I'M IN ARTILLERY!"!!

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Ragnar

I'M IN ARTILLERY!"!!

Post by Ragnar » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:18 am

HEYYY You will all have to now SHOUT!!!!

After a deck explosion of a torpedo last month, I am now registered deaf (80%) in my left ear. (Had the doctors test today)

"Deck explosions" happen about five times per year. (ALL ships included. NOT 5 on one ship).

What happens is the warhead explodes either in tube, OR VERY shortly after launch.

LUCKILY ours happened .324 seconds after leaving the tube. IN tube means a couple of long black cars and a nice polished wooden box.

However this means that FINALLY I can get my 50% dissability. Which means I can get promoted at work.

Life is BOLLOX. You need to get worse to get better?????

Strange but true.

Ragnar.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: I'M IN ARTILLERY!"!!

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:59 pm

Wow, sorry to hear about your hearing :( Congrats on the promotion and disability, though! After all the hoops you've had to jump through... Ah the systems make no sense to me, no matter the country!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:52 pm

Is it weird to congratulate somebody for such an unfortunate thing as losing their hearing?

Congratulations on the promotion and the increase to your payments, though. There is always balance.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:52 am

davisherm wrote:Is it weird to congratulate somebody for such an unfortunate thing as losing their hearing?
Ach! I have another ear, and it is only 80% in the left one. Still 99% good in the right. So it is not as if I need a guide dog or anything. :lol:

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:24 am

I think I'm confused :-? ... But if you're happy, I'm happy. :-D Although it does suck to have to lose an arm the get a pay raise, or an ear, or what ever 'they' deem worthy of an extra $3.50. Sorry for the hearing loss, but congrats on the job. :hug:
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:02 am

forgotten oceans wrote:I think I'm confused :-? ... But if you're happy, I'm happy. :-D Although it does suck to have to lose an arm the get a pay raise, or an ear, or what ever 'they' deem worthy of an extra $3.50. Sorry for the hearing loss, but congrats on the job. :hug:
You tell me. I am JUST as confussed.There is a book that is about 800 sides,10 or 11 entries per side, of jobs that are open to people with 50% or more dissability. I have been wandering around with 40%. Which means I do not have access to the jobs in the book, but equally, a boss will take one look at the fact I have 40% dissability, and react like someone with serious hay fever when thrown into a hay barn. (I did it to my Sister once. I KNOW what happens. \:D/ ).

The thing is, the extra 10% does NOTHING to make my circumstances worse! I mean I am NOT 10% more dissabled than I was before, EXCEPT by the Government rules. If I was a sonar operator, or radio wallah, then I could have trouble, but as my job does not involve such delicate hearing, then I have no problems.

Yes, it is STILL confussing. But we are talking Government rules here. If they were not confussing, they would be forced to have an election. :lol:

Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bandersnatch » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:59 am

I guess you don't know what you can't hear. Perhaps we should be sending our condolences to the people who have to talk to you? :roll:

Anyway, I'm glad things worked out for you. =D> I'M GLAD THINGS WORKED OUT FOR YOU.

Sorry, just kidding.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:15 am

Bandersnatch wrote:I guess you don't know what you can't hear. Perhaps we should be sending our condolences to the people who have to talk to you? :roll:
My Wife sais she has noticed no difference. :roll:

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:02 pm

Well, I am not exactly sure what to write.
Yep, good deal of confusion.

If you are happy then I am happy.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:19 pm

I have heard that deafness is the key to a long marriage :badgrin:

Congrats on the disability though, good to hear things worked out for the better after getting worse.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:37 am

I was singing to my self whilst taking out the rubbish last night. My Wife sais "Hay, THAT'S good, at least you are now only HALF tone deaf!" :lol: :lol:

I THINK that was a compliment....??? :-?

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:10 am

Aha! It is a blessing! Now you can serenade her!

Whether she agrees it's a blessing or not, does not negate it. :lol:
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Librarian
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Librarian » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:59 pm

CONGRATULATIONS! :-k
-----
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/weygold
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gweygold
Home: http://www.weygold.com/