Things Breaking Stress me out!

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Things Breaking Stress me out!

Post by Kystar » Sat May 23, 2009 8:12 pm

Okay, so my other post talked about how our Sewer pipe is cracked.

Shortly after that, the Alternator went on the one car, the car *I* primarily drive. Luckily, we only had to pay for parts as Hubby can replace things like that, after growing up in his grandpa's garage business.

Last night, our Futon's frame blew out...which meant we had to go buy a new couch today.

WTF???

#-o

To top it all off, I need to go clothes shopping partially b/c of my surgery (Need a new bathing suit top.) and partially b/c stuff of mine either isn't fitting or fell apart recently.

The universe is conspiring to remove our money from us before we can enjoy it!

Oh well...I think I'll term this a rant...and shut up now.

Toodles.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Re: Things Breaking Stress me out!

Post by Lotus » Sat May 23, 2009 10:32 pm

It is all about that lovely Mercury Retrograde, I say.

:hug:

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Sun May 24, 2009 8:47 am

Everything can be cyclical... just remember that no matter how bad things can look now, they will get better as the cycle continues to move forward. :hug:
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sun May 24, 2009 9:36 am

Gah! I know how irritating that can be. Just wait it out, and remember, as soon you've gotten everything replaced, the odds of anything breaking for a while after that is slim, so you should be given ample time to recover.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sun May 24, 2009 2:54 pm

Right, but it felt like a landslide on my head!

I'll be glad when we have a new couch, but my papazan chair is threatening a rebellion...mainly b/c it's 3rd hand. And my computer chair is attempting to fall apart. I say attempting b/c Hubby glued the bolts in place after the fourth time they fell out. So, there's at least two more fairly large furniture items to replace, not to mention the fact that the washer here is close to total crap...and the stove isn't far behind. Can't comment on the oven as I've yet to use it!

*SIGH*

Maybe this is a cycle of cleansing for me and Hubby, clear out the stuff that's 2nd-hand, that's cheap or old...so that we don't have to worry about it for a long time.

[-o<

I just hope it ends at the chairs...and doesn't spread to the appliances, or those credit cards are going to get more workout then we planned!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Hytegia
Level 12
Level 12
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Hytegia » Tue May 26, 2009 4:53 am

Maybe your breaking things is the Universe's way of telling you it's time to get new things... Better things. You deserve it!
:D
Stress is something the mind does to focus and cope with situations of duress. The problem comes when someone stresses out over something they can't change, and then all you're doing is blocking brain receptors and losing the ability to enjoy your new couch.
I learned to block out stress a LONG time ago... Perhaps that's why the whole "You've been discovered, convert back blah blah blah-" didn't bother me as much.
"Water, water, everywhere,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, everywhere,
Nor any drop to drink."