I am a member at DeviantArt, I could go there and search for stock art to use, I just have to ask the other artist for use is all.

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:00 pm

That would be great.
I would love a representation of a Wizard with a Spirit helping him. :P Or a showing of one person among many spirits.
Nor any drop to drink."

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:39 pm

I wish I could help you... personally though, I've never met with any real persecution... The closest I've come is a woman I worked with finding out I was pagan (hard for her to miss since I was loudly claiming how insulted I was at how we were represented in the dictionary... once again, thanks to Crazy for that. I'm still thinking of ways to insist that be changed) and her response was "But... You do believe in and Follow God, right?"

Poor girl never quite seemed to understand how I could be a nice person, a Good person, if I didn't believe in God. :lol:

Oh, and I suppose my Mother-In-Law asking if we were going to be sacrificing babies at our handfasting could be counted as a form of persecution... Personally I considered it more hilarious than persecuting. :roll: :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post by Mahala » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:43 am

I'll go search for them, then. :-D I'll bring back thumbnails to show you, and download large copies to send if you like them.

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:40 pm

Movie postponed due to Breakup with girlfriend...
:(
I'm too busy crying.
Nor any drop to drink."

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:47 pm

Sorry to hear that Hytegia :(
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hytegia » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:06 pm

It's okay... We're back together, but it was some big dramatic-like thing you'd expect in a Romance novel. :/
I'm not going to clog up this thread with my things, though. Now about the movie-

It might be good. I have to stitch stuff together and gbet more footage. I'd probably use Inkubus Sukkubus for the background music.
Nor any drop to drink."