Buying a house!

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Buying a house!

Post by Kystar » Fri May 08, 2009 6:05 am

From what I understand, the inspector is required to run all water lines for at least five minutes to check draining. Since she wasn't living in the house 100% of the time while she was attempting to sell it, I guess it didn't have the use that would cause backup.

Our inspector ran the water for almost 15 mins, and didn't see anything...but I am going to look into the inspection thing...see what the guidelines are. From what the plumber told me, the only way the inspection would have caught this is if there had been JUST enough mud to block it up enough to cause it to back up...or if they were concerned enough about the age of the house to request a camera test.

Since we had almost two weeks of steady rain, plus sudden daily usage of the house, by multiple ppl, I think it's just conditions aligned perfectly to make the problem go from "ergh" to "OMG, This needs DONE!"

During the time the house was being inspected, it was mostly dry, and only seeing weekend use.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Fri May 08, 2009 8:48 am

This whole thing just sucks and I completly understand your frustration. I wish I had some helpful solution. This is akin to buying a Lemon car.

The rain lately certainly has been horrible and extreme. You guys get hit with the same weather fronts we get hit with normally. I remember last week where it just poured for three days.....I still have the head/sinus pain. ](*,)
If anything would bring this problem to the surface then it would be all of this rain.

I am stil wishing the problem to be as minimal as possible and get fixed quickly without any more burdens. [-o<

I am not worried if people need to vent and let out their frustration. Rarely am I offended. :-D

Bb
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:31 pm

Update on both the positive and negative...urgh.

Starting with the negative...to get it out of the way.

Our dishwasher is also on the fritz...it won't cycle past the Rinse phase...so it just keeps running and running. Wednesday is the earliest time I have to call the Home warranty ppl. I'm not sure they're going to do right by us b/c they didn't before...but at least I'm trying before we just run out and buy a new one!

The positive is two-fold...one, we got a new ottoman to match the new couch...which we're picking up tomorrow...so squee! And Two, I've started work on my new mosaic ward-anchor stones. The bases are cast, now all I have to do is bless the bases when they're cured, figure out the elemental patterns I want to use (And NO, I'm not using those silly triangle things b/c they mean NOTHING to me) and then do the mosaic work on them. After that, I salt the foundation, Smudge the property line...and cast up the wards, as I set each Anchor Stone into the ground. Hubby will then walk the wardlines, adding his own "flavor". Unfortunately, as the more sensitive in the house, the bulk of the wards fall to me. Oh well.

The only one that's giving me problems designing is Fire. That's hard to do with little square chunks of glass. Grr. Oh well. I'll figure it out.

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:30 am

The key to fire is to remember that in order to make glass, intense heat is applied. The fire is already IN the glass! It's not just a matter of harnessing that fire. Although aesthetically speaking, I can see where you're coming from.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:22 am

Oh, I know the ENERGY of fire is there...I just need to get the right Glyph so that the stone represents it when I walk the wards, something I'll look at and go, "Fire, right, this energy here"

the visual is sort of important here, so that when I recharge them, I keep the right energy in the right stone.

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:17 am

Aha! That makes a lot sense, then.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake