Buying a house!

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: Buying a house!

Post by Kystar » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:41 am

Another little update.

We're 99% positive that the closing date has been shifted from April 24th to April 17th, as we requested. We have to get the final "you're good" from the mortgage first, but unless the appraisal screws us, we're fine.

So, instead of trying to paint, get carpets cleaned and move in a week, we'll have a little more time to work things out.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:49 am

That will be a relief!! Keep us updated :)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

2 steps forward, and 1 back

Post by Kystar » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:17 am

Well, the furnace is getting installed this week, so that's a good thing. Everything seems to be moving forward on our end of the deal, but we just got word that the seller won't be out by the 17th...so we're back to the closing being on the 24th. Which means we're back to painting and moving in under a week. Sigh. ](*,) ](*,)

Oh well.
Still hoping things work out.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:35 pm

Well, the closing went without a hitch...and now we're legally the owners. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

We've decided the one carpet HAS to go (Gold shag...ick)...and we're marshaling the troops to paint tomorrow...well, actually today.

I'm hoping we can get this move done smoothly b/c hubby can't get time off work! ARGH! #-o

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:38 pm

Enjoy making the house your own, it's much more fun moving in than packing up hex: Congratulations Kystar!
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:22 am

Congratulations on owning your house! Time to break out the sage and start talking to the nearby trees!
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:35 am

Hey congrats!!!

And I second Davish's motion :D
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:27 am

Congratulations! I hope that only my own closing goes well.

If you can, see if you can find the Neighborhood Guardian. I find that most neighborhoods have a spirit that has claimed the area. They are (at least to me) ecstatic when someone who knows that they are there make a point to speak to them. And having them on your side makes your own living go without a hitch.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:40 pm

Well, there's a really REALLY big oak out back of the house (our lot! :-D ) that's just waking up...he's sort of grumpy right now b/c the lady who owned the house before let the landscaping go wild...but he seems to be regarding us with some positive feelings, but there's some suspicion there too. Don't blame him...if I went to sleep for the winter and woke up to someone new nudging my attention, I'd be like "WHO are YOU and WHY are you BUGGING ME?"

The neighborhood's got a few good old trees. There's a holly bush out front that's basically begging me to be properly pruned instead of hit with some idiot's electric (gas? Who knows!) hedge-clippers! We've got about three young evergreens that need to be shifted away from the house b/c they attract yellow-jackets. Hubby's allergic to wasp stings, and I'm allergic to bee, so we have NO idea what a yellow-jacket sting would do! I don't sense they're old enough to be "awake".

As for the rest of things...we spent the entire weekend painting...and got three rooms done. Darn delays. Lucky for us, the landlady of the rental is allowing us to stay until the weekend...and is willing to do the walk-through with us, so we know where she's taking money off the deposit and why. I think that's nice of her!

I have to go over tomorrow at god knows what time to receive the delivery of our new fridge. (I got an Icemaker! WOOT! Sorry...been wanting one. No on-door dispenser, but hey, can't have everything!) While I'm there, I'm going to do some painting and some cleaning...maybe not in that order.

We have two rooms and a hallway to do. We have to finish the smaller bedroom, which will be our office...we got the ceiling painted tonight...but the wall gets two colors...gray on the bottom, purple on top...so that still needs done. That was a compromise...Hubby likes Gray for computer rooms/techy places, I wanted purple of some shade b/c it's my fav color. I was willing to give him the gray walls if I got a purple ceiling, but then we'd have an oddly colored cave. We also have our living room to paint...the ceiling color there is the hallways' color...so if I get REALLY ambitious tomorrow, I'll run the hallway paint right into the living room. Dunno. Doubt it, since I can barely stand right now. When you're not used to being on your feet for 8 hours+...it really hurts!

When at least the painting is done, I'll post some pics!
Good night, gypsy out! outtahere:

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:39 am

Wow! Sounds like it's all coming together nicely!

What colour are you painting the bedrooms again?
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:28 am

Congrats again on your new home.
Ever thought of swilling the grey and purple in the family room? It might look nice depending upon the shades.

Yeah, at my job I am on my feet for 8+ hours a day and it does take some getting used to. There are some days where I still do not feel used to it. The key is to allow yourself a few breaks here and there rubbing your feet well during each break. If you have a pair of crocks then wearing those helps.

BB
Sombra
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:37 pm

At this point, we're trying to keep it simple. The master bedroom has three walls in a sand color, and the ceiling and one wall (it curves) blue. Somehow we said "earth tones" and ended up tropical. Oh well.

The second bedroom is a medium gray and purple.

The hallway, and living room ceiling will be a lighter sand color. Living room walls are going to be medium brown.

But, I have to get back to work, this break's going long.

Like I said, I'll get pictures up asap.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:14 pm

Can't wait for pics. The image of the cavern gave me a good laugh to start the day! And hey, tropical is all good :)
Crazy Healer Lady

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:37 pm

It sounds great. Tropical is always cool!

I can't wait to see the pics!

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Mon May 04, 2009 6:17 am

OMG, I am hurting, I am exhausted, and I'm not done yet!

Well, we're sleeping in the new house. 98% of our stuff is here...and last night we discovered the drain in the garage backing up. Smelled like sewage.

ARGH!

Called our home warranty ppl, and they contacted a plumber. I don't know how this goes, but meh, we'll see. if it's "a valid claim" get only pay $75.

But, we still need to clear out and clean the rental...so that's not good.

oh well...it will all work out.

talk to everyone later...and I'll get pics when there aren't huge stacks of boxes everywhere.

outtahere: