Cookie Lee Jewelry

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Cookie Lee Jewelry

Post by FyreGarnet » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:21 pm

I'm now selling Cookie Lee jewelry. I decided to go back to school and wanted something that would give me the freedom of that, while not killing myself like retail did.

I didn't put this is the blessings, because it isn't terribly important, but I'm having a bit of a hard time getting started and would like some ideas on how to maybe get more sales. We do jewelry parties, but my hard part right now is getting the parties booked. I don't know if anyone can help me with this, but I figure I can post it here. I have a website, but it hasn't generated any leads so far. It is: www.cookielee.biz/sheenasampsel

So I'm just asking for any advice, especially from those that might have done something similar before.
Hugs
FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Cookie Lee Jewelry

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:45 pm

Market, market, market. Oh my word, tell everyone. Random people on the bus, friends you run into that you haven't seen in a while.

"Fyre-Garnet! Hi! Wow, how have you been?"

"I've been great! I'm selling this FANTASTIC product called Cookielee! I'm having so much fun with it, and it is so rewarding to be able to offer such fine quality jewellry for such a low price. And the new stuff they have out! WOW!"

As you get talking about it, ask at some point, "HEY, you should book a party some time! It's a great way to get free merchandise" "Yeah I really should." "Hmmm. The first and second weeks of December, I have a few openings."

Completely feel confident, act confident, and get back to your clients. Phone up old clients every three months or so, letting them know that you're putting an order in on so and so date (about a week in advace). Do they need anything for Christmas gifts?

A big thing, also, is the way you speak and what you say. Instead of, "Hey, would you like to book a party?" say, "HEY! You should book a party!"

That, and bringing it up at every opportunity, are the best bits of advice I can give. Put your name out there! Be fearless! Also... Your enthusiasm will show through, and that more than anything keeps people pumped, so stay positive :)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:49 pm

*sigh* I'm having a hard time getting started. So far, in the last month and a half, I've maybe sold $350 in jewelry. I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or if it is the time of the year. I've had a few parties, but I get so frustrated when people say they will come, and they never show up. If you aren't sure you can make it, just say so!

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to ramp up the business? Every time I talk to someone, they act interested only until they find out I'm selling jewelry.

I'm just feeling a little down, because I expected for this to be able to give me enough income to get by on, with all my husband makes, and make it through school with student loans.

Thanks
FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:01 pm

*GASP* $350 in your first month and a half is HUGE!!!!!!!! Are you KIDDING me?? You just started! You haven't even fully built up a clientelle yet! Holy smokes!

OK. Out of 20 people who say they will show up, eight will. No joke.

I'm not sure how the party thing goes, but if you have someone else hosting, REALLY coach your hostess. Phone them immediately after booking, a month before the party (if booked that far in advance), 2 weeks, one week, and 3 days before hand. It sounds like a lot, but believe me, they need it. Ask them how many they have invited. "10." "Oh, THAT'S A GREAT START." That sentence shock them into thinking, "Omg, I'm behind. I need to invite more!"

Market, market, market.

You'll do great :) You're learning, too!! You've only started, and you've made a bit of holiday money out of your commission.

The only problem is, jewellry is not a consumable market. You'll want to really bring your business to older women who have grandchildren who are graduating, or have birthdays, and the holidays are always a good time. With a consumable market, you can really get by on a limited number of customers. With a non-consumable, you will really want to spread your area of influence as far as possible. That's great, though, because that gives you a better ability to have your name spread through word of mouth.

Hope this helps. Stick it out! Business is all about what you put into it.

I also really recommend affirmations, and GOAL SETTING. Name them. There is power in putting the ethereal (ideas, words) on to paper. You are literally manifesting them, taking the first step. Goal setting is one of those wonderful things where 20% of the work gives you 80% of the result. Also, in naming your goals, look back and list 10 things in the last while that you have accomplished already, not necessarily work or business-related. It helps you to realize that, yeah, you CAN do these things.

:hug: Everyone starts out small! Rome wasn't built in a day :)
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:08 pm

I guess I just figured I wasn't doing that well. Cuz there is this quickstart program that the company has. In the first month you sign up, and the next one, you should buy $1000 in jewelry. Then they will give you $100 in jewelry for free. The second month is $650, and they will give you $200, then the third month is $650 and they will give you $400. So maybe these are unrealistic goals. Especially because December is a short month for the company, only 22 days.

I just keep trying, because I made the decision to do this. I need to prove to, not only myself, but a few people who were against it, that I can do it. Plus, it gives me the ability to work around my school schedule. BTW, might not have mentioned the going back to school thing. Probably should post that some time tonight!! So those that don't want to look at Cookie Lee will read it. LOL

Thanks for the encouragement. It always helps to have a small business owner to chat with. They understand this a little more :)

FyreGarnet

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:16 pm

Good start. $350 is a really good jump. My first month for PartyLite was $60 since I only got one party. I know that those companies really do set unreasonable goals for the start-ups! PartyLite tries to push you too, in crazy ways. (I tried doing it...couldn't drive so I couldn't do parties, then re-enrolled when I got my license, but my back went to crap...so I'm putting it off until after I'm healed.)

Good luck with this! And good luck with school! :Luck: :Luck: :Luck:

PS - Do they have any really GOOD gypsy-style jewelry? :lol: Me and a sister-in-spirit are ALWAYS looking for good gypsy jewelry.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:52 am

Ooooo, gypsy jewellry...

Yeah they do have unrealistic goals. They ARE possible, but only for those really dedicated and with a lot of contacts already.

I do have to say, YTB is the best I've found so far. Guh, for anyone who made $5000 in travels in the YEAR (which is easy, and I *could* have done if I'd started, say, in January, or last year or earlier), they are giving a $5000 bonus. You also get a $1000 bonus if 3 people sign up under you, at any time.

PLUS PLUS (and this is just me getting excited) when I do my TICO exams (free, otherwise would cost a few hundred) to become an official travel agent instead of travel affiliate, I will be going on FREE cruises and vacations with one other person (the S.O. or one of my girlfriends) who also gets it free.

Anyway, yeah, the starting challenges are always crazy. They want to make a profit from you, and in giving free prizes and such, they want to make sure they're getting their money's worth. Also, so many people sign up for these things for the starter packages or half-into it, and they want to inspire you to take it to a business level and promote the product. So no worries.

In my first two months in Epicure, I made, I think, $100. That's about $250 in bonusable sales. Their starting challenge was $500 the first month, $750 the second, $1000 the third. It's just not easy to make that starting out when you don't even have a clientelle.
Crazy Healer Lady

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:05 pm

So I'm trying to come up with an email account that doesn't have my name in it. Right now, I get one from Cookie Lee, but it has my full name in it. I want to post something on my car, like a sticker, and a little contact info. But my husband and his father work at the jail. Plus with my future in Forensics, I could be working in that same area. We are worried about inmates seeing the last name Sampsel, connecting the two, and doing something to my car, or me even.

I have a story for you. Mind you, this doesn't happen often, so don't freak out about it. But there was an inmate that escaped and he stole one of the deputy's trucks. He didn't really like this specific deputy and he destroyed the truck. Some of the inmates have friends on the outside. And we just want to protect ourselves as much as possible.

So I need some help. I want an account that is memorable, but no too long. I think I have to be careful using the Cookie Lee name, because of trademark things. But I bet I could use "CL" in there. Or maybe just Cookie. So do you all have any ideas?

FyreGarnet

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:24 pm

Does Cookie Lee have any car decos you could add? I have a few Epicure signs on mine, bought for $2.50CND/sticker. If you just put your phone number down as well, that might be helpful, and keep names off. If you're a Cookie Lee Consultant, there should be no issues about using the name to promote your Cookie Lee business. If you're worried, contact Cookie Lee and speak with a rep. :)
Crazy Healer Lady

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:51 pm

I have a Cookie Lee sticker, but I want to put contact info on. So I thought I'd do my phone number and an email address. People who remember numbers will call me, and people who remember names and stuff will email me. I'm just trying to come up with an alternate email that doesn't have my full name in it, but is catchy enough for people to remember.

Plus, I have a car, so my back window isn't huge. So I don't want a long advert. on my back window.

FyreGarnet

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:10 pm

OH!! Jeez! The email might have issues, is what you meant!! Where is my head today?! I don't think there would be a problem. My Epicure email, for instance, is [email protected]. You could do yournameforcookielee @ hotmail.com (or gmail) (written with capitols so that it's YournameAtCookieLee @ homail.com) and only do your first name? I really don't see an issue with that, but call the company if you're worried. Some find hotmail unprofessional, and so go for gmail, but I've seen many many professional and successful people with hotmail accounts.
Crazy Healer Lady

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:58 pm

Well, when I tried doing a jewelry business within my ren faire circles, I used gypsy_star_kystar @ hotmail.com (Junk mail account now!) since my business venture was Gypsy Star Accessories (it was only jewelry I made...so no big deal)

You could use Cookie_Lee with your initials or CookieLeeJewelry(Initials) @ whatever.com

Dunno...good luck.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:17 am

So my friend and I did some brainstorming and we came up with a number of email addresses. I thought I'd list them here and see what people think.

inner.jewel
cookielee.sparkle
cookielee.elegance
beautiful.indulgences
jewel.of.your.collection

Now I like the cookielee in there because it reiterates the company name. My husband likes inner.jewel, but things beautiful.indulgences would be too hard for people to spell.

So what do you like? So you have any other suggestions?

FyreGarnet

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:51 pm

I like Inner Jewel myself. Remember that you can keep the period out of there and post it as InnerJewel, and it will still take you to [email protected] Inner Jewel is eye-catching and self-empowering, which is a great manifesting tool, as well.
Crazy Healer Lady