CHL is Engaged!

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

CHL is Engaged!

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun May 03, 2009 3:12 pm

Buckle up, this is long.

Chris and I hiked up to what we dub "The Mana Tree" this weekend. Gruelling hike!! We didn't actually make it. It's an old tree at the top of a flat mountain that was clearcut about 20 years ago. They left one tree as there was an eagle's nest, but then it got struck by lightning, so it stands still, looking over our old haunts.

No trails, just a hike along the train tracks and a few hours of almost straight up hiking, through cadavers and animal trails. That was the most wild forest I've ever been in. Spirits everywhere, dark and very primeval. We set up camp as it was about to rain along a beautiful boulder about 40 feet long, 20 feet wide, covered in moss and wildflowers. Amazing view. Twilight came and we decided to go for a walk even further up. I had just finished thanking the forest and inviting the spirits to walk freely among us, as we were not there to do harm. About five minutes into our walk, we hear crashing to our right near the creek, what sounded like a biped, but little. We make noise, yell out "Hello!" thinking it's a coyote or some other creature. We hear it move, and then it's ahead of us on our trail, and another about the same size again to our right, and lastly, a HUGE sounding bipedial crash to our right. MOMMA BEAR AND CUBS!!!!! So we make our way carefully back to camp, and we can hear them follow and go down past the rock on the right. I start asking if we should leave. There is enough light to still get down, as my night vision is excellent and the moon was getting fuller (even though the sky is completely clouded over). We both agree it would be a dumb idea. So we stand there under the sky as the sun is falling, and he says to me, "I have a question for you." "Ask away," I say. "Do you know what it is?" I freeze, and I say, "Now that you asked that, I think I do... All the blood is rushing to my feet!" He asked me if I would join his party (for RPG geeks, you'll get this). He got down on one knee and asked if I would marry him. Well, that got my mind off of the bears!!!

:oops:

We got in the tent as it got dark outside, I'm still reeling and gushy. The ring is BEAUTIFUL! But I can still feel all the energies of all the people that have tried it on. So I clear it, and ask Chris to bless it with me. We called in guides, angels, animals, totems, spirits, All That Is, everything to bless our love and our relationship and the ring that it may be a symbol of all that is good, and gods it was freaky because then animals start coming to the tent, I can feel them around, and I see a HUGE and VERY POWERFUL being behind Chris. He can feel the moss crush behind him just outside the tent, and it was the spirit of the forest, and he came to bless it with us. It was phenomenal.

And then we woke up in the morning to cougar droppings just outside, too :)

It was an incredible night! And we are engaged! I LOVE how he asked me the day after Beltane. It's perfect timing.

I will post a few pics in this thread in a few days :)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Re: CHL is Engaged!

Post by runewulf » Sun May 03, 2009 4:17 pm

Congratulations :)
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Sun May 03, 2009 5:35 pm

That is wonderful. big Big BIG Congrats.

:hug:
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Mon May 04, 2009 5:58 am

Oh congratulations!!! *happy dance* The guy has perfect timing too, what a romantic, keep him safe! :love3:
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Mon May 04, 2009 6:05 am

wow, that's an experience on ALL kinds of levels!

Congrats on the engagement, do you have a date in mind?

HUGE HUGS!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon May 04, 2009 12:58 pm

Thank you guys so much!

I'm thinking October, but we have a Function the 16-18. I would LOVE the 9th of October. Maybe we can still get away with it, and have a trip later :P Like, have our wedding, go to the function as part of our trip, and fly off somewhere exotic or European.

The wedding itself, well, we're inviting millionaires, but they are not eating million-dollar food. :badgrin: Raw Buffet! My friend is a chef and event host, and is also a raw foodist. That should work out great! All the older Pagan Library members, you are invited :) Kitsune, Willow, White_Harmony, Kystar, Davish, Rune, Lotus, Lib, and anyone else who would like to be there. I'm not blowing this out. I want a small wedding, but I have friends here who mean a great deal to me, and if I don't know you well yet, you're part of the family, and I'd love to include you. That being said, that's ONLY if you're planning to be out this way, anyway. I don't expect anyone to make cross-border trips on my account.

Honestly, we would just elope in the woods, but there have been so many influential people in our business. Honestly, we would NOT be this far without them, and I fully intend on edifying them at the wedding/handfasting to let everyone know exactly who they are and what they have done for us. And considering the majority of them are used to a high-end lifestyle, even though they have no issue if we were to do paper plates (which we're not, because of the eco factor), we still want to honour them and for them to be comfortable. So, nice food, nice clothes, maybe some table cloths and candles, the rest is WOODS. 'Taint no fancy decorations or $1000 cake or limos or anything crazy. That money could be better used feeding someone who can't make ends meet. And if someone fumbles in a speech, oh well! Man, this is about celebrating Chris and me, not about keeping up appearances! It's not about pretending to be high-class. It's about fun, about family, life, laughter, and all the best that's in the world!!!

Here are some pics as promised:
This is our site. Some pretty neat lights in this picture, especially the better quality version.

Peeking out, looking for mama bear, even though I feel MUCH safer out of a tent. For some reason, Chris feels safer in a tent.

Image Our view from the tent. It looks low, but this is actually very high. This was right before we went for our twilight walk, and before he proposed. And this isn't a wickerman falling from the sky. This is a mosquito that wanted some attention.

Image The ring :) blesed by many and symbolizing so much to us.

I will have some pics of US soon.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 pm

Even though I've already congratulated the pair of you already, I shall do so again! I am so happy for you two!! :-D
Crazy Healer Lady wrote:All the older Pagan Library members, you are invited :) Kitsune, Willow, White_Harmony, Kystar, Davish, Rune, Lotus, Lib, and anyone else who would like to be there.
And darling, we would love to come on up to Canada to see you married, however, our own wedding is mere weeks away from yours lol. By October I shall be a busy busy beaver getting the last few things done (and hopefully I'm still sane then) before the 31st lol.

~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon May 04, 2009 2:56 pm

Crazy, Congratulations! Me and Grimwell will definately be there! As soon as you've got your dates set, let me know and I'll take off some time (although I may be there a few days longer than Grimwell... He doesn't get vacation this year, so non-weekends will be a bit hard for him).

You two deserve your happiness!

Hmm, wilderness wedding... Perhaps the chinese dress I was planning on wearing wouldn't be the best choice... I'll have to get one of those celtic dresses instead. :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Mon May 04, 2009 4:38 pm

Let me know the date for sure and depending on how things have gone with my move and such, I will try to be there, cher :)

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Mon May 04, 2009 11:26 pm

What a fitting and romantic night. The energy of the Sabbat combined nicely with a wedding promise. :-D It is touching that the animals were able to feel the energy from the both of you.
Thank you for the invite. If you give enough notice then I will be able to make it (I have some vacation time set aside). I am deeply honored that you would consider me family enough to attend the special day.
I, however, am not rolling in millions. :P :P What you have planned thus far sounds majestic and loving.

Time to celebrate!!!!

Bb
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Tue May 05, 2009 6:03 am

That is such great news! Congratulations! And what a story! Wow.

Jennicat's not around so somebody needs to start the smilies going nuts.

:blob: :blob4: :blob: :blob4: :blob: :blob4: :blob: :blob4: :blob: :blob4: :blob: :blob4: :blob: :blob4: :blob: :blob4: :blob: :blob4: :blob: :blob4: :blob:
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
:blob: :blob4: :blob: :blob4: :blob: :blob4: :blob: :blob4: :blob: :blob4: :blob: :blob4: :blob: :blob4: :blob: :blob4: :blob: :blob4: :blob: :blob4: :blob:
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Tue May 05, 2009 8:27 am

ROFL... speaking of whom... I just had a brief message from her last night. Seems to be doing well.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed May 06, 2009 7:45 am

:oops: Aw geez you guys...

White, I would never expect you to compromise your own wedding, and for goodness sake, you're in Australia! Sometimes it is better to be there in spirit anyways :) Cuz you KNOW I'm there in the ethereal on your wedding. (Hehe, saves $ on the food, yes?)

Kitsune, you can wear whatever you darn well please :)
Crazy Healer Lady

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed May 06, 2009 2:56 pm

But... But... :cry:

I'll look out of place if I'm the only one in an asian style outfit. :P

Besides, I found this awesome little blue dress, that I'm considering... But on the other hand I could save a lot of cash by wearing the same one. ](*,)

Really, it's too early to be worrying about it right now anyway. You haven't set a firm date yet (at least that you've mentioned to me), and I really don't need to worry about it until then!

What planning have you finished? Ideas on colours for the wedding? Come on, give us a few details to play with! ;)
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:07 am

:hug: >:D< :GHug:

I already said congrats...but I'll say it again, because you are awesome! If I am out there at that time or can find a great seat sale I would love to come!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)