new coven

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
DriztDoUrden
Level 1
Level 1

new coven

Post by DriztDoUrden » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:39 pm

I am one of four elders of a 2 year old coven,,,has any one else heard of this being done

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: new coven

Post by Kitsune » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:57 pm

Not that I've heard, but then I'm not Wiccan. What path are they following?

Oh, and you really should introduce yourself properly up in the new members section. It gives us a chance to welcome you there without stuffing this thread with it.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post by Mahala » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:10 pm

Awesome name, by the way. I'm a BIG Drizzt fan! :-D

I haven't heard of that... unless you founded the coven as an elder or third degree. (From what I've heard of, read about, and such.) Getting to the third degree can take a while in some covens, but starting a coven and automatically going from ??? to elder is a bit strange. How big is the coven?

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:30 am

The real question for me is the amount of time... With Wiccans, the usual amount of time for each level is no shorter than a year and a day... I'm not certain what they mean by elder though... If elder is "I've completed my year and a day" then it's possible, but usually elder is reserved for somebody who has gone about the first level initiate stage.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:55 pm

This is not what the "Test" Forums are for. Please post in the appropriate areas from now on. I am moving this up to General Chat.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:28 am

Rank and degree are really up to the members of the coven in question. Not knowing anything about the path your circle has chosen to follow or your own past, I really wouldn't be able to advise as to the normality of your being chosen.

Regardless, it's an honor and a privilege to be selected as an Elder member of any practicing circle. Remember that, the people who chose you are not there to serve you, but your position exists to serve them.

congratulations on being chosen, and welcome to the Library.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Seawitch
Level 1
Level 1
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Seawitch » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:20 pm

Kitsune wrote:Not that I've heard, but then I'm not Wiccan.
I'm a Wiccan 1st degree, I have been for a year now and there was a year in another Coven that went wrong for me before initiation, so it was quiet a long haul!
Now.....Wicca has been there since the early 50's....Covens much longer if you are not a doubter.
Not all Covens are Wiccan ones, the terms 'Wicca' and 'Wiccan' are being used in a big way by people who are not in this initiatory tradition and often they don't really know there error.
I myself still think that if you are Gregorius with other Witches and seek to work with other Witches, one ought to be allowed to call your self such but Solitaries are just that! flyaway:
There is nothing unusual for a 2nd Degree to hive off and start a Coven, by now they can.
'Elders'.....I think that would be about the High Priest and Priestess, but nothing unusual if they aren't the oldest in the Coven! :-D :axe:

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:17 pm

Hey, it's good to see you back, Seawitch!

Where have you been hiding out lately?