life rage rant

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Max
Level 11
Level 11

Re: life rage rant

Post by Max » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:00 pm

Only just read this thread. Going to post my thoughts on your Thursday meeting here to keep the blessing post full of positive thoughts.

I've suddenly realised why I feel so involved in your situation: I was subject to work bullying a few years ago, but I just left rather than call him up on it (it was his shop there was no one higher I could complain to). That is why I am getting so angry for you, I feel like I'm there!

Firstly, high fives to your SO, he sounds right on your side. It's great that he's so willing to stand up for you that he'll transfer too! Not sure that other men would so the same.

Don't be too anxious about the meeting. You are in the right and you have more people rooting for you in that meeting. There's you and your SO, and the District Supervisor should be impartial.

You know this but I'll reiterate it: before you go, make sure you know exactly what you want to say. Predict the accusations against you and have your calm, cool and collected counter-arguments ready. Write it down.

The fact is, what that woman was doing to you, by messing up the shop for you and talking down to you, was subjecting you to intimidation and bullying. You have every right to be protected as much as the next person. Even if you are the kind of person who outwardly seems to be able to deal with it, you shouldn't have to endure it in the first place. What they seem to be objecting to that you made a fuss about it - and rightly you should have! What if another person was in you position and she was not able to deal with confrontation? Would they allow her to be intimidated until she left?

If you know what she will bring against you is all lies, it will come out or it'll be her word against yours, they can't sack you for a disagreement.

You can do this, and I have a feeling this meeting will go better than you expect. I will be thinking of you.
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde