Mrs. Willow!

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Re: Mrs. Willow!

Post by FyreGarnet » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:09 pm

Mine was simply that it is shorter than my maiden name. My last name was Hemingway, and so now I don't get people asking me if I'm related to the author as well. I am, but I don't know how or where, so it really doesn't matter to me. So I don't get irritated by that question anymore :)

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

socialgreen
Level 5
Level 5

Post by socialgreen » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:10 pm

I extend thanks to all for welcoming me back to the forum. :-D
social
If more of us valued food and cheer and song
above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-- J. R. R. Tolkien

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:41 pm

Very interesting to hear your stories!! I do realize it's something that men in society have been raised with, however, he had broken the mold, and I thought it was broken for good. We'll have fun with this, I'm sure. ](*,)

Although my SO is very open-minded about many things, in a lot of ways we're both very traditional and very eclectic at the same time. The main reason I don't want to take his last name is because it is so common! Smith. SMITH! Jess Smith. Doesn't have a ring to it. I could be awful to myself and be Jess Knoxsmith. Ooo... Actually, I've been making fun of that option for the last six months. Seeing it written down actually looks neat... I still say we should both change our last names to, Izawsum. :badgrin:
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:43 am

LOL, I added my husbands as a middle name, I wanted to put it in a different spot though, i thought it would be cool if my initials spelled out S.V.E.N, but for now, they are S.E.V.N.

My So already has two middle names so he didn't take mine, he thinks five names might be a bit austentatious.

Interesting little fact though, did you know that judaism can only be transferred through the mother? So that If a woman marries a non-jewish man, it's OK, but if a man marries a non-jewish woman the religion is considered lost? I thought that was neat.. a matrilineal society (far more common than matriarchal).
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:06 pm

Very good point Willow but all is not lost in those cases. She can always convert! It's a somewhat arduous task, changing one's religion, but if your whole heart is in it, it's one that is always worth the effort.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

yellowbirch
Level 1
Level 1
Zodiac: Taurus

Post by yellowbirch » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:29 pm

Many Blessings to you willow~ I find thunder to be very calming as well. Natures energy is truly amazing. It sounds as though you are truly blessed.

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:55 am

*Sniff Sniff* you looked so beautiful and happy, It brought tears to my eyes. Those pictures were really awesome.

I heard somewhere, don't remember where but it says if it rains on your wedding day then your marriage is forever, LOL my first marriage it snowed, I don't think thats the same,

But On my second marriage it rained so it's all good.

Blessings upon you and yours

SageWolf :hug:
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:34 pm

LOL, they told us that all through scotland, it must be a scottish thing.

i know a few friends who have had rain on their wedding day, it sinèt the big deal everyone thinks it is. it actually makes for better photos and things are more special that way.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Maelroth
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Maelroth » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:17 am

Funny thing, it rained all week before our wedding day May 1st, 1994. But the storm broke just in time for our ceremony which was a good thing because we had our medieval costumes and all to consider if it didn't clear. All in all the officiating clergy said that we had more faith in the weather than anyone else.

We had reserved a Grecco-Roman type outdoor amphitheatre at a downtown public park and had relatives coming from all over for the celebration.

I know the common myth about May Day weddings(they don't last) [-X I've been properly papered for fourteen years now.
Course the wife said no to a Samhain Wedding( something about trick or treat for our anniversarys :lol: )

Congratulations, Blessings and Light to you on your journey together

"Without a good woman a man will amount to less" 8-)
Not all who wander are lost-Tolkien

Religion is like a finger pointing to the moon, we must not get so involved in the finger that we forget where it points.

Maelroth B*B!

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:42 pm

Thanks, I think superstitions need to be taken with a grain of salt, reallyI think the people in a marriage are way more important than the state of the weather on your wedding day.

Perhaps a better indicator would be how yor marriage weathers the weather? :roll:
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:07 pm

Me and Grimwell's Official Wedding day was actually April 1... April Fool's Day!

It's been our official anniversary since we started dated... I was asking him for a date for our one year, and said it was "around the beginning of April", and he suggested the first. I grimanced, but acceded. He later told me that he'd forgotten what April first was... but that my idea of our relationship being "a cosmic joke" sounded hilarious to him! :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:55 pm

Kitsune wrote:Me and Grimwell's Official Wedding day was actually April 1... April Fool's Day!

It's been our official anniversary since we started dated... I was asking him for a date for our one year, and said it was "around the beginning of April", and he suggested the first. I grimanced, but acceded. He later told me that he'd forgotten what April first was... but that my idea of our relationship being "a cosmic joke" sounded hilarious to him! :lol:

:lol: I thank you for celebrating my birthday with your wedding! You really shouldn't have! :lol:
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake