Grandma learns a leason

Rumor, gossip, nonsense... all the things we love. This area is auto-pruned for topics over 21 days.
crone80
Level 1
Level 1

Grandma learns a leason

Post by crone80 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:39 am

Well, I guess to be older isn't always to be wiser. I took in a young homeless lady and her boyfriend about 2 months ago. They were slightly known by my son so I thought it would be a good thing to do. All went well for several weeks and they paid their way with doing work around the house that my husband (handicapped) and myself couldn't do. I came to trust them completly. Fri. night they asked to use my car for an errand, a few hours later the sheriffs office called. They totaled my car and ran from the cops. They are injured and hiding. They had apparently been on drugs the whole time they were here and me to naive to tell. Now we are without any transportation, not a good thing for folks who live way off the beaten track, and worst of all my trust and good will towards strangers is totally gone. Really don't even know why I'm posting this cept I need to get it off my chest and need to tell someone all about it. I know I'm new here to the forum so thanks for listening to a long rant. Sometimes I wish I was a spell caster instead of a pagan worshiper, but then again the rule of harm none comes into it. Doesn't seem fair somehow to let them get away with totally mucking up our lives though. I'm so upset I could spit!
Silver hair proves that to be old is to be kissed by the moon (unknow author)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:38 am

I'm so sorry this has happened :-(

Karma does come into play here, and you can see it effect this life more than other lives.

[-o< Blessings to you and your family who has been so hurt by these selfish people.

Willow, it must be something in the stars. New love, old love, and people getting absolutely scr**ed by a third party.

You'll be in my prayers, mon ami. I hope you get the legal/mundane things sorted out and in your favour, and that you and your family heals from this. :hug:
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:14 am

Oh dear,
well I hope this was a freak ting and not someone getting screwed.

We used towork with homeless kids and sometimes getting screwed over is part of the game. Nonethless your kindness will have rubbed off on them.

Hopefully insurance will kick in and the couple will get some karmic kicks.

I hope all works out for you and your family
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

crone80
Level 1
Level 1

Post by crone80 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:56 pm

thanks for the encouragement and the prayers. I'm not as angry as I was and of course we'll get over it. Bit of advise though..always have full coverage even for an old clunker. I probably won't give up on helping either, that would go against my nature. :-? It is frustrating though. Laughs ruefully Life is very interesting.
Silver hair proves that to be old is to be kissed by the moon (unknow author)