New Years Resolutions!

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

New Years Resolutions!

Post by Kitsune » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:03 am

Anybody got any?

Personally, I love making these, since they are ways I want to improve myself in the next year.

Mine?

1. Finish/Continue with my general writing endevors (I know have one book entering the editing stages, one book in the rough draft stages and my 2YN novel course, plus doing NaNoWriMo and NaNoEdMo later this year).

2. Continue to learn Japanese.

3. Loose some weight. (Not as big as my other resolutions, but I'll try)

4. Buy a House. (Not really a resolution, but definately a goal for the year, and thus included here)

5. Take more Bellydancing later this year.

So, what are yours? (or what are your comments about mine? :lol: )
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Re: New Years Resolutions!

Post by underlilith » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:20 am

get a first class pft (Physical fitness test), marine corps way of evaluating you on your fitness level (i curently have a second class :-( )

Got my tattoo! see my thread in the art gallery

read more of my books, learn more, and get more books lol (i love books :-D )

Get a car (with insurance lol)

Go to more heavy metal concerts

be more social

enroll in colledge (later, once i have a car lol, it's free cause i'm military anyways lol)

and generally improve upon myself.
"What is a god but a man who weilds the power of chaos?" - Peter Carroll

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:50 am

~Be fearless in business interaction
~Be fearless in general
~Take YTB over the top, past the point where I can quit my dayjob
~Continual self-healing
~Update my YouTube page with videos with new recipes twice per week, at least
~Update my forum with raw recipes and articles at least three times per week, and transfer everything over from the old one by the end of Jan 2009
~Begin my day with these morning questions:
Just for today...

*What can you create today?

* What can you do to make the world a better place today?

* What can you do to make someone feel incredible?

* What can you do to make you feel incredible?

* How can you make your world even better today?

* What is the single most important thing you can do to reach your health, wellness, and success goals today?

* What one thing, if you did it now, would make the biggest positive change in your life?

* What is one thing that you’ve been putting off for so long, and why is it important to you to do?

* How can you love more today?

* How can you give more today?

* What is the most incredible and healthy food you can put into your body today for amazing health, longevity, vitality, and energy?
If I begin my day this way, I know I can make 2009 very powerful. Good thread, Kitsune
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:01 pm

Well, I normally do not make resolutions but this year is different. There are quite a few areas that I would like to change.
*shrugs* I feel more hopeful and inspired.

1) Eat healthy and be healthy. I am tired of feeling and looking sluggish. The choices that I have been making in regards to nurishment have been unwise. Including some more fresh fruit and veggies along with plenty of water is part of my game plan.

2) Reintroduce my nature/meditative walks in the park. This is something that I cut out because of time constraints and high gasoline prices. I have found that these walks did contribute to a healthier state of mind and being so they need to come back.

3) Learn how to make espresso from my new espresso machine. These are way too expensive to go to a coffee house to get and I would be saving money. I really need to learn how to use the steam wand. Mostly I like green tea lattes made with Almond milk and coffee houses do not tend to have almond milk.

4) Read all the books that I bought within the past year that are sitting on my shelf collecting dust. Yeah, I have not even had time to do that. With this, I am not allowed to buy more books until I have read the ones I have.

5) Put effort into finding a new job....one that I like. It is time to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. Even though I just got the Assistant position, I still hate this job and company. The people who even shop there are annoying. Does someone really need a Giant (32oz) Cookies n' Cream milkshake at twelve o'clock at night on Friday? :evil:

6) Last but not least, I need to finish cleaning my home. I have busted my butt getting everything on the outside clean before Yule not it is time for the hidden stuff. I need to clean it and then keep it clean. I am not a dirty person and I even hate clutter or things not being organized. When things are clean and not cluttered I find that I can destress faster after a long hard day.

Bb
Lotus
:hug:
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:35 am

I love resolutions I tend to start mine on the solstice though

(1) Do a half marathon at the beginning of the summer and a triathalon at the end of the summer with my hubby
(2) Lose those last 5 pounds before my goal weight (see number 1)
(3) Expand my garden this summer to include some beans and carrots (I only have a patio to work with)
(4) Be more giving, the wedding made me really selfish and I want to give more, so I am volunteering at the local art gallery and trying to be there for my friends more
(5) Continue to develop a love of writing, I have been participating in the occasional creative writing group, blogging and working on a fantasy novel

I guess they are more goals than resolutions eh?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:13 pm

My advice, Lotus... Don't grow up! As a hit from '99 says, "Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to do with your
life…the most interesting people I know didn’t know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still don’t."

And it's entirely true...

Oh, and I had to throw up this list that a friend of mine put up for her resolutions on Live Journal. Brilliant!
My new years resolutions for 2009 -

1, Keep writing (every day, if poss)
2, Try and earn some money from writing fiction.
3, Not die (obvious, but valid. You never know)
4, Not get sacked (again, you never know, especially given the current economic climate and places like Woolworths and Zavvi and Johnathan James going bust.)
5, Get a passport
6, Get a boyfriend. A nice one this time, please.
7, Learn something new or start a new hobby (i'd like to learn the cello, but not sure due to monetary and spacial constraints)
8, Do the Robin Hood marathon
9, Go on a random trip round the country (might be a bit difficult without a car but what the hell)
10, Get back into amateur dramatics or start going to some kind of dance class
11, Cut down my swearing
12, Clean out my room
13, Stop complaining and try to concentrate on the good things in life instead of the bad.

I know that's a lot to be going on with, but that way I might actually do one or two of them. If i had to pick just a few, it would have to be:

1, Keep writing
2, Not die
3, Start a dance class or start doing drama again
4, Do the Robin hood marathon
5, Stop swearing so much
6, Try and be more positive
I love that "Not Die" is one of her resolutions. :lol: It may be a completely valid resolution, but it was so unexpected that I think it's just great!

I would respectfully ask to add "Not Die" to my resolutions, but being a pretty good clairvoyant means that I know I be dying this year (I have no guarantees about next year though! :-D ).
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews