Mrs. Willow!

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Mrs. Willow!

Post by Willow » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:57 am

Hello all,
I am back from my honeymoon in Scotland. What an amazing time, I think I will have to do a separate post just about that. So this one will just be about the wedding.

Things went amazing, I completely tuned out all complainers, naggers and goofballs the night before the wedding. As such I walked though the day blissfully and actually managed to eat and have a little time to myself.

Highlights were the kids throwing birdseed when we walked in instead of when we left
Crazy thunder that punctuated our officiants sentences
Steeping on my dress and ripping my bustle therefore having an entourage of 20 women "fixing my butt"
Amazing wedding cake...would die for another piece i fit hadn't all been gobbled up!

I am posting a link with quite a few photos. I will leave it up for a month or two then take it down and you can them PM me if you want to see it!

Link is gone, PM me from now on for pics.

Thanks for all your blessings while I got ready...it was a great day and I slipped in my own little pagans (thanking my ancestors) a reading that was somewhat pagan and leafy jewelry that I felt represented some of my own beliefs about nature.
Last edited by Willow on Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Re: Mrs. Willow!

Post by FyreGarnet » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:10 am

Congratulations!!!

I'm glad it mostly went well.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:35 am

Sounds like a great day, Willow.
Thunder punctuating the ceremony!? Do you think it was a blessing or a warning to the world? LOL!

Everything looked beautiful!

Are you doing the silly tradition of the Anniversary Cake? I'm hoping ours doesn't taste like cardboard...*sigh*

(For those who don't know what I'm blathering about: There is a tradition where the top tier of the wedding cake is set aside during the Reception, after the cake is cut, and frozen. Then, on the 1 year anniversary, the couple unfreeze the cake and eat it. I'm not sure what the whole thing is supposed to signify, but I'm willing to bet it's derived from some old fertility rites or something. There's a superstition I've heard that says if the cake tastes as fresh and wonderful on the anniversary as it did on the wedding day, then the marriage is going to last. If it doesn't, you'll be divorced something like before your 5th anniversary.)

Can't wait to here about the honeymoon!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:10 pm

Oh Willow!!! I'm a sucker for weddings - they make me cry. I cried officianating! So don't feel badly when I say your pictures got the waterworks going. Willow, CONGRATULATIONS!! The pictures are beautiful! You're so beautiful, and are one of the most beautiful brides I've seen! I love the funny kid pictures - that little girl's wide eyes was so cute.

And thunder is a blessing, at least in my way of things. Lightning storms often happen in places of muggy energy as a way to clear and energize, and is seen by some cultures as Father Sky and Mother Earth making love. A wonderful way to celebrate your wedding! I love that it punctuated your officiant's sentences - very cool!

Ah nothing can get me hyper and girly like weddings and babies, so I will stop rambling now. Congratulations again! So beautiful!!!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Congratulations! And so we add another to our ranks, those of the married couples. :)

It's wonderful and exciting and I wish nothing but the best for you and John. :hug:
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:31 am

Thunder just means that there was a good deal of energy about. ;) :-D

You looked radient. There was a white haired guy in the picture that you look a good deal like, relative? If not then perhaps a similarity in souls.
The setting and everything was lovely....a dream wedding.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bandersnatch » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:17 am

Ditto...Beautiful wedding, beautiful bride and Congratulations. @};-- >:D<

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:21 pm

Thanks all, I was very happy with how everything looked out. My father and grandfather are in some of those photos so there are likely a lot of family resemblances, especially to men with white/grey hair. My Grandmother was the one in purple...I have to say I hope I look half that good when I am her age.

As for the cake there is a Newfoundland tradition to eat the cake at the Christening of your first child, so since John is Catholic we will save the cake for that... which I like because it is a fertility symbol (I will hopefully my own naming ceremony with some more understanding friends - all conjecture, no kids yet!). It will likely taste like cardboard but oh well, I'll pour more Brandy on it and hope for the best.

I definitely think the thunder was a blessing, I find thunder calming and I sometimes listen to thunder tracks instead of music so I think it was helping keep me calm and focused. It was just awesome, we were doing a reading and when the reading made its climatic point there was a huge crack of thunder, I can't even describe how cool it was.

Thanks all, I am still glowing and can't get over how darned HOT :-" John looked, I feel very blessed.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:09 pm

Willow wrote:Thanks all, I am still glowing and can't get over how darned HOT John looked, I feel very blessed.
Rawr ;) Must have been one heck of a wedding night!

And as for the brandy over the years-old wedding cake, well, brandy makes everything better, doesn't it?
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:02 pm

Beautiful! I've gotten almost no pictures back yet from our friends from my wedding yet! :-(

Honestly, how can I put up pictures when nobody is giving me any! :lol:

You had a gorgeous day though, truely beautiful. You both looked wonderful and sooo happy!

And Thunder on your day during your vows! A definate wow factor there! I'm glad it turned out so well for you! O:)
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:43 am

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:
Willow wrote:Thanks all, I am still glowing and can't get over how darned HOT John looked, I feel very blessed.
Rawr ;) Must have been one heck of a wedding night!

And as for the brandy over the years-old wedding cake, well, brandy makes everything better, doesn't it?
Bahahahahaha. I can't get over the RAWR. I can just see the look on your face as you're saying it!
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by daibanjo » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:22 pm

Wonderful pic's Willow what a wonderful start to your new life.
Blessings and joy on your new journey from me and the missus :-)
It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end.

Librarian
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Librarian » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:55 pm

Congratulations and Good Luck in the future! The photos show a couple who truly love one another. :GHug:

And a little more cake for you: :occasion6:
-----
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/weygold
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gweygold
Home: http://www.weygold.com/

Kathyj
Level 1
Level 1
Zodiac: Leo

Post by Kathyj » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:13 am

Blessed Be to you and yours Willow! The pictures were great, I am new here and don't really know anyone yet but the love and happiness in both your eyes speaks of a long and loving life together :-) Kat

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:53 am

Thanks, the rawr made me laugh too!

Don't worry about not knowing us Kathy, we still welcome the thanks!
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)