BEAMING!!!

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Ragnar

BEAMING!!!

Post by Ragnar » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:58 am

Had a full body scan today, which involves being injected with this radiation stuff and having photos taken.

GREAT.

Then I went back to work and was nearly arrested because I set off the radioactive substance alarms off!

Apparantly Government departments are really rather touchy about radioactive men with big beards in this day and age.:lol:

By the way, if half life is six hours, what is the FULL life of an isotope?

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: BEAMING!!!

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:10 am

Ah, body scans. Much fun! Stay away from the elderly and small children for a while ;)

This may be personal, but why did you have to get a full body scan? You doing all right? (Hilarious that you set off alarms!)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:07 am

Umm, is it OK to laugh at this? :-"

I hope you stop glowing soon, in the meantime, try hugging a potato really close to see if you can cook it!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:07 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote: This may be personal, but why did you have to get a full body scan? You doing all right? (Hilarious that you set off alarms!)
To do with the joints. Basically to see WHICH ones are effected by gout, and which are waiting to be. :-D All helps with this "dissability claim".
Willow wrote:Umm, is it OK to laugh at this? :-"
'COURSE it bloody is!! Gee, I thought you would know me better than that by now. :lol:

Lisa sais it's JUST in time for Jule. She can stick me on top of the tree and we don't need to use any electric to light it up. :sunny:

Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bandersnatch » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:11 pm

The full life of the isotope is forever - sort of

Do I win?

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:20 pm

Bandersnatch wrote:The full life of the isotope is forever - sort of

Do I win?
Sorry, not REALLY. O.K, you DRAW. Yes the isotope lives for ever, but it is not ACTIVE for it's whole life. Bit like men really.... :-#

Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bandersnatch » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:27 pm

Thanks...I'll take a draw.

I hope the results of this work out for you...whatever 'good' might be for you. After your post about the loss of hearing, I'm not sure what to wish you. :lol:

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:54 pm

Bandersnatch wrote: After your post about the loss of hearing, I'm not sure what to wish you. :lol:
Does not matter, I probably would not hear it. :lol: :lol:

This with the scan is actualy the result of a doctor that has actualy decided to get to the bottom of the problem, instead of just handing out pain killers. It also helps with the same thing the hearing helps with; the extra 10% on my dissability.

He is looking for joint inflamation, swelling, signs of arthritis etc. If they FIND that, I am STILL in the same position health wise as I am now. NONE of it makes my situation WORSE. All it DOES is put the damn thing in WRITTING. Which has not been done properly before.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:55 pm

Ragnar wrote:Lisa sais it's JUST in time for Jule. She can stick me on top of the tree and we don't need to use any electric to light it up. :sunny:
Well, you did hear how the angel got up there... :badgrin:
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:05 pm

Ahh....DID I?

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:04 pm

"It was supposed to be a happy time, but it wasn't. Santa was really p***ed. It was Christmas Eve and NOTHING was going right.

Mrs. Claus had burned all the Christmas cookies. The Elves were b****ing about not getting paid for the overtime they had put in while making toys, and the reindeer had been drinking all afternoon and were dead drunk. They had taken the sleigh out for a spin earlier in the day and crashed it into a tree, breaking off one of the runners.

Santa was beside himself with anger. "I CAN'T believe it! I've got to deliver millions of presents all over the world in just a few hours from now and all my reindeer are drunk, my Elves are on strike and I don't even have a Christmas tree! I sent that stupid Little Angel out HOURS a go to find a tree and he isn't even back yet! What am I going to do?"

Just then the Little Angel opened the front door and stepped in from the snowy night, dragging a Christmas tree.
He says: "Yo, Santa, where do you want me to stick the Christmas Tree this year???"

And thus the tradition of Angels perched atop the Christmas trees came to pass. . . ."
Crazy Healer Lady

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:48 pm

:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:12 am

:lol: :lol:

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:19 am

I love that story, my Dad used to tell it to me when I weas a kid...so meaningful! :badgrin:

You should market this Ragnar, there is an energy crisis after all.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:03 pm

Neuclear power has got bad rep in Germany, who got MOST of what the Ukraine had left over after Tschernobyl. :-?

But HAYYY, I just keep imagining me as Uncle Fester. :badgrin: