Here is STUPID!!!

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Here is STUPID!!!

Post by Bandersnatch » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:46 am

They call it the Emerald Isle because its covered in moss...lol

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:22 pm

I thought that was Ireland?

MMmmmm rain ^__^ It's been raining nonstop here for weeks! Love it!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:34 pm

We've got snow!!!

Brilliant, isn't it! I love the snow, even if I have to walk to work through it again.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:14 am

I know, but I figured..august, can't be that bad. Apparently May is the sunny month, oppsite of here.

Anyway, it just gave me another place in the world I couldn't live, I used to dream of buying a litle writing house in scotland. I would have to go to Orkney I think, I really loved it there (I liked everywhere else too, but I connected with Orkney for some reason).

It was crazy, we were at one set of standing stones (I think the Ring of Brogdar (sp?) ring) and my husband, the total sceptic, was like whoa....I feel like some serious S*&^ went down here. When I got back, my old roommate saw the pictures and said she felt the same thing when she had visited there. Personally,<I felt kind of strange at the Calanais stones.

Skara brae and Maes howe were really cool and my husband had more than his fill of whiskey, we only bought one though because of the taxes (A cask strength that he got to bottle himself)

Oh, and by far the neatest thing, being in southern Scotland and finding graves with family names (Elliot, Nixon, Yonge, Armsrong) that date back to the 1600s, its hard to explain but here in Canada we have very few graveyards that old. We saw hermitage castle and got invited to an Elliot clan meet. It was strange to be there. However, now that everyone knows that my family on my Dad's side were definitely reivers, the jokes don't stop. Oh well, makes for interesting stories.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:16 am

Bandersnatch wrote:They call it the Emerald Isle because its covered in moss...lol
I note with interest that the stae of Canadian school geography at least EQUALS that of the U.S.

IRELAND is the emerald Isle. (ISLE is a CLUE here).

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:33 am

Meh, we all make mistakes.

in his (her?) defence, a somewhat disconcerting number of people in Scotland asked in *August* if we came to escape the snow.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:45 pm

And to put up a tiny defence for the people in scotland...

:hiding:

In Calgary, it does snow in August... Usually no more than once a decade though.

By far, the worst snowfall was the one that hit us late June... I happened to head out in a jeans and a tank top that day. Forgot my jacket, but it was nearly 15 degrees at the time. By the time I got home around 10 pm, there was snow falling and it was sitting near minus 5 C. :roll: The next day was a snow day, since we got 3 ft of snow that night.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:26 am

In 1972 it snowed in Wallasey, near Chester, one dinner time (Midday) in July. I was on my way home from school.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:43 am

oh yeah, I havewoken up with snow camping in quebec sometimes, but it is definitely not the norm in southern Ontario.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bandersnatch » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:44 am

Duh? :-k

Guess the jokes on me. I did know that but I am going to blame it on my hair colour today.