Kitsune's got a brand new toy!

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Kitsune's got a brand new toy!

Post by Kitsune » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:00 pm

Yep... so here's the update on my computer status...

After nearly a full month of no laptop, we finally found a place that I could order a cord from... That was Saturday, and they said that it would 3-5 days for shipping... So I'm still waiting for it, but I'm not by any means worried yet.

Little bit of history now, about 4 months ago we walked into a laptop depot, and I fell in love with the Acer Aspire one (netbook-a sub notebook). Well, today my husband walked into a laptop depot and found my little Acer there again. The guy had one left (display model), and after Grimwell spoke to him for a few minutes, the guy offered it to him for a greatly reduced price, around a hundred bucks off the tag cost! And it's not even refurbished (which I tend to be wary of...), It's New!!!

So, my hubby called me and after confirming that I was going to have enough in my paycheck to pay him back (gotta make the bills somehow, after all), BOUGHT ME THE LAPTOP!!!!

So I've got a brilliantly awesome little computer now!
But the big news is that my loving husband has a new job traveling the city (I think I mentioned that before) and he stopped in at a laptop depot, just to see what they had.

Speaking of which... it runs Linux instead of windows. I seem to recall that some people on here use Linux, as well...?

Following that thread of thought... Well, does anyone know how I can get MSN messenger to work on it? :oops: :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Kitsune's got a brand new toy!

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:46 am

Hey woo hoo congrats! I remember you talking about that laptop :D Happy writing!! And come on to MSN soon. I may be busy as a beaver, but we have to catch each other online at SOME point :)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:09 pm

I'm updating as I type, so that MSN Messenger will work, Crazy! :-D

It's an incredible little unit! While the keyboard is just a little on the small side (89% compared to a regular keyboard), it's not too bad to type with yet.

The only partial complaint I have about it thus far (and it's minor) is that I prefer using a mouse to their touchpad. Which was easily fixed by attaching a mouse!

Really, this little thing is the bomb! I love it! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:02 pm

And Good News once again, as of yesterday, I finally got the reboot that my computer needed. So, now my little Acer is working hard and I'm setting up my sites and specifics on it.

In other good news, I also finally got in the cord for my old laptop, and It's charging now. This means I'll spend a little while charging it, and over the next day or so, I'll take everything off of it. Then I'll be able to give it to my Grimwell, free and clear! I'm so pleased!

I'm loving my little Acer though! It's a wonderful unit!

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:10 pm

That is wonderful news.
Yeah, windows sucks. My next computer will not have it. I am sort of waiting for this one to die before I run out and splurge on a new one.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:21 pm

Nowadays you have to. I was planning on waiting until after we'd bought our house, but getting a netbook for cost (the store guy called the manager to ask how low he could give it for... Joe heard the manager tell him, "Cost... Just get it out of the store, I'm tired of people seeing the display and telling us to call them when we get more in") is too good a deal to pass by.

The main reason I wanted a netbook was it's portablility. Since I am having so much fun writing (That's 3 books with various levels of finished), my main requirements was as light and portable as possible. If I can't play games on it, that's okay. I can always play on Grimwell's laptop (my old one) if I really need to.

And I have nothing against my old laptop... It had served me loyally for nearly five years now... And its going to be working just as well for my husband now!

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:28 am

I am pondering the switch to a Mac. When I buy a new laptop, Iw ill defintely bo looking into it. If the Mac laptop goes well, then the next desktop will likley be one.

I love new toys...enjoy Kitsune!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:14 am

You are right about that.
Lately I feel a little guilty since I bought new clothes with some of the money I was saving.
Yes, I did get things that I actually needed and nothing was full price. Hit the winter sales well after Christmas season (extreme clearance to get winter stuff off shelf for Spring stuff). Last winter my old winter coat needed to be thrown out so I started to wear my fancy dress coat. Well this year, when I went to an interview, I noticed that my dress coat was showing noticable signs of wear. Wear is not a good thing to show during an interview. During that week, it was also extremely cold that had winds slicing through the fancy dress coat. So, I ended up with three new coats. One being a new fancy dress coat and two warmer weather coats (one short and the other long).

Sorry about babbling on,
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:29 pm

Babble at you like! New toys are part of the fun of live. Even new clothes are good and we all know that sometimes you just can't avoid buying some. Clothes do just wear out eventually.

Speaking of which, I need to do some clothes shopping myself soon. My jacket is threadbare, and I really need another set of work pants!