ARGH! Car trouble on top of everything else!

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

ARGH! Car trouble on top of everything else!

Post by Kystar » Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:09 pm

Okay, guys, so you all know I'm set to go into surgery pretty much as soon as we hit '09. If that wasn't enough stress, my blazer's rear driver's side break line popped today when I was driving home from the grocery store!

I was lucky enough to pull over and not hit anything/anybody or be hit, but it put me straight into a panic attack when I pushed down on the break pedal and nothing happened but a red light popping up on my dash. Hubby found me moments later, got the truck limped over to a municipal parking lot, and will have it towed to a garage either tomorrow or Monday.

But, I swear, that's a scary thing! So, I'm just sort of on here to rant about the "if it isn't one thing, it's another!" b/c a few days ago, we had frozen pipes, and now car trouble, and a major surgery coming up...can I get a breather, please, divine?

Oh well. just ranting.
L8r.
K

PS - Hope everyone had a good Christmas.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Re: ARGH! Car trouble on top of everything else!

Post by underlilith » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:48 am

Sorry to hear that Kystar. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Good luck with all that frustration. If you haven't already, try lighting some lavender candles or something, whatever helps you to relax.

Best wishes,
underlilith
"What is a god but a man who weilds the power of chaos?" - Peter Carroll

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:31 am

Hubby got me dinner out, made sure I got a slightly alcoholic drink (not that drinking solves problems, mind, but sometimes it allows perspective!), and when we got home from the restaurant, he made me take a nap...so I've sort of de-stressed by now, but thanks.

He got the truck towed to a garage in our area that was open, so hopefully we'll have her back by next week. [-o<

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:40 pm

Sometimes the Divine has an odd sense of humour...

Mayhaps, she or Coyote is playing the old "Well, it couldn't get much worse" game... or is that Murphy's old game. Either way, sit back, relax, and grab yourself as many "new" used books as you can afford while you convolence. :lol: It'll be over either way soon enough, and then you won't have to worry at all! :GHug: :hug:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:28 pm

Wow, the troubles you have seen lately! I'm sorry hun. I hope it works out for the best and your car gets fixed asap!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:35 pm

I am sorry that I got to this late. :-( A very scary experience that could have been so much worse. I am very thankful to hear that everything will be fixed quickly and no serious harm was caused to you or anyone else. [-o<
The important thing is that there is someone there standing by you to make things feel better.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:31 pm

Calming thoughts your way, that must have been scary as heck.

But as for the drink, it doesn;t solve a problem, but it can calm you down a little to get you to a place where you can address your anxiety. I am glad you are OK though! :hug:
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:28 pm

Yes, that was scary as heck...and I'm hoping that I never deal with it again, but I know that I will. (Bad weather, future problems)

Blazer Dragon, as we call her, isn't going to be back in time for my surgery, she's going to be done next Wednesday or Thursday, which makes things difficult for Hubby b/c he has to find a way to get me from the hospital on Wednesday, and still get our truck, while not leaving me unattended at home.

But, at least I didn't hit anything, no one hit me, and it's fixable.

And, I tend to use chocolate more to de-stress than alcohol, but dang it, that situation was unprecedented and called for drastic measures (I also had dessert that night, so I really went all out!)

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:31 am

I'm glad you're OK.

I like to look at that type of situation like this: Well, it sucks that my car has to go into the shop, but I discovered it before it became a major problem and nobody got hurt. (Granted I do this after I'm done griping and moaning, but you get the idea.) As my Sapphire is always telling me, "If you can find a silver lining, then it's not as bad as it could be, so it's going to be OK."

She's a smart girl, my wife.

As for chocolate de-stressing, check the natural foods section of your local grocery chain for Green and Black's. It is the best organic chocolate for a good price that I've ever had - and they have many different varieties!
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake