Dreameaters

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Moonchyld
Level 1
Level 1

Dreameaters

Post by Moonchyld » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:44 pm

Does anyone know what they are or if they exstist.
You call me a witch like it's a bad thing. :3

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Dreameaters

Post by Kystar » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:56 pm

Um, I've never heard of a Dream Eater, but I've heard of a Dream Walker.

No clue.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Moonchyld
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Moonchyld » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:59 pm

Kystar wrote:Um, I've never heard of a Dream Eater, but I've heard of a Dream Walker.

No clue.
Could you tell me what dream walker is?

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:47 pm

A Dream Walker is either a person who can astral project themselves into the dream landscapes of other people, or a spirit entity that spends its time wandering through people's dreams...depends on who you talk to, or what you experience.

Most human Dream Walkers either don't realize they're doing it...or are doing it to gain experience or power. They can either be messing about with your dreams or just observing. A few can attempt to call a nightmare down on the person they're "Visiting", but that's really easily combated...simply by declaring that this is YOUR world and you say NO. You can use the same to kick them out.

Non-human Dream Walkers are either trying to F#*k with your head or learn about humans...depending on what they're doing. Though, sometimes a Guide will appear in your dreams and change everything into a nightmare to see how you deal. That's normally just a test, though, and not a true Dream Walk.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:44 pm

If you could explain what you meant by Dream Eater, we might be able to help you more... After all, sometimes we just call things different things.

Just as an example, I have heard of a few monsters that survive by eating human energy while the human is sleeping. The human dreams of the "eater" and of being devouvered in the dream.

They're called by a variety of names though, including "Bad Spirits", which means a single name won't work to properly identify them.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Moonchyld
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Moonchyld » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:53 pm

Hmm, I don't really know how to elbarate on this subject. My boyfriend was the one who made the inquirey. He see's them and he said that they call themselves "Dream Eaters". So, I'll have to ask him. Untill then, Idk
~Moonchlyd