SHHHH!!! He is BACK!!!

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Ragnar

Re: SHHHH!!! He is BACK!!!

Post by Ragnar » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:39 am

Aye. I am pretty lucky with Lisa. No trace of jealousy. Unlike my first Wife who could tell how much change you had in your pocket from the sound of the jingle at 20 yards, which made even going for a pint with the lads after work an excuse making session for an hour or two.

Thanks for the info on the avatare Davisherm. Basically from this side of the pond, the U.S elections do not mean THAT much.
(ACTUALLY because we cant bloody understand them!!! :-" :-# (What can you expect from a country that nicked rounderts and called it "baseball", hijacked net ball and called it "basket ball" and finally stole rugby and called it "football" though?))

Basically it is a year or whatever of nothing else in the news, then three weeks after the President is installed, we go back to tzhe normal hate fest that the press have hear against ANY U.S Pres.

There were only two exceptions, Roosevelt after Pearl, and Kennedy. But even Kennedy's popularity started to evaporste, and would have gone the same way as Boy George if they had not arranged for the Martians to kidnap him and make it look like an assasination. ( :roll: :-D ).

Oh aye. Talking of uniforms, I am waiting to see my mate from the navy. Apparantly he has a photo of me in navy uniform. The ONLY one to exist as far as I know.

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:01 pm

You're welcome Rangar. I figured the rest of the world is only paying attention because it means somebody other than Georgie Jr. is going to win. Honestly, the elections mean almost as little over here. Whichever way it goes, somebody with rich and powerful friends is going to be the president. I just hope it's the guy who says he's going to make some changes when he gets that office.

A wife who knows no jealousy is a gift from the gods, my friend. I'm sure that I don't need to tell you to treasure her.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:14 pm

davisherm wrote: A wife who knows no jealousy is a gift from the gods, my friend. I'm sure that I don't need to tell you to treasure her.
Ah and so is a man :roll: They can learn, mind, they can learn, with enough black eyes. :badgrin:
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:11 pm

HHiiiiiiiiiiii Ragnar! :-D
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:10 am

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:Ah and so is a man :roll: They can learn, mind, they can learn, with enough black eyes. :badgrin:
LOL ... What she said :-D ;)
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:04 am

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:
davisherm wrote: A wife who knows no jealousy is a gift from the gods, my friend. I'm sure that I don't need to tell you to treasure her.
Ah and so is a man :roll: They can learn, mind, they can learn, with enough black eyes. :badgrin:
:lol: I haven't had to worry about any black eyes, but my Sapphire showed me a long time ago that I had no reason to ever worry. Unless Jonathan Rhys Meyers (King Henry from The Tudors) comes out of the TV and sweeps her away, I don't have anything to worry about.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:48 am

davisherm wrote: Unless Jonathan Rhys Meyers (King Henry from The Tudors) comes out of the TV and sweeps her away, I don't have anything to worry about.
OCH, theres a whole LIST of those. Aramis from the three muskateers, or was it the new man in the iron mask? Any way him. Lisa goes all "goggy eyed" when he is on T.V for one. Jack Sparrow is another. :-# :-?

HIIIII Windwalker, and all the others, White Harmony, etc.

Na. I was told before I went away.... afew MINUTES before actualy, that it was either for a course, or sea time. NOW they tell me they want me to do the course as WELL!!

LUCKILY it is only half an hour by local train, but still taking great pieces of my "recovery" time out of my week. :roll:

All to do with new surveillance procedures and methods that have recently come into effect. :sleepy1: :sleepy2: :smt100

In a couple of weeks we have practicals though. THAT should be good. \:D/

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:02 am

Ah poor Ragnar... To compete with Jack Sparrow (essentially, Johnny "the Shapeshifter" Depp) is a tough break.

And a course to boot! I'm sure you'll make it worth their while :badgrin: :-" Great fun, these course leaders. :-$
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:16 am

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:Ah poor Ragnar... To compete with Jack Sparrow (essentially, Johnny "the Shapeshifter" Depp) is a tough break.
Na well. I like to think I am mature enough to be able to admit, and to see how not only Women are good looking, but men as well. For example George Clooney, Sean Connery, etc, I can see WHY Women like them.

THAT, I will have you know is as far as it goes. [-X :lol:

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:13 am

That is mature! My SO just gets upset because I like to watch Christian Bale movies, and jealous of my male friends. Hey, I can't help if Bale is an amazing actor who is only in incredible movies, AND is a beautiful (vegetarian, female and animal rights activist) specimen of a human being. :-" :roll:

It is very rare in many parts to find an individual who is willing to look at the same sex and say, "Hey, all right, I can appreciate this." I suppose it's the dreaded fear of "Catching Gay" that stops most people from dropping the limitations of our physicality and society's boundaries and appreciating the human body for what it is - whether or not you are "attracted" to the same sex.
Crazy Healer Lady

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:22 am

LOL, I know, I told John I have a list of five people who I can be with for a weekend and they do nt count as cheating...aaragorn is number One! (Bless him, he could only come up with two for his list...Halle Berry, the man has good taste).

Men in uniform...yes,I love the pre-crazy pictures of Tom Cruise in uniform, and if I do say so myself, women in uniform don't look half bad either.

Love the stories BTW, I have been told that Germans don't respect women, bah, I hate when people make generalizations like that.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:29 am

You've heard Germans don't respect women? Every German woman I know is a fiesty, fierce thing, and every German man I know is afraid of them! But then again, the generalizations. I'll go back to m'igloo, eh.
Crazy Healer Lady

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:30 am

Uncle Ragnar!!! It's good to see you alive and beating up pirates. :lol:
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:36 pm

forgotten oceans wrote:Uncle Ragnar!!! It's good to see you alive
Thank you. :-D
and beating up pirates. :lol:
WE don't do that, we hand them over to the Somalii police and THEY do that. WHEN the local villiage chief is not himself a pirste. Which happens quite often. OR he is taking lots of "keep quiet money2 from them.

That's why the only real solution is to blow the boats out of the water. But they are normally smart enough not to give us an excuse under the rules of engagement to do that, ie, they do not shoot at us....NORMALLY, some do, or handle their boats in a way likely to be considered a reasonable threat.

The Australians, I may add, have a VERY loose interpretation of what "in a way likely to be considered a reasonable threat." actualy MEANS.

GREAT lot the Ausies. :lol:

daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by daibanjo » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:39 pm

Ragnar old friend it's good to see you back. :-D
Reading some of the other posts I got to say my wife has quite a list. it started when we saw that movie with Robert Redford "Indecent Proposal" Where he offers a guy a milion bucks to have his wife for the weekend. I asked my missus if she would sleep with Robert Redford for a million dollars. She told me it wouldn't have to be a million. Then she made a list of all the movie stars she would sleep with, I'm just glad she drew the line at Danny DeVito. The only one I could come up with :oops: so to speak, is Jessica Rabbit. It gets worse though. In 2002 I went to Utah to work for the Olympics committee during the winter olympics. Before going I complained that I would have to go four weeks without sex. She replied "Well, maybe you do."
She gives me no mercy.
Still, it's good to see you back on the board.
It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end.