General Rants

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

General Rants

Post by Dark Waters » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:17 pm

A few things have driven me bonkers as of late - and I thought I'd share - Lucky you :lol:
Please specify which rant you'd like to respond too.

Rant #1

I needed a new alarm clock so I stopped by the local Wal-Mart to pick up a cheap but loud one. I went back to the electronics section but none were to be seen that weren't also meant to interface or replace every major piece of stereo or electronic gear in your house. So I ask the clerk and am directed to housewares amongst the bedding and curtains. I find the shelves now reduced to the size of an end-aisle display. And lo! even there is there such a thing as a simple buzz-BUZZ alarm clock? No! Everything is either Radio-control, GPS-set, Mini-weather station, relaxing sounds of nature, bio-glowing piece of techie-trash. sigh.

Rant #2

I was picking up a movie at Best Buy, and whilst standing in line I see the latest must have gaming accessory.
A fog-machine/light show console set meant to interact with the Guitar Hero/Rock Band gaming systems.
A FRIGGIN' FOG MACHINE TO USE WITH A VIDEO GAME! Aargh.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Re: General Rants

Post by Willow » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:55 am

LOL,I love rants like that.

Alarm clocks...yes they still do exist, we have one. Do you have sears down there? You mght have better lusk!

As for the fog machine....really? I thought that was only used at the first dance for really cheesy weddings!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:09 am

Dark Waters, I got my alarm clock, which has buzz and BUZZ for settings at Radio Shack.

This isn't exactly what I had, but it's close: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... Id=2123436

As for smoke machines, I've been in a rock band. I performed under the hot lights and we had smoke. It was a blast. I can't begrudge a 13 year old who wants to be a rock star that kind of feeling, despite the fact that I think it's a gigantic waste of money. Adults who want that thrill however... well who am I do tell them how to spend their money? Just a guy with opinions that they wouldn't like. :badgrin:
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arcanum Owl » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:08 pm

Chuckle, good ol' rants.
I feel that the "say anything guys" at southpark summed up the whole guitar hero fad rather well.
http://www.southparkzone.com/episodes/1 ... eer-o.html
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.