Really proud of my Mrs 2. (It is NOT war....YET!!!)

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Ragnar

Really proud of my Mrs 2. (It is NOT war....YET!!!)

Post by Ragnar » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:47 am

O.K. So today we went to the Hilton in Berlin, for a "do" to celebrate Prussian/German history and culture. (Lisa was invited because of the news paper, Me because I am the recruiting seargeant for the Regiment).

Now, what no one had told us, was exactly WHAT this thing was going to be like.

As we entered to set up the stall with Lisas newspaper thingys, we were "introduced" to, Not Georg Friedrich / Kaiser, but two of his brothers, followed by Prinz whasis name von Bayern, Prinz von Sachsen-Sachsen Anhalt, the Japanese ambassador, the Ambassador to Peru (?????????), Ambassador to the U.K, Ambassador to the U.S.A, die Gebrüder Prinzen von Bismarck, von Ribbentropp, and Von Gneisenau.

(THEN I asked why it was €4,50 for a ,33cl beer!).

SO. We are all there, showing off our wares, Lisa with her news paper, and me with the recruitment stuff from the Regiment (We have SIX new ones. Having said that not ALL there werte "vons".)

THEN All the artillery members are called to the main hall.

The idea is thge Japanese Ambasador wants a photo of us all, with him in the middle. SO, This guy in, really rather posh civvys, stands next to me. The photo is taken.

Then "big nose" next to me sais we want the Women in the photo. They can Kneel in front.... to which the Japanese Ambassadors Wife was MOST ....-."impressed".

Big nose sais "bring on chairs. I say "Gute Idee". LONG pause "Yes I suspect it IS". All the Women are seated except one.

Now I have heard her speaking in English to the Japanese Ambassadors Wife. SO ""HEY YOU!, Here, SIT"! We want to take a photo".

She does.

Then I get a tap on the shoulder from a guy with a worm hanging from his ear, "Do you know who you are speaking to?"

"Aye, a guy with a worm in his ear".

"Ahem, THAT Lady is the Wife of the Iranian Ambassador to Germany".

"Oh bloody REALLY, Well I hope her husband, and that, has said sorry to the Royal navy for kidnapping their sailors".

Big nose turns around and replys "I am the good ladies husband".

Na ja. We are not at war YET. But I do NOT think I was cut out to be a diplomat somehow.

I HATE days like this.

Lisa sais she can not take ma any where. Not a CLUE what she means.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Re: Really proud of my Mrs 2. (It is NOT war....YET!!!)

Post by Willow » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:12 am

I think we can safely say diplomacy and politics are unlikely jobs for you.

But that's OK, we love you the way you are.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:52 am

Yikes. Well, no punches thrown, no war declared. It'll blow over :lol:

However, if I hear some unsettling news on the German front, I'll know who to blame ;) Ah, by the way, my girl's in Frankfurt at the moment until Tuesday, when she goes to Austria. Tall girl with red/blonde hair, shines like a candle. If you can see that light all the way from Berlin, you'll know who it is ;) If you started something and she suddenly can't get home, like I said, I'll know who to blame :lol:
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:23 am

I never thought you would be a wonderful diplomat... After all, we've all seen where your real talents lie when the fundies try to come on our board! :lol:

Can't believe that though... Perhaps a little diplomatic training would be advisable??? :-k ;)
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:42 pm

I am of the "Sam Vimes school of diplomacy".

"If you don't get your troops asses off my land you PERSONALY are going home in an ambulance AFTER you have spent three nights in the cells, answering questions too Seargeant Angua, and Corporal Littlebottom, who just so happen to have just bought a crate of ginger beer".

By the way. Any one know WHAT you do with the ginger beer?

I know. :badgrin:

Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bandersnatch » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:02 am

Oh Ragnar.... :smt082 :smt082 :smt082 :smt082

You can come to my party any day. :lol:

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:34 am

I have a gang of mates in Michegan who are convinced I would make a good comedian. But it does not work wehen I TRY to do it. THAT'S the problem.

People likle Pratchett, Billy Conolly, or Jacky(?) Mason are great where it just rolls of their mind like rain off a window.

I just get these letters saying "GREAT!". I wish I knew I was doing it at the time I was doing it. :-?

raventears
Level 2
Level 2

Post by raventears » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:43 am

dude way to go it's funny you may have started the workings of world war three
jack skellington is my husband

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:31 pm

It's all quiet up to now, but I am watching the sky for wierd vapour trails from the South East. flyaway: :lol: