SHHHH!!! He is BACK!!!

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Ragnar

SHHHH!!! He is BACK!!!

Post by Ragnar » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:26 am

Morning all!

Got back a few days earlier than I thought due to a threatening attack of gout.

Been down off the coast of Somalia chasing pirates with the French, Britisah, Canadian and Australian navy's.

Good fun but MUCH too warm.

Trust you have all looked after the place? WELL, I see it is still here, so whatever could not have been that bad.

Being doing a bit of thinking about the runes as well, whilst away. I will write up my results and post them if they are suioted for family entertainment. :lol:

Any way glad to be back, and seriously refreshed after being further South than I have EVER been before in my life. :roll:

P.S. I am away for the weekend #-o #-o #-o #-o

Fighting the French in Leipzig.

PROBABLY see you all properly Monday. (GIVEN that my bloody gout goes away.)

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Re: SHHHH!!! He is BACK!!!

Post by davisherm » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:59 pm

Somehow, when I saw the pirates on the news, I had a feeling you'd end up in the mix.

Welcome back! It's good to see you 'round these parts again.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:00 pm

:hug: :hug:

I've been thinking about you quite a bit, Ragnar! Glad to see you're safe and sound! Welcome back!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bandersnatch » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:17 pm

We missed you...glad to see your back safe and somewhat sound. :hug: Get well soon. We need you to stir the pot. \:D/

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:38 pm

Hmm, Ragnar vs. pirates, I bet there are a lot of pirates running for their lives right now! :axe:

Welcome back and good luck on the gout. it is oktoberfest here this weekend and I was thinking about you (and if it is celebrated there anything like it is here)
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:33 pm

Yayyy...Uncle Ragnar is back!!!!!! :-D
I could see you going after pirates. backoff: backoff: backoff:

:GHug:

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:53 pm

Welcome back! :hug:
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Librarian
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Librarian » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:27 pm

Oh great. Gotta hide the beer again. #-o
-----
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/weygold
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gweygold
Home: http://www.weygold.com/

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:26 pm

WooHoo! Uncle Ragnar came home! You're not allowed to hide the booze, Librarian! Rather, take out our stocks, and celebrate this felicitious occasion!

You know... Before November comes and I only stop in here once a week (if that)... I'm saving all my Love for my Novel! :badgrin: outtahere: flyaway:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:50 am

Hey, just spotted this. Welcome back Ragnar.
social
If more of us valued food and cheer and song
above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:45 am

Thanks all for the welcome back.

Had a great time over the weekend. REALLY different to what I have been doing "at work". Met a load of guys from WAY East in Siberia. Krasnoyarsk, or somewhere. Nine hours away by airoplane any way.

Was allowed to do battery seargeant major, in charge of two batteries, so 16 cannon.

Hmmm. You may all have to SHOUT for a while! :lol:

O.K, so I am about to climb into the bath, and then my bed. I will tell you all about the Siberian that took a fancy to Lisa tomorow. :-? :evil: :-k :lol:

Oh, and the witch that took a fancy to me. :-" O:)

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:42 pm

Sounds like a rousing tale! Can't wait to tilt back a couple mugs an have a listen.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:21 am

NOW I am awake again. \:D/

O.K. SO there were these Siberians. ONE of them thought Lisa is the best thing since sliced bread. The Lützowers saw this, as I was away sorting cannon crews. So the Lützowers got more and more....thoughtful. THEN Lisa figured she had had enough and told this Siberian where to go.

He did not understand and STILL did not give up. At which point 26 Lützowers stood as one, and went to have a serious word with this Siberian.

Strange. He understood that. (So I saw later. Two black eyes and a very apologetic demenour)

Cost me a bloody FORTUNE in beer for the Lützowers later though. #-o :-D

O.K. the witch.

She has a stall....na... it is more a cottage, where she sells clothing (Gothic and medeavil type), insences, does Tarot, you all know the personal type. (A lot of uss probably ARE that personal type. :lol: )

She is maybe 1 meter 70, slim, NICE shape, LONG black hair (NATURAL black) in MASSES of curls that appear to be permed, but are real., about 35 years old. Medeavil dress, with green silk reveals, black lace bodice,.....na ENOUGH of that. You know how it looks) Every year she has been getting closer and closer, when you all understand what I mean. ;)

Now I will admit, I am a typical man, and rather enjoyed the attention. However, for a witch she is not very....diplomatic. I was sitting next to Lisa on my right, and this Woman on my left, and Lisa heard every word.

Good enough for Lisa, she took it as funny, and then told the witch who SHE (Lisa) is. #-o

So it all ended on great terms, and now we are all "just friends", but it WAS rather flattering.

ALSO, I was on night watch. I was talking to a cavalry man who is one of these that does not believe in global warming.

The absolute TOTAL irony was lost on him, that we were having this conversation at 03:30 in the morning, in Leipzig (The coldest lowland place in Germany), in mid Oktober, in shirt sleeves, and we had just let the fire go out as we were too warm. ](*,)

HOW do you win against such BRILLIANCE, and clarity of thinking, as that?

P.S. Hey Davisherm what is the avatare?

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:24 am

Great Story, Ragnar! It sounds like your mates took care of things while you were away tending your duties. And my congratulations on the promotion!

As the witch, eh who could blame her? From what my wife tells, me it's hard to resist a man in uniform. Which is why I keep my BDU's in the back of the closet! :-"

My new avatar is the campaign symbol for Barack Obama, the Democratic nominee for President of the US. He seems to be the best choice for us right now. We'll know if a new days, no?

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:00 am

Ah, great story! That had me laughing for a good long while. Sounds like a great time. I can't blame the witch - men in uniform, and real men, especially those with charisma. I'm surprised this hasn't happened more often!

I just keep picturing you with a lady on either side :roll: :lol: =D> and the scores of men wishing they were you!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG