WHO WOULD YOU TELL?

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Somber Sky
Level 1
Level 1

WHO WOULD YOU TELL?

Post by Somber Sky » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:33 pm

Newley becoming wiccan and reading every thing you could get your hands on. Now after a year or so of being wiccan who would you want to tell first and why?

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: WHO WOULD YOU TELL?

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:20 pm

At first I didn't tell anyone. It just wasn't their business - I would, however, seek people out who were open to conversations of the metaphysical, more for brain candy than anything. I guess I would tell those who are closest to me, should they ask or I need advice.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:45 pm

I told my best friend who taught me to control my aura when I was a child. Also, I wasn't very concealed about it in any place. Told a whole circle of strangers at a LARP event that I was pagan, earth witch path, and proud of it. None of them batted an eye b/c they were all standing around dressed like flipping vikings! And elves.

I'm pretty much open. If someone has the guts to ask, they deserve an answer they might not like. Even my In-laws are 100% aware of my path...probably b/c my hubby shares part of it.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:12 pm

I told nobody and everybody...

Basically, I only tell people who ask, but I refuse to hide my beliefs from anyone, regardless of who they are.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:10 pm

I kept my path private for the first two years. I did not even involve myself in the Pagan community. Granted, I am Pagan and not Wiccan. There is a distinction there.l
Honestly, I did not want problems. Even today I am half in and half out of the broom closet. Too many people make their path into an exhibit. I am not really into that display sort of Paganism/Wicca.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Somber Sky
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Somber Sky » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:29 am

Kystar wrote:I told my best friend who taught me to control my aura when I was a child. Also, I wasn't very concealed about it in any place. Told a whole circle of strangers at a LARP event that I was pagan, earth witch path, and proud of it. None of them batted an eye b/c they were all standing around dressed like flipping vikings! And elves.

I'm pretty much open. If someone has the guts to ask, they deserve an answer they might not like. Even my In-laws are 100% aware of my path...probably b/c my hubby shares part of it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

hahahahahahah thats cool about the vikings and elfs thing... I play larps and D&D....

Somber Sky
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Somber Sky » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:35 am

Lotus wrote:I kept my path private for the first two years. I did not even involve myself in the Pagan community. Granted, I am Pagan and not Wiccan. There is a distinction there.l
Honestly, I did not want problems. Even today I am half in and half out of the broom closet. Too many people make their path into an exhibit. I am not really into that display sort of Paganism/Wicca.

BB
Lotus

NODS Yes I am pagan too I feel more connected to the old path and that history..I was lucky enough to have parents that came from a Christian childrens home have religion forced on them 24 7 and they hated it.. When we got older my sister and I My parents told us that what ever we wanted to follow spirtually thay back us up and try to support us the best they could..

My dad is a vet nam vet 70-79 he had some issues at first when he found out and thaught I was killing the neighborhood cats and drinking there blood. I laughed at him one day and said I am not a vampire and If I was the day light would be frying my butt right now..I let him read a scott cunningham book and from that point he backed off and let me do my thing. He still asked questions from time to time.

Somber Sky
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Somber Sky » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:36 am

Kitsune wrote:I told nobody and everybody...

Basically, I only tell people who ask, but I refuse to hide my beliefs from anyone, regardless of who they are.
HERE HERE BANGS ON TABLE WITH A ROCK

Sìle
Level 3
Level 3

WHO WOULD YOU TELL?

Post by Sìle » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:48 am

Kitsune wrote:Basically, I only tell people who ask, but I refuse to hide my beliefs from anyone, regardless of who they are.
I'm the same. :-D

Moonchyld
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Moonchyld » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:55 pm

Well, I haven't really told anyone, really. I told only two of my friends. I was asked to go to a baptist church with my male friend and I had to tell him that I couldn't go because I'm a Wiccan. His reaction was quite, humorous. His eyes got real big and his mouth dropped. After I stopped laughing, I explained to him what it was and how it worked and that I don't and can't worship Satan due to the fact that I don't beilive in his existance. He never brought it up again.

Now how my female friend found out was very recent and the most accepting.

I have to go to Atlanta this Wednesday and won't be coming back until either that Sunday or that Monday. It's a trip to the National Orchestra Festival, we have to play there. :-({|= :-D Well, Eostre is coming up so, naturaly I had to tell her so that when we are at the hotel, she doesn't get up in the middle of the night wondering why I have candles lit and strange music playing. Her response was awesome. She said that's cool and that I have to show her what Eostre is. Then she was said, jokingly,"As long as I'm not the "sacrafical lamb, I'm down with it." Then we got into a dicussion about recording use hitting one another in the head (she hitting me with the bible and me hitting her with my Book of Shadows) and putting it on youtube. =3.

I hope that the rest of the people I tell are the most accepting as these two were.

~Moonchyld
You call me a witch like it's a bad thing. :3

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:05 pm

That's fantastic :) Really wonderful!!
Moonchyld wrote:I was asked to go to a baptist church with my male friend and I had to tell him that I couldn't go because I'm a Wiccan.
Just so you know, as a Wiccan, you can still go to churches, mosques, and ceremonies of various belief systems. Whether or not you want to go may be another matter altogether :)
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Moonchyld
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Moonchyld » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:35 pm

Crazyhealerlady wrote:Just so you know, as a Wiccan, you can still go to churches, mosques, and ceremonies of various belief systems. Whether or not you want to go may be another matter altogether :)

I know, it's just I'm don't really like going to that particular church. They have one of those Fire and Brimstone preachers, and it, urks me really. So, yeah....
You call me a witch like it's a bad thing. :3

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:07 am

Yuck. Agreed; preaches of fire and brimstone is never a witch's friend.
Crazy Healer Lady