looking to relocate

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: looking to relocate

Post by white_harmony » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:16 pm

Kitsune wrote:When I was thinking of a move a year or so ago, one of the main places that I researched was Perth, Australia. Beautiful weather, at the time they were in desperate need of qualified workers in all fields and they're right on the ocean. I don't think they get snow though... You might have to drive for a few hours for that. :-k
Perth ... Is not a good place to live. About 3 hours out of Perth - Good place to live lol. Yes, it is right on the ocean, and they say its lovely weather (sorry, I don't know how to convert to F, but in degrees Celsius every summer they're hitting about 40-45 usually), and they are always always in need of workers on that side of my beautiful country, but never ever ever live in Perth lol. They try to show it up as a wonderful city, but it is not really. Arcanum was there not all that long ago for something to do with work, and while he bordered outside the city for accommodations, he did visit the city while he was there .. and all he could say was that it was dirty, run down, and in a serious need of a face lift in all departments - cleanliness, peoples attitudes, everything. However, like I said - anything about 3 hours drive out of Perth is amazing. And no, this country rarely sees snow Kitsune. Thredbo (if I've spelt that right), the snowy mountains, and maybe a couple other isolated places see snow here, but most definitely not any in Western Australia. It's one of our warmer states.

If you decide to research out of the US for your work and home Rune, and have any questions on Aus, feel free to ask, you know where to find me, and I'm more than happy to answer anything you may think up :-D
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:57 pm

Thanks darlin... I've thought about that area a few times, but plan on stayin in North America, at least for now... just not sure where yet. I do know that everyone who knows me has been telling me I'm killing myself with my work and where I live is hurting my health (the sub-tropics are destroying my migraines)... and they're right. Things aren't improving with the corporation I work for, if anything they're deteriorating, so it's time to start actively looking for other areas and doing the research so I can make a move when the time is right and not continue on the path that I've been on with work. That said, I also want to ensure that wherever I go is a good place and has a good community.
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:39 pm

Avoid Ohio.
From the end of Autumn to the beginning of Spring, Everything just looks like death. Extreme temperatures and not very many opportunities. In the major cities there is a fairly strong Pagan community.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:02 am

I always advocate Ontario, though temperate it is not. Good luck with your search, I hope you find wha you are looking for.

I
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)