Here is STUPID!!!

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Ragnar

Here is STUPID!!!

Post by Ragnar » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:04 am

O.K people.

A wek or two back, I may be shocked some of you, ba saying that my hearing problem is a GOOD event.

I apprieciate that some, if not all of you STILL may not fully understand.

BUT today I heard probably the MOST..... I dunno, "sad", "ridiculous"....???? Story of my entire LIFE.

I was in central Berlin, having come from the doctors place that does computer imaging (CT?), etc, for my results. (Nothing except what we all thought. LOUD noise, bad hearing after.)

NOW. all over the Western world, we have stories of "welfare fiddlers(cheats)", but THIS takes the proverbial biscuit (Cookie to you Yanks).

Two women who had been collecting the "X ray" results of one of them were talking in the bus queue.

"THAT'S GREAT" sais one, "NOW you will be able to claim EVERYTHING from those Government bast***s"

"YEAH it's bloody GREAT. Now I will have all this money. And what do they know about lung cancer any way?"

Now, even though it does not make totalö sense, is THAT not the PRIME example of the depths to which humanity is willing to go, for a frrebee, that you have EVER heard???

You know, I nearly cried. THEN I thought, "sorry darling, you bloody DESERVE it".

(Which is NOT the same as wishing it on any one.)

HOW can ANY one be SO uterly STUPID???? :-?

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Here is STUPID!!!

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:11 pm

I hear there are young women there who continue to willingly get knocked up just for a free flat and spending money.

I nearly fell off my chair when I heard my sis was making enough to pay her rent and groceries on child tax benefits alone, plus child support from the donor. Meanwhile, my father in law is off work due to medical issues as am I, and we are both just barely scraping by. Ragnar, there's no money in being sick. We need to find a way for you to be pregnant. THEN you'll have the world by the tail. Ah, wait, no. You're married. Tough luck... #-o
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:16 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:I hear there are young women there who continue to willingly get knocked up just for a free flat and spending money.
That is a big discussion point in the U.K at the moment. Especially with ANOTHER child abuse case in the news, where the "parents" had never worked a day...etc, etc.
Meanwhile, my father in law is off work due to medical issues as am I, and we are both just barely scraping by. Ragnar, there's no money in being sick.
Welll, if I get my 50% dissability, then I get at least two thirds more money than now. I get free travel all over Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and half price in Denmark and Holland. I can get a car for 60% cheaper than shelf price, with tax/insurance and safety test paid for by the Government. Plus many other benefits. So it really depends on which country, AND a good advisor.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:22 pm

... My jaw just hit the floor.

OK - Maybe you can make money being sick. Wow, good for you! YOU are definitely one of those who deserve it! Not least of all because you were busy fighting pirates. =D> =D>
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:35 pm

The main thing that interests me though (I am not interested in having a car), is the fact that so many more jobs are open to someone with 50% than to people without, or like me at the moment, with only 40%.

I have all the forms together to apply for the extra 10%. I now just have to wait for an appointment, then the results. Which CAN take 18 months.

Wonder if you get it back dated????

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:15 am

We have welfare momas here in the States as well. Pretty sad actually and the kids do suffer.

It is a little bit bewildering how the system works (regardless of the Nation State). I am all about people who need/deserve it and not abusing the system.

bb,
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:35 am

The system will ALWAYS be abused.

But I would rather see people that need it, get it, than those that do not, be stopped. Because if the abusers are stopped, then the needy are also.

Swings and roundabouits.

People who abuse the system should be hung out to dry. Because iot spoils it for the genuine cases.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:52 am

Same here, the system gets abused, but I am glad it is there for the people who do truly need it.

They can be pretty crazy though, when my Grandma hit her shoulder at work she needed to go on disability. For some reason,t hey though it really odd that a 59 year old woman with the early stages of osteoporosis would take five months to heal an upper arm break (fyi, my foot break tool almost 4 months to heal and I have the opposite of osteoporosis).

. So she was in her house one day, puttering around when she heard a noise outside in the bushes. My family being my family she grabbed the closest frying pan and went outside only to find a man with a camera in her yard. The insurance company had hired a Private investigator to watch her to make sure she wasn't faking.

I was like, OK? They will pay thousands of dollars to follow an old lady around instead of just giving her the same amount of money to make her heal? Then they tried to argue that if she was strong enough to cook dinner she was strong enough to return to work on full duties. Yes, because flipping an egg at supper totally equals 8 hours repetitive work on heavy machinery.

I think systems are just messed up.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:43 am

Had a mate in Britain who had a motorcycle accedent and lost the lower part of his left leg, the lower part of his right arm, (Which makes it pretty damn awkward to use a walking stick/crutch), one lung, and half a kidney.

The local health department, after two years decided he was "fit for his normal occupation, as..........SCAFFOLD errector and Brick hod carrier"!!!!!

Now once the claim is turned down, your G.P (General family doctor) can not even give you a sick note any more!

He went to appeal after appeal, and NEVER got the decission reversed, and was expected by the welfare department to apply for every building site job that came on the boards, even on occassion having his welfare stopped for a month or two, because the welfare considered that he had "not conducted himself in a way that was condusive to obtaining work", at the interviews!

THEIR words "You are forbidden to tell a prospective boss that you have a dissability".

This is EXACTLY the problem I have here. I am not supossed to put on the form that I have 40% dissability, but am supossed to turn up at the interview and make a good impression.

As I said to the welfare case worker, and the Immigration/cititenship case worker, "What you want me to do, hide the walking stick up my ass when I go for interview, or what?"

I some times wonder what the weather is like on whatever planet these welfare workers live on.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:49 am

Probably sunny all the time.

It's really the fault of the individual...I mean with hard work and determination any one can overcome the fact they have a missing limb...right? :roll:

Why, I am suprised your friend isn't running marathons and teahing knitting classes as we speak.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:12 am

Well people DO go and spoil things by actualy RUNNING marathons with one leg, and the "authorities" then see that as a "norm".

Sometimes wonder if things like the "para olympics" are doing the disabled more harm than good.

And is it me or have you not been arround for a while Willow?

IF it is not just me HHHHIIII!!!! :wav:

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:49 pm

I check about 3 times a week, but I don't always post. I have been busy with school as always....how far back does your missing info go? Did you know I got married and was away in Scotland for a month on a honeymoon? Since then I have been catching up at school and kepping busy teaching.

I dunno, lots of interesting stuff on the boards I just haven't felt like I have had that much to add.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:12 am

I SEEM to remember you had JUST come back, and were about to post photos.

How was it?

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:19 am

Great, I posted wedding photos but have been unable to post honeymoon photos (except on facebook).

FYI, Scotland is very wet. My next honeymoon will definitely be a sunny one.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:31 am

Willow wrote: FYI, Scotland is very wet. .
NOOO REALLY? doiknow: :lol: