Swine flu"Break out"

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Cyberkinetic
Level 1
Level 1
Zodiac: Pisces

Swine flu"Break out"

Post by Cyberkinetic » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:46 am

So I'm pretty sure many people here heard of the swine flu? What do you think about it?
I am becoming more than what I thought I would ever become.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Swine flu"Break out"

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:43 pm

I think people are manifesting, but it's a good precursor to what's coming up in the next few years. There are huge warnings in my industry (health), and certainly it is very serious. However, like anything, it should not cause us to panic and go overboard. Be careful, do what needs to be done, but don't let it control your mind. It's like if you are spinning out on black ice on a busy highway. Do what needs to be done to correct and save your life, but don't panic and just spend your time screaming until you crash.

I've been told many times by my allies that there are pandemics coming, which is why I am pushing so hard for Raw, and working so hard at being a better healer. So let's all of us just do what we need to do and stop having this, "Me above others" attittude.

Does that answer your question? :lol: I don't know what I could possibly say about the flu itself. It, uh, makes people sick. Just like every other pandemic. It's killed a few people, and may kill a lot more. There's a bunch of scientific and medical details regarding D/RNA and cells and how this population is more susceptible than that one and yadda yadda. Wash your hands. Pump up your immune system. Take Nutrilite vitamins. It's the same basics regardless of whether it was Swine Flu or a genetically re-engineered measles virus. (Points to whoever catches the reference.)

Am I cynical? Geez Louise. I don't like panics, I guess :P
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Cyberkinetic
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Cyberkinetic » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:30 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:I think people are manifesting, but it's a good precursor to what's coming up in the next few years. There are huge warnings in my industry (health), and certainly it is very serious. However, like anything, it should not cause us to panic and go overboard. Be careful, do what needs to be done, but don't let it control your mind. It's like if you are spinning out on black ice on a busy highway. Do what needs to be done to correct and save your life, but don't panic and just spend your time screaming until you crash.

I've been told many times by my allies that there are pandemics coming, which is why I am pushing so hard for Raw, and working so hard at being a better healer. So let's all of us just do what we need to do and stop having this, "Me above others" attittude.

Does that answer your question? :lol: I don't know what I could possibly say about the flu itself. It, uh, makes people sick. Just like every other pandemic. It's killed a few people, and may kill a lot more. There's a bunch of scientific and medical details regarding D/RNA and cells and how this population is more susceptible than that one and yadda yadda. Wash your hands. Pump up your immune system. Take Nutrilite vitamins. It's the same basics regardless of whether it was Swine Flu or a genetically re-engineered measles virus. (Points to whoever catches the reference.)

Am I cynical? Geez Louise. I don't like panics, I guess :P
How can I Pump up my immune system?? And I honestly think we all can do something about this. I mean we have the knowledge but we don't know nothing of the swine flu only if we did than that would be helpful for us to take it down.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:42 pm

Cyberkinetic wrote:How can I Pump up my immune system??
Proper nutrition (and the National Food Guide is not an example of the best nutrition) and not putting things in your body that deplete your immune system. Like refined sugar. :P I won't get into details here. It is something I am deeply passionate about, and my views on optimal health are extreme according to Standard American Diets.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:45 pm

I had a dream last night of a little old lady in a rocking chair. She said to me, "My name is Abigail Freemantle, I'm a hundred-and-ten years old and I still bake my own bread. You come and see me, you and all your friends. You gots to hurry though. There's a storm commin'."

"[Pigs] in the corn, Lord. [Pigs] in the corn. They're his!"

Joke aside, No, I am not worried one bit. I thing people need to relax since it is always the worry warts who end up with the illness. I believe that there are not any more pandemics than there already was....If that makes sense. Things are getting more publicity which, is why we worry more.
More people die from getting struck by lightning than this Swine flu.

Bb
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:37 pm

I'm not overly worried, although I did have a bit of a moment this morning. ](*,) One of the people at my work got sent home because her child came down with it. We got a whole lot of information on it, and I was looking at it with my usual cynicism when I ran across one of the symptoms... Shortness of breath.

I've had a cold for about 3 days now, pretty serious cough, lots of phlegm, stuffed up nose (you know, the usual "end of season" cold) and yesterday for no reason at all, I had a minor asthma attack. Just walking downtown, carrying home some McDonalds for dinner (yep, I know, not healthy, but I didn't care... I wasn't cooking and neither was my husband) and suddenly, I realized that even at the "gentle lope" I usually go, I was having trouble breathing! I took my inhaler when I got home, and after the requisite 2-4 puffs I was fine. The only reason I even thought seriously about it was that usually, I only get asthma attacks during rush hour downtown... and it was at least an hour to two hours past it.

I told Grimwell to keep a closer eye on me for fever for the next few days as a precaution... Almost certainly not an issue, but what's that they say about an ouch of prevention? :-" O:)

Anyways, I'm not worried. While this may be serious, we can't put our lives on hold for some spurious notion of safety. In my opinion, the most we can do is take reasonable precautions and enjoy our life!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Cyberkinetic
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Cyberkinetic » Fri May 01, 2009 10:14 pm

Thanks you guys for the chat. That calmed me down, and yea you guys are right the ones with "Worry and fair are the ones who probably will get it." Law of attraction has its role. But still it is something to keep aware of. There is only 6 levels and the Swine flu is at its 5th level :evil:

@Crazy Healer I would be glad if you would share and go in much depth about your bashing of the american food pyramid because I really don't agree with it as much either.

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post by Mahala » Sat May 02, 2009 1:28 pm

A teacher at our school is going a bit overboard with it... She insists the teachers clean the desks between every period, and I just had to mouth to a friend in the next row as she was talking... "It's airborne..." :roll: Wear masks? Nope. They have to be microbe-filtering I believe, and even then, you still have chances of getting it.

It's the same stupid crap that happens every year when the news stations don't have much to report: Another 'dangerous' possible pandemic. Previous years we've seen Mad Cow (BSE), Foot-and-mouth (HFMD), Avian flu A(H5N1), West Nile virus, and now A(H1N1) commonly known as Swine flu. (I used the scientific names to ensure there were no mix ups; Common names are sometimes given to several viruses that are really similar.) And every year, doctors get thousands of patients who self-diagnose and claim to have this or that and the doctors have to check and make sure, which brings in $$$ from patients who really have only a cold or the regular, common strain of flu.

My point being is that the news takes this event which is a possible threat, and a very small one at that, and blows it WAY out of proportion. You should always be ready, your body should always be strong enough to fight infections and sickness off, not only when it 'counts'. And like Kitsune, if you're unsure, keep an eye on yourself but don't panic. (I say should because some are just born with weaker bodies or have little access to proper food and diet.) It's part of nature that certain viruses will spread and those who worry most about it, as stated before, will likely be the first to contract it. Spend less time worrying, and more time preparing, should it actually be a real threat.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sat May 02, 2009 7:38 pm

Yep, not panicking is the best way to go about it.

As I said, I was 99% sure I didn't have it, although I do have stuffed up nose and a nasty cough (one of those phlegm nightmares that makes you sound worse than you really are :P ). I haven't been sleeping at all well this week either. Whether it's the cough or my (all of a sudden) delicate stomach (usually I have an iron stomach and can eat anything... except mushrooms, I hate the fungi family) I've been waking up every couple of hours or having random moments of insomnia. It's all good now though... I'm actually getting tired again at reasonable times, which Grimwell says is a good thing. No fever to speak of, so I'm over the worst of it though.

The news does to blow it out of proportion. However, if you watch John Stewart's "The Daily Show" they had a hilarious thing on swine flu. Other news casts were showing areas where people had gotten sick. One show was putting up the number hit in Canada so far. The entire country was lit up in a lurid red then the number comes up... 6 people in Canada apparently had confirmed cases. :-D Even John Stewart made a point of saying "You lit the entire area bright red for 6 cases? Come on, what would you do it you were trying to show a serious amount of cases?"

I was ROLFLMAO'ing, it was great! :badgrin:

Anyones else watch John Stewart? His show is awesome!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Sat May 02, 2009 11:56 pm

I think you're probably all right, there's confirmed cases about an hour from where I live but I think if it comes there's nothing I can do, panicking won't help. I feel bad for the people who live in the outbreak area in Mexico where it's densely populated, so I'll spend less time worrying about me and worry about them instead. I'll put my faith in the health authorities. Hope you get better soon Kitsune.
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Wed May 06, 2009 12:21 pm

Great answer Mahala

It's all a crock just like SARS and Birdflu. Some people will get sick, and some will probably die. When we add up the numbers at the end of the year, this won't even be a blip on the chart of how many people get sick and die from flu every year. I bet the vaccine companies are making a killing off all the media hype, though. Funny how their quarterly profits were taking a huge hit because people were afraid of the Gardasil vaccine's reported side effects and not getting their 7 year old daughters injected. They started pushing for boys to get that vaccine as well. Because little boys are about as likely to get cervical cancer as 7 year old girls. Now, there's a flu scare and HEY! We have a vaccine for the flu. Don't mind that it actually gives you the flu for 3 days to a week after you take it and the injection site might hurt for the rest of your life...

People get sick. Sometimes in mass numbers. It's part of nature. I'm not going to let the news or drug companies tell me that I should be afraid of the sniffles. I have a homeopath and I happen to know some healers. Also, and what's probably keeping me from dying of the swine flu, I wash my hands after I use the bathroom.

-
Kitsune, I love Jon Stewart. I actually stopped watching the news for a while and just let him be my filter. Not only did I get to see what was going on in the world, but I got a comedic spin too. I think There should be a Daily Show filter for CNN. Kinda like the pirate language for Facebook, only it takes serious issues and presents it in a way that makes you laugh instead of cry and wonder if it's too late to start construction on that bunker.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed May 06, 2009 1:59 pm

I think I lost all my faith in vaccines. I know people who have serious suicidal and mental health problems because of routine vaccines. Also, if you look at the charts, the big diseases started dying out BEFORE vaccines came into use. I don't think I am getting my babies vaccinated.

Cyberkinetic, I'd love to talk with you. Email me at [email protected] and we can chat :)
Crazy Healer Lady

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post by Mahala » Wed May 06, 2009 8:01 pm

A friend an I were talking about Gardasil a while back. This is exactly what she said to me one morning: "I would NOT be surprised if that Gardasil shot made all the girls who were pretty much forced to get it sterile permanently or gave their kids birth defects. They haven't tested that vaccine long enough to really know."

The shot protects against HPV types Types 16, 18, 6, and 11, which cause penile cancer, anal cancer, and cancerous genital warts in boys and men, and cervical cancer in girls and women. I told my mom that I wasn't going in for flu shots over the winter. Flu vaccines only protect against lsome of the flu viruses out there, so even if you do get vaccinated, you can still get sick. Even if it is the type your vaccine protects against which gets you sick, the vaccine's intention was to give your body the 'blueprint' certain cells in our blood use to find and kill viruses, helping you get over a sickness 2-3 days faster, NOT to keep you from getting sick (Although it does help keep from getting sick by helping the body find and destroy viruses before they become widespread). Not only did I explain that, I told her I wasn't planning on staying home a day because the vaccine made me sick.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu May 07, 2009 1:41 am

The thing is, the technology for flu vaccines is null and void, totally outdated, by the time the flu season comes around. It's based on strains from months back, and by then, it's a new strain.

Gardasil has already caused some major side effects in some girls. A few have died.
Crazy Healer Lady

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu May 07, 2009 3:58 am

I had one year where I got the flu vaccine and didn't get sick at all, so I thought it was pretty amazing.

The next time I got one (a few years later), I caught every cold that came out it seemed, and I got them all worse than my friends who hadn't gotten the vaccine.

I decided that playing the slot machine odds of "sick/not sick" wasn't worth it.