Breaktime for Bonzo

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Breaktime for Bonzo

Post by Dark Waters » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:01 pm

I am truly sad to say, I am going to have to take a break from the message boards for a bit, not just here but all the ones I am a part of, how long I am not sure.

I am currently going through a major insomnia phase, along with some personal problems, work around the home, and work at work. In fact for a while I was spending more time at my job on the various boards than doing actual work. While I still got the jobs done, I had to put in undocumented OT to cover the time I spent on the web.

To put it simply, I have to focus a little more on the real world and a little less on the virtual one.

Being out here isn't and never was a bad thing, I met many great people, had long and interesting discussions and made probably more "web friends" than I've ever had real friends at any time in my life.

I'll be back, have no fear, but I need to get my life a little straightened out first. I am sure you have all been through similar periods and can understand - that is one of the great things about being out here, meeting those who know what you have and are going through and can talk about it.

With eternal friendship and affection,

The Dark Waters

Douglas Charles DeGraw
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:58 pm

Get some sleep!

But seriously. Do what you need to do to take care of yourself and that which is important to you.

May the Gods smile on your path.

BB
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:27 pm

Good luck, Dark Waters!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:06 pm

Aye. Good luck. Get yourself sorted. We will still be here waiting for you.

Time on web. :-?

Aye. I spend too much time on it my self. Trouble is, that IS part of my job, so I am stuck with it. :roll:

underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Post by underlilith » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:51 am

Rest peacefully Dark Waters... we will be waiting for you when you return. :-D ;)
"What is a god but a man who weilds the power of chaos?" - Peter Carroll

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:22 am

I hope things come together for you soon, Dark Waters.

Many blessings.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:41 am

Good luck! I hope things work themselves out soon.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:31 pm

Have a good and restful break away.

Sometimes it is good to step back from everything.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:34 am

Good luck DW and have some good rest!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Re: Breaktime for Bonzo - OVER!

Post by Dark Waters » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:40 pm

The Tides of Time have risen and fell, and Lo! they have deposited a weary drifter upon your shores once again.

Many things in my life have changed since I left nearly a year ago. Notice I say "Changed" and not necessarily "Improved," but I think I can feel comfortable again spending time on the boards. I am further proud to say that the PL is the first, and so far only, I have come back home to. And this always did feel like home.

I have a new job within my company, as an Operations Center Technician instead of a Field Technician. Within a month I will be moving to my preferred Night Shift. It has odd hours - 12 hour shift (6 am/pm to 6 pm/am) but with rotating days (4 days on, 4 days off, 3 days on, 2 days off, etc.) - but it does mean a raise of about $3/hr, no out of town work, and better responsibility. It does have downsides too, but right now I feel they are worth it.

There are other things I will share about my real-world walkabout as time passes but I just wanted to greet you all once again with a great and heart-felt:

Blessed Be!
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Breaktime for Bonzo

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:02 pm

Uh oh! Here comes trouble!

Welcome back, mon ami :hug: Congrats on the new job and changes! Without change there is stagnation. First step to improvement!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:25 am

Good to see you back 'round these parts and very glad to hear about the change in job scenery!

Ah the night shift. I have fond memories of a nearly silent office, the only sound being the air coming out of the vents and the steady hum from the server room.

I got a lot of reading done on that shift.

And this time of year, you certainly can't beat working inside as opposed to working outside. Our field guys have had it pretty bad the last few weeks and winter is just gearing up.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:48 am

Welcome back, I am glad things are feeling more comfortable, even if they haven't necessarily improved.

I am not a night owl, but I know some people (like my sister) who thrive on midnight shifts, just make sure you take some extra vitamin D to make up for what you miss via the daylight!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bandersnatch » Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:17 pm

Welcome back - I'm somewhat new to board but I have read some of your old posts. I look forward to seeing some new ones. \:D/

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:24 pm

Welcome back!

Always good to see an old friend return from walkabout, even if it is only a temporary stop!

Congratulations on your new position, and change is always good in some way... At the very least it keeps us on our toes and stops us from Stagnating. lol. I know it doesn't always seem very helpful though. :roll:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews