Okay... Weird

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Okay... Weird

Post by Kitsune » Wed May 13, 2009 10:20 am

So, my husband misplaced his ring lately (I think it's behind the bed, but since it's a king-size bed it's hell to move), and thinking that maybe his little gremlin pal took it, he asked for it back.

A day or so ago, I'm cleaning the house and I find a ring... it claims it's silver and has what could be smoky quartz in the setting (although that could just be dirt... the ring is very dirty and in need of a solid cleaning). I found it right inside of our balcony door.

I mean, WTF? How in the Gods names did an unknown ring suddenly show up IN our home? We live on the second floor!

The best guess I have is that perhaps a bird brought it onto the deck and one of the cats dragged it in... Or perhaps that a bird was carrying it and it bounced in or something.

Yes, It could of been gremlin, but he's never brought something that isn't ours before (he keeps good track of who's stuff is who's in his dimensional pocket from what I can tell).

I've wanted to put it on and open myself to it, but since that damned book in BC, I've also been hesitant about doing that (I can still call to mind the voices and visions the book held of it's previous owners).

What do you guys think? :-k :-k :-k
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Okay... Weird

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed May 13, 2009 4:50 pm

I would say if you feel apprehensive, follow that feeling. Maybe with Grimwell being your spiritual "guard" go into a meditation with it, talk to it, and ask it. Or, alternatively, as I know you work with close spirits, ask them their opinion of it. Maybe it is meant for you. Maybe it is meant for someone else. If those are the cases, generally clearing the ring is a good idea, but ask its permission and get an idea of what it is about first.

You'll find Grimwell's ring ;) maybe right before moving, but you will find it. Give it a few days to finish exploring, lol!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed May 13, 2009 5:51 pm

I'm not worried about finding his ring yet... Like I said, I'm mostly sure it's behind the bed.

And the ring doesn't mind being handled, it doesn't feel "wrong"... I'm just confused as to how? I mean... Two Blooming stories! It's just weird!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Wed May 13, 2009 6:09 pm

Do you have magpies or ravens in your area? They go for Shiney things.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sat May 16, 2009 10:57 pm

Not really... We've got an awful lot of "Flying Rats" (Pigeons), but no Magpies...

Oh, Guys, sorry, but I'm not going to be here at all until Monday night again... It's Otafest (the only anime festival in Alberta) time and I'm spending all my time there. The only reason I'm here tonight is because we just got home and it's too late to put in one of our new movies...

Expect slightly more in depth answers later. :-D