Kitsune's finally put up Wedding Pics

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Kitsune's finally put up Wedding Pics

Post by Kitsune » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:00 pm

Okay, I finally got a few of our pictures to put up... Lets see if it works.

Here's a good shot to start it all off. I have Crazy to thank for working the photoshopping.

Here's a full length picture of me in my Handfasting gown.

Here is a picture of our site.

I just love the way this one turned out.

This is me and my hand maiden on the left, with Crazy as our officient on the right.

The official picture...

And then the truth!

Hey, he's my husband, and I'll beat him if I please. LOL!

A picture of the cake that I insisted was worth almost any cost.

The wedding couple by the river, not more than a hundred feet from our ritual site.

And the absolute truth caught on film, I am obviously a celestial from heaven, and Grimwell is obviously from the depths of tartarus.

And that's it... What do you think?
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Kitsune's finally put up Wedding Pics

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:38 pm

YAY! Glad they're up! I'm touched that you put the photoshopped one up :) Since that one, I made a few more of other couples with that same backdrop, because I liked so much how you two looked!

It was a beautiful handfasting :) Once again I am really honoured that I could bear witness to such an event. (And the tears come so quickly... ha!)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:44 pm

Wow!!! So pretty!!! And you're right, the cake does look worth it's weight in gold. :lol: Congrats and many blessings!! :hug:
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bandersnatch » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:50 am

Beautiful...and you both look so happy.

I sending my best wishes. May the best of your past be the worst of your future. Congratulations

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:59 am

Well it's about time!

Great pictures you two! You both look very happy and what wonderful place to make it official!
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:04 am

Oh my word, I love your dress and your cake is a thing of beauty. As are you my dear.

I love the pics and you both look so happy!
Best wishes for both of you!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:55 pm

Thank you so much everyone... I finally figured I'd better just put some up before I procrastinated forever. :roll:

It was a beautiful day though... The sun was out, and I'd planned it just perfectly. Just as 3 pm rolled around and we started the ritual the sun got just far enough to cover the whole area in dappled sunlight, through the leaves. It was perfect.

We had people in rafts floating on the river, and even they were well-wishing us... I am so very happy, and it was a perfect day!

I loved my dress, It was perfect, especially considering I got it for a steal! (amazing how cheap dresses are when you just ask for a dress, not a wedding dress ;) )
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:36 am

Dear Goddess!
I loved the dress!!!! @};-- @};-- @};-- Your hair was perfectly done and matched the design of the dress.
The cake is beautiful and looks really expensive. Yes, very impressive and propably tasted worth the price too. *yum*

My favorite pic is of you both near the river. Very loving.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:06 am

I agree, the river picture is the best. Flowing water is always great energy to begin with and just the looks on your faces!
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:15 pm

I sat down for nearly an hour and a half to get that hairstyle.

Quite honestly the woman wasn't certain it could be done on real hair. Apparently the picture I'd brought in was of a wig. :lol:

The whole hair experiance really reminded me of a quote from the book Memoirs of a Geisha. The main character Sayuri is having her hair done Geisha-style for the first time.

"It says a great deal about how civilized we human beings are, that a young girl can willingly sit and allow a grown man to comb wax through her hair without doing anything more than whimpering quietly to herself. If you tried such a thing with a dog, it would bite you so much you'd be able to see through your hands."

:lol: :roll: :lol:

No wax for mine, but I did have an awful lot of liquid hairspray on (the regular aresohl stuff wasn't strong enough). I'm so pleased though, it looked perfect when it was done.

The river was actually one of the best points of the location... even if a lot of people were river rafting at the time. The day was warm without being too hot, sunny without being blinding and the river and space themselves were beaming about being involved. It was a perfect day! (have I said that too much now... :-" I just don't have any other way to describe it.)

Once again everybody, thank you for your well wishes, and blessings.

For the women out there, I ordered my dress from a place online. It was a custom order for me, and they were more than happy to offer me a cost for the completely unique custom order, before ordering. I should mention the price didn't change after I'd agreed and asked them to make it either. They are reasonably priced (my dress and my husband's outfit as well as the best mans were ordered from there, and they're all good quality silk), they do custom orders, and I've never had to wait more than two weeks to recieve my items. Brillant company, If anyone wants a link, let me know!
Last edited by Kitsune on Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:09 am

Congrats Kitsune \:D/ Lovely pictures. Everybody looked good and I must say that the river reminded me of a getaway I use to go to in my youth. That wedding cake is really unique looking. I tip my hat to the person who decorated it. It was a work of art. Many blessing to both of you :-D

John
social
If more of us valued food and cheer and song
above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- J. R. R. Tolkien